Another Demonoid?

yoker

Sep 14, 2012, 7:43:02 PM9/14/12
Demonoid powered by Bing, just another Mirosoft product." Demonoid is
a private BitTorrent tracker used for search and exchange media files
in the Internet." Anyone try this one?

http://www.demonoid.name

Walter Karmazyn

Sep 14, 2012, 11:09:12 PM9/14/12
From torrentfreak.com , today:

Demonoid: There�s Still Hope, But We�re Not Coming Back Soon

A few days ago Demonoid showed the first signs of life in weeks when the
domain�s nameservers were updated. Unfortunately, this doesn�t mean that
the site is preparing to make a comeback. The site�s tech admin informs
TorrentFreak that the Demonoid crew is �not looking into putting the
site back up at the moment.� However, the troubled BitTorrent site is
not giving up entirely just yet.

demonoidAfter the popular BitTorrent tracker Demonoid suffered a DDoS
and hacker attack last month, the site�s servers in Ukraine were pulled
offline.

Local authorities explained that Interpol asked them to take action as
part of an investigation into the site�s alleged owners in Mexico.

In the weeks that followed the Demonoid team remained silent. All this
time the site itself showed absolutely no sign of life. However, a few
days ago something changed.

All of a sudden Demonoid.me�s nameservers switched from demonoid.com to
demonoid.me. Could it be that the site was preparing to make a comeback?

We decided to ask the tech admin of the site, who hadn�t responded to
our inquiries for a few weeks. This time he was quick to reply,
explaining that the DNS change was made to fix issues with the mail server.

�The DNS change was so the mail started working again,� Demonoid�s tech
admin told TorrentFreak.

When we asked the admin to shed a light on the future of the popular
BitTorrent site we were told that there is �nothing interesting to
report yet.�

�I hope there will be one day, but it might not be soon,� the tech admin
added.

Demonoid will remain down for the time being and there are no plans to
bring it back anytime soon. �We are down, and we�re not looking into
putting the site back up at the moment,� the admin said.

In other words, Demonoid might return at some point in the future, but
it�s more likely that this will take months, rather than days.

In many ways the current situation is reminiscent of the downtime
Demonoid suffered half a decade ago. During the summer of 2007 the site
shut down its servers after receiving legal threats from the CRIA. After
being offline for six months the site eventually reappeared in full
glory early 2008.

Time will tell whether Demonoid can make a comeback once again.

yoker

Sep 15, 2012, 11:39:27 AM9/15/12
On Sep 14, 11:09 pm, Walter Karmazyn <walterkarma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 9/14/2012 4:43 PM, yoker wrote:
>
> > Demonoid powered by Bing, just another Mirosoft product." Demonoid is
> > a private BitTorrent tracker used for search and exchange media files
> > in the Internet."  Anyone try this one?
>
> >http://www.demonoid.name
>
>  From torrentfreak.com , today:
>
> Demonoid: There’s Still Hope, But We’re Not Coming Back Soon
>
> A few days ago Demonoid showed the first signs of life in weeks when the
> domain’s nameservers were updated. Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean that
> the site is preparing to make a comeback. The site’s tech admin informs
> TorrentFreak that the Demonoid crew is “not looking into putting the
> site back up at the moment.” However, the troubled BitTorrent site is
> not giving up entirely just yet.
>
> demonoidAfter the popular BitTorrent tracker Demonoid suffered a DDoS
> and hacker attack last month, the site’s servers in Ukraine were pulled
> offline.
>
> Local authorities explained that Interpol asked them to take action as
> part of an investigation into the site’s alleged owners in Mexico.
>
> In the weeks that followed the Demonoid team remained silent. All this
> time the site itself showed absolutely no sign of life. However, a few
> days ago something changed.
>
> All of a sudden Demonoid.me’s nameservers switched from demonoid.com to
> demonoid.me. Could it be that the site was preparing to make a comeback?
>
> We decided to ask the tech admin of the site, who hadn’t responded to
> our inquiries for a few weeks. This time he was quick to reply,
> explaining that the DNS change was made to fix issues with the mail server.
>
> “The DNS change was so the mail started working again,” Demonoid’s tech
> admin told TorrentFreak.
>
> When we asked the admin to shed a light on the future of the popular
> BitTorrent site we were told that there is “nothing interesting to
> report yet.”
>
> “I hope there will be one day, but it might not be soon,” the tech admin
> added.
>
> Demonoid will remain down for the time being and there are no plans to
> bring it back anytime soon. “We are down, and we’re not looking into
> putting the site back up at the moment,” the admin said.
>
> In other words, Demonoid might return at some point in the future, but
> it’s more likely that this will take months, rather than days.
>
> In many ways the current situation is reminiscent of the downtime
> Demonoid suffered half a decade ago. During the summer of 2007 the site
> shut down its servers after receiving legal threats from the CRIA. After
> being offline for six months the site eventually reappeared in full
> glory early 2008.
>
> Time will tell whether Demonoid can make a comeback once again.

