Asia Born

Matthew Kusanovich

Feb 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/14/96

Matthew Kusanovich

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
Yo, you think Mad Skillz and Raskass are the best freestylers in the
hip-hop industry today, you need to check out Asia Born of the
Solesides/Blackalicious crew. I just peeped a little freestyle he did on
the very limited Solesides mix tape, and his shit was nice. His flow was
wicked, much like Gift of Gab from Blackalicious. He definately has a way
with words!!

Some sidenotes about this crew:
1) Lateef the Truth Speaker has a single called "The Wreckoning" coming
out in the middle of February. The promo is only on vinyl, but they
promised something special on the commercial release which should also be
on cassette.(Maybe)
2) DJ Shadow is collaborating with Chief XL of Blackalicious and putting
something out. Check for it soon.
3) Asia Born is putting something out in April 96.

I'm hoping Blackalicious will put out a full album, but I havn't talked to
Gab in a while. Stay tuned...

Peace,
DJ K La Boss

Keep Hip-Hop Alive & Support College Radio!!!!!

Oliver Wang

Feb 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/20/96
From: Oliver Wang <ol...@igc.apc.org>

/* Written 9:47 PM Feb 14, 1996 by ez05...@rocky.ucdavis.edu in igc:rec.music.hip- */
/* ---------- "Asia Born" ---------- */

Yo, you think Mad Skillz and Raskass are the best freestylers in the
hip-hop industry today, you need to check out Asia Born of the
Solesides/Blackalicious crew. I just peeped a little freestyle he did on
the very limited Solesides mix tape, and his shit was nice. His flow was
wicked, much like Gift of Gab from Blackalicious. He definately has a way
with words!!

***Word...Lyrx Born has got an ill type flow and mad creativity.

Some sidenotes about this crew:
1) Lateef the Truth Speaker has a single called "The Wreckoning" coming
out in the middle of February. The promo is only on vinyl, but they
promised something special on the commercial release which should also be
on cassette.(Maybe)

***No, it should definitely be coming out commercially. Promos are due
out this Friday with commercial copies about two weeks after I would guess.

2) DJ Shadow is collaborating with Chief XL of Blackalicious and putting
something out. Check for it soon.

***It's actually a 12" with both artists. Chief XL has a cut called
"Fully Charged on Planet X" feat. Lyrx, Lateef and Gab. Shadow has an
instrumental cut (a slammin one too) called "Hardcore" on the B-side.

Shadow's remix for Krush/Roots' "Meiso" is due out soon too...I know
white label promos are floating out there so the actual product, on Mo
Wax, should be out soon too. It'll be import only though for at least
half a year.

3) Asia Born is putting something out in April 96.

***Possibly...in fact, all of them might release full albums within a
year but it depends on how some business stuff works out. Definitely,
look for the Lateef 12" with his pairing with Lyrx Born on the B. And
check for Chief XL's cut too...butter.

For those in the Bay Area, peep out Radio Sole, featuring DJ Zen and
Chief Xcel, every week on Mondays from 9-9:30pm on 90.7 FM.

Peace,