Repeat Offenders video

volkfolk

Mar 25, 2008, 5:05:44 PM3/25/08
We've got our first video up from our gig at The Beachcomber. I'd
really love some feedback on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2BlFOvacdc

Scot

Rogues Island's finest

Mar 25, 2008, 5:14:50 PM3/25/08

Sounds great. Do you guys know any Phish songs?

Mark

Ken Fortenberry

Mar 25, 2008, 5:14:33 PM3/25/08

Needs more cow bell.

--
Ken Fortenberry

DGDevin

Mar 25, 2008, 6:10:13 PM3/25/08

Does the lighting tech charge by the color? ;^)

Dave Kelly

Mar 25, 2008, 6:10:53 PM3/25/08

"volkfolk" <volk...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I'm sorta confused...did you guys video tape this
in the hope of getting gigs?

JimK

Mar 25, 2008, 6:12:04 PM3/25/08

Sweetbac will post his review shortly. You may regret the feedback
request.

JimK

volkfolk

Mar 25, 2008, 6:23:35 PM3/25/08
On Mar 25, 6:12 pm, JimK <jkezwind@comcastDOTnet> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:05:44 -0700 (PDT), volkfolk
>
> <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >We've got our first video up from our gig at The Beachcomber. I'd
> >really love some feedback on this.
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2BlFOvacdc
>
> >Scot
>
> Sweetbac will post his review shortly. You may regret the feedback
> request.
>
> JimK

I'll take it with the grain of salt that it so richly deserves.

Scot

volkfolk

Mar 25, 2008, 6:24:44 PM3/25/08
On Mar 25, 6:10 pm, "Dave Kelly" <sweet...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> "volkfolk" <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote in message

So what have YOU done lately? Besides sing showtunes in those white Go
Go boots that is?

Scot

volkfolk

Mar 25, 2008, 6:26:26 PM3/25/08

LOL. It's a classic Irish bar in Boston. I was pleasantly surprised to
find that they

A) Had an actual stage
B) Had ANY lights at all

Scot

Dave Kelly

Mar 25, 2008, 6:52:10 PM3/25/08

> So what have YOU done lately? Besides sing showtunes in those white Go
> Go boots that is?

> Scot

Oh man...I DONT mean to playa hate!
It's just that you keep going on about this, and
it's SOO ridiculously lame...
where to start?.....where to start?....
The harmonica player?....that doesn't make you squirm?
Astonished...no....Flabbergasted!

DGDevin

Mar 25, 2008, 8:11:53 PM3/25/08
volkfolk wrote:

>> I'm sorta confused...did you guys video tape this
>> in the hope of getting gigs?
>
> So what have YOU done lately?

I guessed you missed his recent HBO special, "Same Old Jokes But Still No
Cover Charge: A Sweetbreads Retrospective."

Sweetbread's bits are like McDonalds, it's never going to get any better but
at least you know just what you're going to get.

Dave Kelly

Mar 25, 2008, 8:37:25 PM3/25/08

"DGDoofus" <dgd...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> I guessed you missed his recent HBO special, "Same Old Jokes But Still No
> Cover Charge: A Sweetbreads Retrospective."
>
> Sweetbread's bits are like McDonalds, it's never going to get any better
> but

Crazy as this sounds, I'm starting to warm up to you, Doof!
sure, comedy isn't your forte...as the above post makes painfully
clear...but there's something about you that makes me...oh...smile!
<Blushes>

volkfolk

Mar 25, 2008, 9:25:32 PM3/25/08
On Mar 25, 6:52 pm, "Dave Kelly" <sweet...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> "volkfolk" <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > So what have YOU done lately? Besides sing showtunes in those white Go
> > Go boots that is?
> > Scot
>
> Oh man...I DONT mean to playa hate!
> It's just that you keep going on about this, and
> it's SOO ridiculously lame...
> where to start?.....where to start?....
> The harmonica player?....that doesn't make you squirm?

Not in the slightest.

> Astonished...no....Flabbergasted!

Those who can't do teach. Those who can't teach critique.

HTH,

Scot

Octopus Ride

Mar 25, 2008, 9:47:20 PM3/25/08

"volkfolk" <volk...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Not in the slightest.

> Astonished...no....Flabbergasted!

