RMHH beat competition

alcove

Feb 3, 2003, 9:02:11 AM2/3/03
Are there more than two competitors?
Will mine bomb?

^alcove^

Example

Feb 3, 2003, 5:42:27 PM2/3/03
just gotta do some finishing touches on mine...ie take the vocals off.

then i'll email them tonite...

i have two, maybe three, not sure yet.

Example

"alcove" <leg.a...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

alcove

Feb 3, 2003, 7:01:19 PM2/3/03
Mr, Mr!
we have deadlines!

Bring it on....

^alcove^

noixe 2000

Feb 3, 2003, 8:10:27 PM2/3/03
As the one who set the deadlines...

I still can't convert to MP3 efficiently.

shit.

in article 3E3F02D0...@sympatico.ca, alcove at leg.a...@sympatico.ca

Example

Feb 3, 2003, 8:42:43 PM2/3/03
heres the beats for the contest...

all beats were made with cool edit pro, and the second two beats were made
with a drum program i found on the internet....and then edited with cooledit
pro...vocals left on were made with one SHITTY ASS PC MIC, also these are my
first beats EVER. and were made in about the past month...maybe month and a
half.

beat one still has the vocals because i stupidly erased the master
file....so all i have is the mp3...and bits and pieces...HOLP UP...i found
it i named it something else...

among the samples used for it are...

gary wright - dream weaver
bonnie raitt - i cant make you love me
carly simon - your so vain
billy joel - just the way you are
I-95 The asshole song
and some shit i shamelessy stole off the internet....

i left all the vocals so disqualify me.....
the chorusline could come in at better timing but whatever....

beat 2 is...

just one sample used 5 different ways....i flipped it, turned it upside down
and reversed it....the one vocal i left is because it's me with a helium
voice screaming YO DJ!

its a stevie wonder song and bonus points to the person who identifies it
first...

this was made with just cool edit....and i broke some self imposed barriers
as to what i could do with samples....

beat 3

was made with a drum program thingy...then after layered somewhat together
with cool edit....i have taken the vocals out....

no samples used just what you hear pieced together and layered with the drum
program.....

beat 4

probaly my favorite so far that i have made....i have it at like 3 and a
half minutes, but i chopped it to two for this, and didnt bother making an
outro or anything, so it ends abruptly...beat 3 probaly does too for that
matter

same as three pretty much, made with drum program ( which i dont like very
much), and then thrown together with CEP...no samples just various sounds
from drum samples and samplers and such.

i experimented with layering things to make ish come in louder at times and
such....vocals have been taken out...and its probaly for the better as they
sounded like shite...i cant talk very loud into my mic without it distorting
and shit.....

thats it.
i think i broke every rule once....but rules are made to be broken

Example
breakin off samples!

"noixe 2000" <alfr...@artsci.wustl.eduCATIONTASTESGOOD> wrote in message

Example

Feb 3, 2003, 8:49:06 PM2/3/03
the only thing i could think of for you to do is get cool edit, then just
open whatever you have (wav whatever) and then save the mixdown as an
mp3....the only problem is you can only save upto a minute with the
demo..but theres a way around that...if you decide to try this and need
that way around, email me.

Example

BSE

Feb 3, 2003, 9:35:58 PM2/3/03

> Are there more than two competitors?
> Will mine bomb?

If you can find me and Mark an MPC to buy(UK supplier gone tits up) then
we'll beat you with our first beat, straight up.

BSE

--
"No jokin', no one-eyed winkin's, It was, uh, Crackpot, yeah Crackpot Jenkins"
http://www.ukseen.com/nice/ - in some stores now!

To reply remove "thepillowfromyourheadandputabookinit"

locdogjr

Feb 3, 2003, 9:58:51 PM2/3/03
>If you can find me and Mark an MPC to buy

is that your boyfriend or something?
I've heard you talk about him

Peace,
LocDogJr

DJ Loc Dog is currently bumping: INI - Step Up

Composed by Mailer Signature (http://www.unusualworks.com)
"BSE" <b...@thepillowfromyourheadandputabookinitukseen.com> wrote in message

Example

Feb 3, 2003, 10:16:49 PM2/3/03
get me one too. i just bought a tunrtable...decided to wait on the mpc for
awhile....like probaly another 6 months....at least....

