The Worst "Dark Star" is Grayfolded

Pluted Pup

Aug 16, 2022, 1:45:51 PM8/16/22
I've been told that the 2 CD set Grayfolded is "Dark Stars strung
together" but it isn't, it's a bunch of butchered excerpts in a
careless random collage that has no musical flow, unlike a real Dark
Star, it even edits in vocal repeats with abrasive results. That was
my impression. The best part is on the second CD where an actual
Dark Star is allowed to flow for 15 minutes, but the full Dark Star
it's taken from would be perhaps better than just a lengthy excerpt.

Has there been strung together and/or edited lengthy Dark Star
compilations that have a musical flow and are not mockeries like
Grayfolded?

Rick Wolfish

Aug 16, 2022, 2:05:22 PM8/16/22
This does not answer your question but many years ago when I was in college in SF a friend asked me to make a cassette tape of lots of versions of Eyes Of The World, his favorite song. If I say so myself it was pretty cool.

AB...@efg.com

Aug 17, 2022, 7:07:03 AM8/17/22
Rick Wolfish <rld.w...@gmail.com> wrote in
https://archive.org/details/gd1977-12-31_505

"Tuning '77" - a seamless audio supercut of an entire year of
the Grateful Dead tuning their instruments, live on stage.
publicly available recording from 1977, examining the divide
between audience expectation and performance anxiety.

Source: all 1977 recordings from archive.org's collection, as of
12/05/2012.