Walter,
I have not tried this link yet. I think this link is for Microsoft
product, via Bing. The spoils of war, the Demonoid we knew is
probably gone for good and anyone, such as the people behind
Demonoid, are now infringing on Microsoft copyrights. Notice how the
icon has changed from green to red.

Walter Karmazyn

Sep 15, 2012, 3:48:41 PM9/15/12
On 9/15/2012 8:39 AM, yoker wrote:
> [...]
>> putting the site back up at the moment,� the admin said.
>>
>> In other words, Demonoid might return at some point in the future, but
>> it�s more likely that this will take months, rather than days.
>>
>> In many ways the current situation is reminiscent of the downtime
>> Demonoid suffered half a decade ago. During the summer of 2007 the site
>> shut down its servers after receiving legal threats from the CRIA. After
>> being offline for six months the site eventually reappeared in full
>> glory early 2008.
>>
>> Time will tell whether Demonoid can make a comeback once again.
>

> Walter,
> I have not tried this link yet. I think this link is for Microsoft
> product, via Bing. The spoils of war, the Demonoid we knew is
> probably gone for good and anyone, such as the people behind
> Demonoid, are now infringing on Microsoft copyrights. Notice how the

Yoker,

I haven't downloaded whatever is at the other end of that link, which if
you click doesn't take you to a website and doesn't tell you what kind
of setup.exe you are downloading. However, pointing my mouse at the
link, I get an idea of where it's going:

http://downloader-youtube.org/

Which isn't Microsoft. They only make 3 products you can view from
there. Also, demonoid.name is NOT demonoid.me or demonoid.com, which
are still owned by demonoid and the .me was updated Sept 5th, as
mentioned above. demonoid.me which is what the demon has been using for
a while now doesn't expire until 2014. Evidently this is just a scam to
download something from the link I posted.

Now if you go to the link below and type demonoid in the search, you'll
find out just how many demonoid.whatevers are out there and they'll even
arrange (for a fee) for you to have one of you choice, if it isn't
already taken.

http://www.name.com/name

We'll see what happens with the demon...

HTH,

Walter Karmazyn

Sep 15, 2012, 9:57:14 PM9/15/12
Yoker, apparently that was the home page to a site that had more to it,
though no links appear (at least not with firefox and opera) to get
there. It tells you everything you'd like to know about the real
demonoid though it's a bit out of date. Still, the site is hawking
youtube downloader. On these pages, the download hyperlink you see on
the link you posted says you are downloading btjunkie, though when you
download the exe., it calls the software yuotubedownloader (not a typo).
Here's the link if you'd like to explore the other pages:

http://demonoid.name/products.html

You can navigate from there.

Band Beyond Desu

Sep 19, 2012, 5:32:05 AM9/19/12
Walter Karmazyn <walterk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 9/15/2012 12:48 PM, Walter Karmazyn wrote:

If anyone uses the alternative BT site RevTT, be careful:

http://torrentfreak.com/hackers-leak-38000-passwords-from-large-private-bittorrent-tracker-120919/