Clipse are good rappers, discuss

bse

Apr 17, 2005, 8:23:17 AM4/17/05
"50 K won't even feed my demons"

Geniunely, at least one of them (which?) is a proper good rapper but
they get a lot of heat for being average. They are definitely one-track
but no more so than all the other crack rhymers.

I'm looking forward to the new album.

bs

--
To reply by email, remove "YOURHANDSFROMYOURLAP".

http://www.abitnice.com/canibringmygat/ - mp3 blog
http://www.abitnice.com - fully operational def starr

---Pete---

Apr 17, 2005, 9:25:22 AM4/17/05
"bse" wrote in message

> "50 K won't even feed my demons"
>
> Geniunely, at least one of them (which?) is a proper good rapper but
> they get a lot of heat for being average. They are definitely one-track
> but no more so than all the other crack rhymers.

Word.

They manage to do what Camron and the Dipset attempt. Albeit less
entertainingly but technically superior...
--
This was an insight into the mind of ---Pete---
"Read and profit from the knowledge"

bse

Apr 17, 2005, 12:56:25 PM4/17/05
In article <6tt8e.8228$DU6....@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>,
"---Pete---" <raaas...@bumbaclaat.com> wrote:

> "bse" wrote in message
> > "50 K won't even feed my demons"
> >
> > Geniunely, at least one of them (which?) is a proper good rapper but
> > they get a lot of heat for being average. They are definitely one-track
> > but no more so than all the other crack rhymers.
>
> Word.
>
> They manage to do what Camron and the Dipset attempt. Albeit less
> entertainingly but technically superior...

Yes. was gonna say them and Juelz are the best pure crack rappers out. I
like cam but he's too stupid to give props to.

R. Stewart

Apr 17, 2005, 9:40:43 PM4/17/05
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, ---Pete--- wrote:

> "bse" wrote in message
> > "50 K won't even feed my demons"
> >
> > Geniunely, at least one of them (which?) is a proper good rapper but
> > they get a lot of heat for being average. They are definitely one-track
> > but no more so than all the other crack rhymers.
>
> Word.
>
> They manage to do what Camron and the Dipset attempt. Albeit less
> entertainingly but technically superior...
> --

Pretty much agree with you and Pete on this one... that and the fact that
every few months, a few of my friends and I get into a discussion of
whether or not one of the verses from 'Grindin' constitutes a proper
triple entendre...

"Them days I wasn't able/Abel, there was always cane/'caine/Kane"

...good stuff to anger and annoy any literary types you know...

-rs

R. Stewart
Doctoral Program in Neuroscience, Brandeis University
http://www.bio.brandeis.edu/neuro01/neuro_phd.html

Volen Center Memory & Cognition Lab
http://www.bio.brandeis.edu/memlab/

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

mattmatical

Apr 18, 2005, 12:10:12 AM4/18/05
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:40:43 -0400, "R. Stewart" wrote:

>Pretty much agree with you and Pete on this one... that and the fact that
>every few months, a few of my friends and I get into a discussion of
>whether or not one of the verses from 'Grindin' constitutes a proper
>triple entendre...
>
>"Them days I wasn't able/Abel, there was always cane/'caine/Kane"

Do you mean these three ...

Them days I wasn't Abel, there was always Cain?
Them days I wasn't able, there was always Kane?
Them days I wasn't able, there was always 'caine?

Matt
"I Beat Nuts like you, and everybody's glad it's one Psycho Les"

Sumran

Apr 18, 2005, 8:04:18 AM4/18/05
bse wrote:
> "50 K won't even feed my demons"
>
> Geniunely, at least one of them (which?) is a proper good rapper but
> they get a lot of heat for being average. They are definitely one-track
> but no more so than all the other crack rhymers.

> I'm looking forward to the new album.

I have to admit I've only started feeling them recently. I always
looked at them as the Neptunes bringing their boys up like D12 or whatever.

--

"The pen is mightier than the sword, cause the pen gives the word
sending swords to war"

--

http://www.livejournal.com/users/propaganda_life/

Contributer to www.rmhh.com

noixe!

Apr 18, 2005, 11:58:17 AM4/18/05
mattmatical wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:40:43 -0400, "R. Stewart" wrote:
>

>>Pretty much agree with you and Pete on this one... that and the fact that
>>every few months, a few of my friends and I get into a discussion of
>>whether or not one of the verses from 'Grindin' constitutes a proper
>>triple entendre...
>>
>>"Them days I wasn't able/Abel, there was always cane/'caine/Kane"
>

> Do you mean these three ...
>
> Them days I wasn't Abel, there was always Cain?
> Them days I wasn't able, there was always Kane?
> Them days I wasn't able, there was always 'caine?

wow I never even thought past the first and last.

R. Stewart

Apr 18, 2005, 12:25:56 PM4/18/05

yeah, those three... spelled Cain incorrectly in my first post (see what a
couple of replays of WWF Smackdown on the PS2 does to you? Can't even
spell old biblical names anymore...)

the triple entendre is debatable, but it's always fun to bring up when you
get stodgy types questioning the actual poetic value of rap lyrics... it's
the unexpected example that catches them, so it's worth a wink and a nod,
at least...

TJ Xenos

Apr 18, 2005, 4:32:40 PM4/18/05

Isnt there 4 because of The days I wasn't Abel there was always Kane,
as in when he wasnt good he could be bad.... This is really a dope
fucking line.

noixe!

Apr 18, 2005, 4:53:47 PM4/18/05

>>>Do you mean these three ...
>>>
>>>Them days I wasn't Abel, there was always Cain?
>>>Them days I wasn't able, there was always Kane?
>>>Them days I wasn't able, there was always 'caine?
>>
>>wow I never even thought past the first and last.
>

> Isnt there 4 because of The days I wasn't Abel there was always Kane,
> as in when he wasnt good he could be bad.... This is really a dope
> fucking line.

that's what i was thinkin of when I meant the first one...

ok there's:

"them days I wasn't able, there was always caine"
(when I couldn't get money legit I could slang)

"them days I wasn't Abel, there was always Cain"
(when I couldn't be good, I was bad)

"them days I wasn't able, there was always Kane"
(on hard days growing up I would listen to big daddy kane)

I don't really think he meant the third one.

R. Stewart

Apr 18, 2005, 4:42:39 PM4/18/05

Honestly, I'm not sure just how many references you can get out of that
couplet, but the ones that I've 'confirmed' (aka my mans and them agreed
that they're legitimate extrapolations) are:

a) Them days I was able (ie, physically adept) there was always cane (ie,
a crutch/aid)
b) Them days I wasn't Abel (the good one), there was always Cain (the
Jeckyll-Hide dichotomy)
c) Them days I wasn't able, there was always 'caine

there's probably more... and yes, it's a dope line...

TJ Xenos

Apr 18, 2005, 5:07:42 PM4/18/05

WHOA. I didnt even think about BDK. I just meant the 4 variations
using Abel/Able and Cain/caine, which would give you your 3 plus the
"the days i wasnt Abel there was always `caine" that the days he wasnt
good he hustled.... And tweaking your last one with Cain as in
biblical, there's the possibility the days he couldnt get money his
evil twin could (being that he lacked morals) or that he could flip the
script from Abel to Cain and be the bad motherfucker when he was
broke.. This is a mindbogglingly dope line the more I think about it.
Sort of like on the jam on the blueprint where jay-z flips the "and
often"/"an orphan" with his pops leavin him and his mother not being
home...