JUST FOR FLASH - Ultramagnetic All-Star Rap MP3

1 view

A to the L

Jun 21, 2001, 8:53:17 AM6/21/01
Get it at the following url:

http://www.btinternet.com/~almv/ultraallstar.mp3

Things to note:

The poor quality - apologies but I did this 13 years ago by pushing an
old ass cassette recorder up close to the TV speaker, pumping up the
TV volume and recording it thru the mic socket on the tape recorder
(while telling everyone to be quiet). So apologies for my lack of
technology skills all years ago....

Mark Eaton as an all-star. Ditto TOm Chambers. Kool Keith's short,
(ie. unimpressed with subject matter) verse about Eaton.

Ced Gee all over Isisah Thomas' nutsack - giving him the longest
verse...

You all owe me big time for this - I got absolutely filthy digging in
the attic for the tape...

PEACH

A to the L

Check the sites y'all... www.altrap.com www.raredj.com

"If skills were pussy, half you rappers would be celibate."

Gary

Jun 21, 2001, 9:45:35 AM6/21/01
cool
"A to the L" <al...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Ralph Barbagallo

Jun 22, 2001, 12:05:41 AM6/22/01
This track is also available on the unofficial Ultramag album, "Smack my
Bitch up" on Tuff City. I could only get it on vinyl though. It has a
series of other rarities--such as the original mix of Poppa Large. It's
different from both the remixes and the album cut. And it's even worse than
the album cut. :)

Ahh how far Kool Keith has come--from "All Stars" to "Message to the N.B.A"

--
Ralph A. Barbagallo III
http://www.concentric.net/~flarb
"Gary" <walt...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jun 22, 2001, 1:16:20 AM6/22/01
In article <hDzY6.463$Nf3.1...@news.pacbell.net>,
fla...@spamnyet.pacbell.net says...

> This track is also available on the unofficial Ultramag album, "Smack my
> Bitch up" on Tuff City. I could only get it on vinyl though.

I thought Keith sued to have all of the Tuff City releases scuttled
though. An RMHHer sent me cassette dubs of at least one of the albums
(mostly radio freestyles as I recall) but I was never able to find
them in stores anywhere.

Peace, Flash

--
"Besides, what is beer but steak in a glass?" -> shockzilla(OK)
PLEASE DIRECT REPLIES TO dj.f...@pobox.com

Ralph Barbagallo

Jun 22, 2001, 3:45:07 AM6/22/01
I dunno, Tuff City still sells Moe Love's Basement Tapes on their site. I
really need to get that one--it's one of the few Tuff City releases I'm
missing. I got "Smack my Bitch up" on vinyl through GEMM.com maybe 2 years
ago. It pretty much sucks, and a few of the tracks can be found on Basement
Tapes or New York What is Funky. Maybe I should MP3 it up for posterity.

The first volume of Basement Tapes is not that hard to find. I've seen it
in a few shops. New York What is Funky is much harder to find, although I
have both. I have not been able to get a hold of "Boston to Brixton" which
is the Ultra live album. I *THINK* that's on Tuff City, or at least it was
at one point. Aside from a few singles Tuff City put out, I think that's
all of them.

Let's see:

Basement Tapes Vol 1
New York What is Funky
Smack my Bitch up
Moe Love's Basement Tapes
Boston to Brxton

I think that's all of them. Personally, I like Basement Tapes a lot. There
are a few gems on New York What is Funky, but not many. Not to mention a
few downright embarrassing tracks obviously not meant to be heard outside of
some forgotten early '90s studio session. And yeah there are a few radio
freestyles and promo spots (one for the Tim Westwood Show) on both discs.

What is particularly hilarious is Ced Gee's narration on the first disc. It
sounds like he's mainlining some lithium while recording live in the Tuff
City receptionist lounge. You can hear people walking around and talking in
the background while Ced Gee lethargically struggles to remember the dates
on various Ultra tracks. The vinyl release doesn't have this brilliant
producer's commentary, though.

Oh yeah, another sure sign that these discs were made with love is that the
tracklisting on New York What is Funky is wrong. They accidentally cut some
intro or whatever into a separate track which throws off all the track
numbers by 1 about midway through. What sticklers for quality!

Although Keith had a beef with Tuff City, I never heard anything about an
official lawsuit--or the results of one.

--
Ralph A. Barbagallo III
http://www.concentric.net/~flarb

"Steve 'Flash' Juon" <dj.f...@pobox.com> wrote in message

Steve 'Flash' Juon

Jun 22, 2001, 6:17:33 AM6/22/01
In article <2RCY6.560$Nf3.2...@news.pacbell.net>,
fla...@spamnyet.pacbell.net says...

> Let's see:
>
> Basement Tapes Vol 1
> New York What is Funky
> Smack my Bitch up
> Moe Love's Basement Tapes
> Boston to Brxton

This post was so comprehensive I had to forward myself a copy just so I
can use it for reference later. ;)