Not meant as a critique, more of a joke.

Did you notice what the first related video off to the side was?

Part 1 - Noise Ordinance Amendment, Moscow City Council

Yup, a video of the Moscow City Council debating a noise ordinance! Maybe
you should turn it down a notch.............

OR

volkfolk

Mar 25, 2008, 9:55:38 PM3/25/08
On Mar 25, 9:47 pm, "Octopus Ride" <davk...@bendbroadband.com> wrote:
> "volkfolk" <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> On Mar 25, 6:52 pm, "Dave Kelly" <sweet...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > "volkfolk" <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > > So what have YOU done lately? Besides sing showtunes in those white Go
> > > Go boots that is?
> > > Scot
>
> > Oh man...I DONT mean to playa hate!
> > It's just that you keep going on about this, and
> > it's SOO ridiculously lame...
> > where to start?.....where to start?....
> > The harmonica player?....that doesn't make you squirm?
>
> Not in the slightest.
>
> > Astonished...no....Flabbergasted!
>
> Those who can't do teach. Those who can't teach critique.
>
> ***************************************************************************­********

> Not meant as a critique, more of a joke.

> Did you notice what the first related video off to the side was?
>
> Part 1 - Noise Ordinance Amendment, Moscow City Council
>
> Yup, a video of the Moscow City Council debating a noise ordinance!  Maybe
> you should turn it down a notch.............
>
> OR

Yeah, I did notice that. I don't know how the videos are organized,
but I thought it was a rather odd collection of videos

Scot

DGDevin

Mar 25, 2008, 10:09:30 PM3/25/08
Dave Kelly wrote:

> Crazy as this sounds, I'm starting to warm up to you, Doof!
> sure, comedy isn't your forte...as the above post makes painfully
> clear...but there's something about you that makes me...oh...smile!
> <Blushes>

Hey, got you off discussin' yo bidness in de mock ebonix, that's something
at least.
<wretches>

Neil X.

Mar 25, 2008, 10:50:29 PM3/25/08
On Mar 25, 5:05 pm, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:

Have you ever considered becoming an instrumental band?

Peace,
Neil X.

Seth Buttock

Mar 25, 2008, 10:53:56 PM3/25/08

Ok, you regularly advertise your band here, post links, music, and now
a video. You posted it saying you wanted feedback. You got some, and
this is your response? Hate to break it to you, that tune was not all
that good. It sounded like a million other bar bands in small towns.
Glad you enjoy playing your music, that's great! Gonna post it
repeatedly to the internet and ask for feedback? Get ready to hear
some criticism, cause that band was seriously mediocre.
In the words of Simon Cowell, "That was...awful! I felt like I was in
a cinder block tavern in Peshtigo Wisconsin or something. I mean, the
harmonica was like a dying animal of some sort for god's sake, and the
band had as much charisma as a group of paint salesman, not to mention
the obvious lack of any real, exciting, interesting musical ideas.
Boring, boring, boring."

HTH

volkfolk

Mar 25, 2008, 11:08:20 PM3/25/08
> HTH- Hide quoted text -

Dude,

If you think that I take Sweetbac seriously one way or another you
really necd to get over yourself. I don't think that were anything
more than what we are. We have fun, and that's all I really care
about. I EXPECT Sweetbac to say exactly what he said.

So far as your opinion. Sorry we're not your cup of tea. The audience
had fun, and so did we

Scot

volkfolk

Mar 25, 2008, 11:09:56 PM3/25/08

And your opinion is about what I would expect from someone with the
name Buttock

Scot

Dave Kelly

Mar 25, 2008, 11:25:16 PM3/25/08

> Hey, got you off discussin' yo bidness in de mock ebonix, that's something
> at least.
> <wretches>

<Blushes>

JerseyMike

Mar 25, 2008, 11:35:33 PM3/25/08
On Mar 25, 6:26 pm, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> LOL. It's a classic Irish bar in Boston. I was pleasantly surprised to
> find that they
>
> A) Had an actual stage
> B) Had ANY lights at all
>
> Scot

The last time I was in Boston I got drunk at the "Cheers" pub. I was
pleasantly surpised to find that

A) My girlfriend liked to drive 90 mph in the pouring rain.
B) I actually made it home alive.

