GD: 04/17,18,19/87, Irvine Meadows CA (sbd)

yoker

Jun 20, 2010, 10:15:20 AM6/20/10

Beaver Fever

Aug 27, 2021, 12:57:38 AM8/27/21
27 years ago

Hell froze over

Opening with Hotel California

The Eagles May 24 1994 at Irvine Meadows

Where is the love

Band Beyond Youall

Aug 27, 2021, 8:06:53 AM8/27/21
You can have The Eagles after 1978…the meth continues to obscure your
critical faculties…
<disgusted>

the Felonious Kidd

Aug 27, 2021, 10:33:53 PM8/27/21
Critical faculties? Is that like an oxymoron in this case?

And speaking of critical...

>Grateful Dead - April 19, 1987
>Irvine Meadows - Laguna Hills, CA

Anachronism meet malplacement. Picayune, picayune...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvine_Meadows_Amphitheatre

Some great, if not entirely recoverable, memories of the Easter shows.

Band Beyond Youall

Aug 29, 2021, 1:01:47 AM8/29/21
the Felonious Kidd <bob_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 5:06:53 AM UTC-7, Band Beyond Youall wrote:
>> Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> 27 years ago
>>>
>>> Hell froze over
>>>
>>> Opening with Hotel California
>>>
>>> The Eagles May 24 1994 at Irvine Meadows
>>>
>>> Where is the love
>>>
>> You can have The Eagles after 1978&the meth continues to obscure your
>> critical faculties&
>> <disgusted>
>
> Critical faculties? Is that like an oxymoron in this case?
>
> And speaking of critical...
>
>> Grateful Dead - April 19, 1987
>> Irvine Meadows - Laguna Hills, CA
>
> Anachronism meet malplacement. Picayune, picayune...
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvine_Meadows_Amphitheatre
>
> Some great, if not entirely recoverable, memories of the Easter shows.

Which is why the rumors of Deadheads sneaking in to the ‘83 Irvine shows
through Lion Country Safari are not unfounded…

History

The site was previously part of the Lion Country Safari, one of seven such
parks located in the United States. The owner of the safari park held a
29-year lease, and subleased a portion to the owners of the Irvine Meadows
Amphitheatre in 1981.[1] The safari park closed in 1984, with the owner
still holding 13 years on the lease, which he then subleased to the
operators of the Wild Rivers water park and the Camp Frasier (later Camp
James) summer camp, which became the neighbors of the Irvine Meadows
Amphitheatre.[1] The water park and summer camp closed in 2011, with the
land turned into a housing development by the Irvine Company.[1]

bmoore

Aug 29, 2021, 2:11:08 PM8/29/21
Real problems when a couple of gate crashers stumbled on a lion left behind.

yoker56

Aug 29, 2021, 7:24:38 PM8/29/21
On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 1:01:47 AM UTC-4, Band Beyond Youall wrote:
> the Felonious Kidd <bob_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 5:06:53 AM UTC-7, Band Beyond Youall wrote:
> >> Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:

> > And speaking of critical...
> >
> >> Grateful Dead - April 19, 1987
> >> Irvine Meadows - Laguna Hills, CA
> >
> > Anachronism meet malplacement. Picayune, picayune...
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvine_Meadows_Amphitheatre
> >
> > Some great, if not entirely recoverable, memories of the Easter shows.
> >
> Which is why the rumors of Deadheads sneaking in to the ‘83 Irvine shows
> through Lion Country Safari are not unfounded…
>
> History
>
> The site was previously part of the Lion Country Safari, one of seven such
> parks located in the United States. The owner of the safari park held a
> 29-year lease, and subleased a portion to the owners of the Irvine Meadows
> Amphitheatre in 1981. The safari park closed in 1984, with the owner
> still holding 13 years on the lease, which he then subleased to the
> operators of the Wild Rivers water park and the Camp Frasier (later Camp
> James) summer camp, which became the neighbors of the Irvine Meadows
> Amphitheatre. The water park and summer camp closed in 2011, with the
> land turned into a housing development by the Irvine Company.

A history I never knew about.
Far out, maaaannn!
Groovy!

His story, not mine.

yoker56

Aug 29, 2021, 7:29:25 PM8/29/21
On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 2:11:08 PM UTC-4, bmoore wrote:

> Real problems when a couple of gate crashers stumbled on a lion left behind.

So the lion shook them down, a sort of Shakedown Street, and took both of the gate crasher's stashes.

yoker56

Aug 29, 2021, 7:34:05 PM8/29/21
So this orphaned 11-year-old thread got a little life to it?
I was just sharing 3 shows from the Spring 1987 tour and look what happened...

Beaver Fever

Aug 30, 2021, 12:18:29 AM8/30/21
i did that

Beaver Fever

Aug 30, 2021, 12:26:55 AM8/30/21
On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 5:06:53 AM UTC-7, Band Beyond Youall wrote:
classic days at Irvine Meadows I don't get the hate

who remembers the Pantera shows

the Felonious Kidd

Aug 31, 2021, 1:44:22 AM8/31/21
If you hum a few bars I'll fake being interested.

Band Beyond Youall

Aug 31, 2021, 5:52:17 AM8/31/21
the Felonious Kidd <bob_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, August 29, 2021 at 9:26:55 PM UTC-7, Beaver Fever wrote:

>>> You can have The Eagles after 1978&the meth continues to obscure your
>>> critical faculties&
>>> <disgusted>
>> classic days at Irvine Meadows I don't get the hate
>>
>> who remembers the Pantera shows
>
> If you hum a few bars I'll fake being interested.

POTD!

Just Kidding

Aug 31, 2021, 12:30:17 PM8/31/21

On 31 Aug 2021 09:52:14 GMT, Band Beyond Youall
POTD was a much bigger deal when there were more than 3 posts a day
here.

bmoore

Aug 31, 2021, 1:55:55 PM8/31/21
POTD!

Band Beyond Youall

Aug 31, 2021, 6:43:12 PM8/31/21
Beat me to it…

yoker56

Sep 2, 2021, 4:36:14 PM9/2/21
On Monday, August 30, 2021 at 12:26:55 AM UTC-4, Beaver Fever wrote:

> classic days at Irvine Meadows I don't get the hate
>
> who remembers the Pantera shows

Pantera?
Who are they?

Yeah, I know who Pantera is
and I don't care for them.
No interest.

frndthdevl

Sep 3, 2021, 3:05:19 AM9/3/21

frndthdevl

Sep 3, 2021, 3:08:00 AM9/3/21
On Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 1:36:14 PM UTC-7, yoker56 wrote:
Hey I was there. My wife pregnant with Hunter. Just neturned from my only east coast tour!
Hey Steve I hope you are doing well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVLiHPUOIM

frndthdevl

Sep 3, 2021, 3:12:54 AM9/3/21