Grateful Dead - 5/26/77 - Soundboard - Complete show

bmoore

Feb 8, 2024, 11:52:35 AMFeb 8

Joel J. Reisteter

Feb 10, 2024, 6:02:42 PMFeb 10
On Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 11:52:35 AM UTC-5, bmoore wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT0X_EdAuR8

Thank you!
There are just a few specks of real Dead Head life left in the old rec.music.gdead.
You and a few others.
I access this old Usenet board via Google Groups
On February 22, 2024, Google will no longer support new content,
but I may read stuff others have posted.
So this may be my last post or close to my last post of my penultimate post
via google groups.

Dave Garrett

Feb 11, 2024, 1:08:47 AMFeb 11
In article <9ff80a69-b32b-436b...@googlegroups.com>,
reistet...@gmail.com says...
There are plenty of other alternatives to Google Groups. You could get a
(free) account at an NNTP server like https://www.eternal-september.org/
and configure a (free) newsreader to access it. Mozilla's Thunderbird is
one option, and there's a tutorial available for it here:

https://www.big-8.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_Usenet

Or, if the reason you were using Google Groups was web-based access,
Nova BBS might suit you better. For rec.music.gdead, see:

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/thread.php?group=rec.music.gdead

--
Dave

Band Beyond Youall

Feb 11, 2024, 5:57:22 AMFeb 11
There’s also the robust and perennial Berlin-based news.individual.net, for
a mere 10 euros a year and for which you’ll need a newsreader app/program…

Scott Dorsey

Feb 11, 2024, 10:58:53 AMFeb 11
Joel J. Reisteter <reistet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>There are just a few specks of real Dead Head life left in the old rec.musi=
>c.gdead.
>You and a few others.
>I access this old Usenet board via Google Groups
>On February 22, 2024, Google will no longer support new content,=20
>but I may read stuff others have posted.
>So this may be my last post or close to my last post of my penultimate post=
>via google groups.

Thank God! I am so happy to see the Google spam going away! How can you
use that horrible interface anyway? Just get a proper newsreader an account
on Eternal September or any one of a number of news servers and you will
see why people have been talking about how horrible Google was for the past
couple decades.
--scott

bmoore

Feb 14, 2024, 1:06:16 PMFeb 14
On Saturday, February 10, 2024 at 3:02:42 PM UTC-8, Joel J. Reisteter wrote:
> On Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 11:52:35 AM UTC-5, bmoore wrote:
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT0X_EdAuR8
>

> Thank you!
> There are just a few specks of real Dead Head life left in the old rec.music.gdead.
> You and a few others.

Thanks, Joel. I expect to stay on here even when GG dies.