Definitely more cowbell.

Cheers

The Iron Muffin

Mar 26, 2008, 12:35:00 AM3/26/08
volkfolk wrote:

#I laughed...I cried...it was better than The Last Waltz.#

You guys have a good sound.. That's a great song, played with
style and enthusiasm. It shows both excellent taste in material
and an abundance of talent.

Well done.

--
The Iron Muffin

DEAD FREAKS UNITE

Who are you? Where are you?

How are you?

The Iron Muffin

Mar 26, 2008, 12:39:06 AM3/26/08
Neil X. wrote:
> volkfolk wrote:

> > We've got our first video up from our gig at The Beachcomber. I'd
> > really love some feedback on this.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2BlFOvacdc
>

> Have you ever considered becoming an instrumental band?

Turn up that guy with the electric guitar.

shimmy

Mar 26, 2008, 12:43:27 AM3/26/08
On Mar 25, 9:39 pm, "The Iron Muffin" <You must ask me for my email

address.> wrote:

> Turn up that guy with the electric guitar.

And turn down the lights!

volkfolk

Mar 26, 2008, 6:12:54 AM3/26/08

No but we have considered doing nothing but Dylan and Phil Lesh
covers.......

Scot

TNKev

Mar 26, 2008, 9:57:59 AM3/26/08
volkfolk wrote:
> We've got our first video up from our gig at The Beachcomber. I'd
> really love some feedback on this.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2BlFOvacdc
>
> Scot

ROCKS! I like it,looks like y'all were havin' a good time! :-D

Randy G

Mar 26, 2008, 11:10:22 AM3/26/08
Well, I can't play, teach, or even critique.
I like the song, so I enjoyed it. Not that I get out much though.

I would definitely enjoy it if I was at the bar that night, but
wouldn't go there to see them particularly.

I agree, the harmonica needs work. Same with the backup vocalist.
Which one are you? Sorry, I haven't followed the music threads.

But if you're having fun and the crowd is as well, that's all that
matters. If you're looking for a recording contract, that's a
different story.

It's not often I can see someone do Changes, what are some of the
other tunes you guys know?

Either way, it looks like you guys are having fun and can play pretty
good. Does that acoustic guitar guy play acoustic all night? For some
reason to me, it doesn't seem to fit.

Seth Buttock

Mar 26, 2008, 12:59:32 PM3/26/08

You did take him seriously enough to get snippy about getting the
feedback you asked for and din't like.

I don't think that were anything
> more than what we are. We have fun, and that's all I really care
> about. I EXPECT Sweetbac to say exactly what he said.
>
> So far as your opinion. Sorry we're not your cup of tea. The audience
> had fun, and so did we

Good for you and good for them. If you don't "care" about people's
feedback then why did you ask for it? Or did you mean to ask for
"positive feedback"?

> Scot- Hide quoted text -

Seth Buttock

Mar 26, 2008, 1:02:04 PM3/26/08
> Scot- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, you're not taking it all seriously at all. It's bad form to
ask for feedback and then whine and lash out at the feedback you don't
like. I'll pass on your concerns at the next Buttock family reunion,
genius.

TNKev

Mar 26, 2008, 1:45:30 PM3/26/08

feedback is one thing and insults are another.

> I'll pass on your concerns at the next Buttock family reunion,
> genius.

there was a Buttock reunion in my bathroom this morning! HAHAHA!

Carlisle

Mar 26, 2008, 2:24:45 PM3/26/08
On Mar 25, 5:05 pm, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> We've got our first video up from our gig at The Beachcomber. I'd
> really love some feedback on this.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2BlFOvacdc
>
> Scot

Scot, I think you guys should consider a female singer, one that also
could utililize a tamborine. Donna Jean is still doing her thing.
JamBase says "no current shows scheduled for this artist". It's not
out of the realm of possibility. And she could kick you all up to
satellite radio kind of exposure.
http://www.jambase.com/Artists/Artist.aspx?artistID=30700

~

JerseyMike

Mar 26, 2008, 4:04:31 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 2:24 pm, Carlisle <carrie-...@insightbb.com> wrote:

> Scot, I think you guys should consider a female singer, one that also
> could utililize a tamborine. Donna Jean is still doing her thing.
> JamBase says "no current shows scheduled for this artist". It's not
> out of the realm of possibility. And she could kick you all up to
> satellite radio kind of exposure.http://www.jambase.com/Artists/Artist.aspx?artistID=30700
>
> ~

LOL. Yeah..I'm sure Donna and Scot's agent are working out the details
of this collaboration behind the scenes. A female lead singer doing
Dead and Dylan covers might be refreshing. Good idea!

