Notes on the Abbreviated Run

Oliver Wang

Sep 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/12/95
Solesides tape update:

As it turns out I will NOT be offering a Solesides mix tape mainly b/c
Solesides will be offering their own around early October. Inside
sources have it that DJ Shadow will mix together a Solesides melange of
old and new tracks plus an underground mix of slept on tracks in the
local areas.

It's also rumored that a lot of Shadow's Mo Wax stuff will be coming
out on domestic rerelease if Mo Wax's US distribution plan takes off.
For updates, refer yourselves to:

http://www.massive.com/solesides/
The Solesides homepage.

Other stuff:

For those of you who've heard of a fat dancehall song feat. a female
reggae artist wrecking sh*t over the Mad Izm beat, the artist's name is
Lady Lee (sp?) and right now, the single is only available on promo
7". However, response to the cut has been strong and there's word on
the street that a 12" is forthcoming, out of DBX Records in Boston.

For those who have heard "Bloodshed and War" feat. the combo of Mobb
Deep with the Illy Funkstas (i.e. Da Youngstas)...damn, was I the only
one who thought that the track showed how skilled Havoc and Progidy are
compared to everyone else, including the Illy Funkstas? Their verses
just ripped while Taj and Q just didn't say much really.

There's some other sh*t to definitely catch...I should have my updated
Sure Shot Singles up in a couple of days, but just to drop some names:

Tony Da Skitzo: Who You Talkin To? (Ill rhymes out of San Diego.)

Scott Lark da Sensei: Insight [CONTRACT] (real nice sh*t outta the Iladelph.)

Blahzay Blahzay: Danger [MERCURY](apparently a hella hard record to come
by even in NYC)

Rascals: Solitaire (out of Canada, mad cool)

MC Hammer: Sultry Funk (The MC is back...go Hammer, go Hammer, go!)
Ya'll realie I'm joking right?

KGB: Bless Ya Life remix [MASCOT] (down with the Wu Tang)

Peace,