Example

BSE

Feb 4, 2003, 10:13:24 AM2/4/03
In article <J%F%9.251725$C8.8...@nnrp1.uunet.ca>, "locdogjr"
<locd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >If you can find me and Mark an MPC to buy
>
> is that your boyfriend or something?
> I've heard you talk about him

Thats veteran RMHHer Mark RED BEARD Murray to you young whippersnapper.

Bay Way 41510

Feb 4, 2003, 11:17:49 AM2/4/03
"locdogjr" <locd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<J%F%9.251725$C8.8...@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...

> >If you can find me and Mark an MPC to buy
>
> is that your boyfriend or something?
> I've heard you talk about him

HAAHAAHAA

Mark Murray & BSE sittin' in a tree...

STRATEGY

locdogjr

Feb 4, 2003, 2:01:10 PM2/4/03
> Thats veteran RMHHer Mark RED BEARD Murray to you young whippersnapper.

I been posting for like 2 years and have NO IDEA who that dude is,

I guess that goes along with how I could give a rats ass that Flash, Kari
Orr and some of these other dudes people lament about are gone.

Kari seemed like the most pretentious cunt ever. Like he tried to start
these conversations that he always had the "right" answer too.

Although I got more respect for Flash after reading what Natty posted about
him being one of the people to get this up on usenet.
Peace,
LocDogJr

DJ Loc Dog is currently bumping: CLassified - Unexpected

Composed by Mailer Signature (http://www.unusualworks.com)
"BSE" <b...@thepillowfromyourheadandputabookinitukseen.com> wrote in message

alcove

Feb 4, 2003, 4:53:19 PM2/4/03

BSE wrote:

> If you can find me and Mark an MPC to buy(UK supplier gone tits up) then
> we'll beat you with our first beat, straight up.

"Overconfidence leads to irony"....

you can't step,
^alcove^

Bay Way 41510

Feb 4, 2003, 5:44:09 PM2/4/03
"locdogjr" <locd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<A5U%9.252106$C8.8...@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...

> > Thats veteran RMHHer Mark RED BEARD Murray to you young whippersnapper.
>
> I been posting for like 2 years and have NO IDEA who that dude is,

Basically, Mark will always be an all-star in my book due to his
encyclopedia-esque knowledge of all things hip-hop

Plus he has a healthy respect for west coast electro, while others
would only mention Egyptian Lover/Wreckin' Kru/Dream Team/etc. as the
punchline for some lame-ass joke

> I guess that goes along with how I could give a rats ass that Flash, Kari
> Orr and some of these other dudes people lament about are gone.
>
> Kari seemed like the most pretentious cunt ever.

Kari & Flash are both cool, though I fuckin' hated Flash the first two
or three years I "knew" him

STRATEGY

Mark Murray

Feb 4, 2003, 5:55:35 PM2/4/03
The rareliest working man in Showbusiness wrote:

>HAAHAAHAA
>
>Mark Murray & BSE sittin' in a tree...
>

>STRATEGY

...dropping knowledge on the head of old man Strategy.

Has nurse woken you up from your afternoon nap or something? Get back
to bed Grandad!

--

o=| Mark |=o

Mark Murray

Feb 4, 2003, 6:21:45 PM2/4/03
(Little Bay Way 41510) wrote:

>Basically, Mark will always be an all-star in my book due to his
>encyclopedia-esque knowledge of all things hip-hop

Awww, shucks man.

>Plus he has a healthy respect for west coast electro, while others
>would only mention Egyptian Lover/Wreckin' Kru/Dream Team/etc. as the
>punchline for some lame-ass joke

Hey, I just got the 'Kings of the West Coast' LP by the LA Dream Team
for like 2 quid. Bargain!

"OOH Rockberry, Rockberry, Rockberry".

>Kari & Flash are both cool, though I fuckin' hated Flash the first two
>or three years I "knew" him

Flash didn't make too good an initial impression with me either, as he
accused me of ripping off his website.

As time went on I realised he did this to everyone.

--

o=| Mark |=o

Example

Feb 4, 2003, 8:43:54 PM2/4/03
did the email make it through?
i had trouble the first couple of times but it should have made it...i didnt
get any message saying it was unable to send....

Example

"alcove" <leg.a...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

BSE

Feb 5, 2003, 12:20:33 AM2/5/03

Bring it.

BSE

Feb 5, 2003, 12:21:54 AM2/5/03
In article <3e404a18...@news.demon.co.uk>, ma...@cowcud.demon.co.uk
(Mark Murray) wrote:

I aint sayin shit, my boyfriend is flexing like Mad Cobra.