Cheers

volkfolk

Mar 26, 2008, 5:07:59 PM3/26/08

No what I asked for was feedback, not dickhead insulting feedback. If
I wanted that I would have emailed it to Simon Cowl. I'm all for
constructive critiques. Hearing that you thought it sucked isn't
constructive, it's just insulting.

Yeah we're a bar band. We're lucky if we get to rehearse more than
once a week. That song wasn't rehearsed at all. It was done for Buddy
Miles who had died that day.

So far as Dave Kelly, he's one of the most consistently funny people
on this ng, I expected exactly what I got from him. Go check his
posting history regarding pretty much anything and my responses to
him. So while you might think that my response to him was whining, it
was actually just giving him some shit back. (Hence the White Go Go
Boots comment-if you actually read this NG on a regular basis you
might even get the joke)

Anyway, as I point out early, Buttock would seem to be a perfect name
for you.

HTH

Scot

Seth Buttock

Mar 26, 2008, 5:43:48 PM3/26/08

HTH,

Scot "

I was just pointing out the irony of such a response from someone
requesting feedback; whilst also taking one for the team and pointing
out what many readers are thinking when they see yet another post
looking for attention for your band. I realize you have a need for
the praise, and I am so terribly sorry I couldn't provide it. Here's
some constructive criticism: continue having fun with your band,
playing music is fun. Your band is mediocre. Asking for feedback on
the internet and posting myspace links for a mediocre band is going to
result in people who are Buttocks giving you dickhead insulting
feedback. That is the nature of the internet. Develop a thicker skin
and stop whining, or stop asking for feeback and using the internet to
blog about your music career.

Pre-emptive freedom of speech argument rebuttal : No, I'm not saying
you don't have a right to post what you want, that all of rmgd isn't
your close personal friends, that I'm not an asshole. I'm just
sayin'.....

HTH, IAAMBBATMPWYPII, Arguing on the internet special olympics blah
blah, blah, NTTAWWT, You're a fuckin' moron, Iceland, mules,
jizzmoppers, etc. etc. etc.

Ken Fortenberry

Mar 26, 2008, 5:49:28 PM3/26/08
volkfolk wrote:

> No what I asked for was feedback, not dickhead insulting feedback. If
> I wanted that I would have emailed it to Simon Cowl. I'm all for
> constructive critiques. Hearing that you thought it sucked isn't
> constructive, it's just insulting.

You ask for feedback, you got some and now you want to whine
about it ? If you want a professional evaluation of your band
send a tape to a professional and pay the fee. If you want
free feedback from Usenet don't whine about it when you get
what you pay for.

If I walked into a bar and that band was playing I'd turn
around on my heel and get the hell out of Dodge. So sorry if
that's not "constructive" enough for you. Oh, wait just a sec.
Tune your guitars *before* you start to play. There, that was
me being "constructive".

HTH

--
Ken Fortenberry

Rogues Island's finest

Mar 26, 2008, 6:08:04 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 5:49 pm, Ken Fortenberry

Well, I think this is going very well so far.

Mark

LP

Mar 26, 2008, 6:12:36 PM3/26/08

Was that Trey Anastasio with the Stratocaster?
He roolz.

LP

volkfolk

Mar 26, 2008, 6:22:26 PM3/26/08

Whatever. What do you want from me, consistency?

> whilst also taking one for the team and pointing
> out what many readers are thinking when they see yet another post
> looking for attention for your band.  I realize you have a need for
> the praise,

Whch makes me pretty much like every other person who has ever gotten
up on a stage and done any kind of performance. Thanks for
enlightening me about something that I am already aware of.

> and I am so terribly sorry I couldn't provide it.  Here's
> some constructive criticism: continue having fun with your band,
> playing music is fun.  Your band is mediocre.  Asking for feedback on
> the internet and posting myspace links for a mediocre band is going to
> result in people who are Buttocks giving you dickhead insulting
> feedback.  That is the nature of the internet.  Develop a thicker skin
> and stop whining, or stop asking for feeback and using the internet to
> blog about your music career.

My skin is plenty thick. I've dealt with far more insulting things
than the worst you can toss at me

HTH,

Scot

Seth Buttock

Mar 26, 2008, 6:33:36 PM3/26/08

And you do it with such aplomb and grace.

Octopus Ride

Mar 26, 2008, 6:48:30 PM3/26/08

"Rogues Island's finest" <mth...@cox.net> wrote in message

> Well, I think this is going very well so far.

I know I'll never be posting nude photos of myself here.

OR

Brad Greer

Mar 26, 2008, 6:49:15 PM3/26/08

I think we're all glad to hear that.

volkfolk

Mar 26, 2008, 6:52:49 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 11:10 am, Randy G <rangri...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, I can't play, teach, or even critique.
> I like the song, so I enjoyed it. Not that I get out much though.

Cool, That's all I could ever hope for.

> I would definitely enjoy it if I was at the bar that night, but
> wouldn't go there to see them particularly.
>
> I agree, the harmonica needs work. Same with the backup vocalist.
> Which one are you? Sorry, I haven't followed the music threads.

I'm the one with the Strat.

> But if you're having fun and the crowd is as well, that's all that
> matters. If you're looking for a recording contract, that's a
> different story.

It's a nice pipe dream, but I am certainly a realist. I have no
illusions about any recording contracts or being a rock star. I'd be
happy to play out a couple of nights a week, or to be in a working
General Business band.

> It's not often I can see someone do Changes, what are some of the
> other tunes you guys know?

Buddy Miles had died that morning, we did it as a last minute off the
cuff, no rehearsal tribute to Buddy.

> Either way, it looks like you guys are having fun and can play pretty
> good. Does that acoustic guitar guy play acoustic all night? For some
> reason to me, it doesn't seem to fit.

Cal is my best friend. He drives an 18 wheeler cross country. He and I
have been playing together for over 20 years. He's also a pretty good
songwriter IMO. He's been writing songs for as long as I can remember.
Here is a video of one of his songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHtpkHHs2m8

He paid for me to accompany him to Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch, and in
turn I have been doing whatever I can to repay him. Part of repaying
him for his generosity was getting him this gig and putting together a
band to back him up doing a set of his originals. "Changes" and
"Stone Free" were the only two covers that we did that evening. I
taught the band his songs and we did the gig with pretty much no full
band rehearsal. Everything that we played that night was the first
time we had all played together. We videotaped it to document it for
ourselves with the hope that we got something good enough to use for
some sort of promotional purpose

It definitely had it's rough moments. but it was a really fun evening.
Any rough spots come from the fact that the five of us had never all
played together before.
"Them Changes" was a spur of the moment call because of Buddy's
passing

Anyhow, thanks for listening, and thanks for the feedback.

Scot

volkfolk

Mar 26, 2008, 6:55:46 PM3/26/08

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it

Scot

volkfolk

Mar 26, 2008, 6:56:55 PM3/26/08

Sure, just stick the knife in and twist it around........

Scot

Octopus Ride

Mar 26, 2008, 7:33:55 PM3/26/08

"Brad Greer" <jjh1...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

And I had you pegged as one of the few who would appreciate
them................

OR

Randy G

Mar 26, 2008, 9:13:32 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 6:52 pm, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> It's a nice pipe dream, but I am certainly a realist. I have no
> illusions about any recording contracts or being a rock star. I'd be
> happy to play out a couple of nights a week, or to be in a working
> General Business band.

Then you are ahead of a lot of artists - follow what you enjoy. Keep
up the good work. A lot of people are wishing they could be in a band,
but never get the chance.

> Buddy Miles had died that morning, we did it as a last minute off the
> cuff, no rehearsal tribute to Buddy.

I didn't know that was the first time that was played, unrehearsed. I
definitely think it turned out good. I like the guy's video too.

volkfolk

Mar 26, 2008, 11:39:58 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 9:13 pm, Randy G <rangri...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 6:52 pm, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > It's a nice pipe dream, but I am certainly a realist. I have no
> > illusions about any recording contracts or being a rock star. I'd be
> > happy to play out a couple of nights a week, or to be in a working
> > General Business band.
>
> Then you are ahead of a lot of artists - follow what you enjoy. Keep
> up the good work. A lot of people are wishing they could be in a band,
> but never get the chance.

I shelved even thinking about it for almost 20 years. It's tough to be
a Dad and a gigging musician. My son is in College now, and I don't
have to be "Dad" anymore. Now it's more like we are just buddies. He's
a great guy and he was worth putting my dreams on hold for.

> > Buddy Miles had died that morning, we did it as a last minute off the
> > cuff, no rehearsal tribute to Buddy.
>
> I didn't know that was the first time that was played, unrehearsed. I
> definitely think it turned out good. I like the guy's video too.

I'll let Cal know you liked it.

Scot

Lfh

Mar 27, 2008, 3:02:12 AM3/27/08
On Mar 26, 2:52 pm, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> It definitely had it's rough moments. but it was a really fun evening.
> Any rough spots come from the fact that the five of us had never all
> played together before.
> "Them Changes" was a spur of the moment call because of Buddy's
> passing

Uh, not to put too fine a point on it, what the fuck were you
thinking, Scot?

Given all the fuss and build up you gave this particular gig around
here--announcing the ad for extras, saying you were going to use it
for promotion, and encouraging folks here to stop by, one would assume
that you would post your best stuff, and not this clip.

Why would you invite folks to give you feedback on a song you guys had
never rehearsed before without even mentioning that little detail?

Instead of putting your best foot forward, it's like you were begging
to get strafed instead of stroked.

Fred

volkfolk

Mar 27, 2008, 7:19:16 AM3/27/08
On Mar 27, 3:02 am, Lfh <onetaste2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2:52 pm, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > It definitely had it's rough moments. but it was a really fun evening.
> > Any rough spots come from the fact that the five of us had never all
> > played together before.
> > "Them Changes" was a spur of the moment call because of Buddy's
> > passing
>
> Uh, not to put too fine a point on it, what the fuck were you
> thinking, Scot?

That I wanted to share something that I was excited about

> Given all the fuss and build up you gave this particular gig around
> here--announcing the ad for extras, saying you were going to use it
> for promotion, and encouraging folks here to stop by, one would assume
> that you would post your best stuff, and not this clip.

It's the first thing that I had. Currently it's the ONLY clip that I
have. The video is still being edited.

> Why would you invite folks to give you feedback on a song you guys had
> never rehearsed before without even mentioning that little detail?

Because I didn't think that it was all that relevant. I didn't even
post it, the video editor did. I just wanted to get peoples reaction
to it. And for the most part I got postive reactions to it

> Instead of putting your best foot forward, it's like you were begging
> to get strafed instead of stroked.

It's the first clip that was done. I was excited about it. Sorry that
you don't share my excitment . Whatever. for the most part I've had
good feedback on it. It's not like I'm asking anybody to pay for it,
or releasing it as a single or anything other than sharing with
people. I KNEW what DK would say about it. Despite what Seth posted, I
laughed DK's posts. I'm hardly surprised that there are folks here
who think that it sucks. But a lot of people don't think that it
sucks. And I did get constructive feedback on it, not just morons like
Dingleberry and Buttock who seem to delight in being nasty for nasty's
sake. They're certainly entitled to whatever opinion that they want to
express, but I am also free to form opinions about them based on how
they express their opinion as well

Oh well that's life in the big city isn't it? All things being equal,
I would post it again, I'm not ashamed or embarassed by the video. I
will continue to post my music here and continue to do exactly what I
have been doing.

And if people don't like it they can continue to hang adjectives like
mediocre around it.
There are many people who read and post here whose opinons I value,
and then there are those whose opinions I give the grein of salt that
they deserve.

As I have said before I have a thick skin. so bring on the slings and
arrows if you must.
But while I have spent a lot of time talking about my music here, I
don't ever recall doing anything except sharing my enthusiam about it,
and trying to make people smile and share my enthusiam, so I confess
that I am more than a little confused about the nastiness that some
folks seemed to direct my way regarding it

As I said before. I guess that's life in the big city

Scot

dwolf

Mar 27, 2008, 9:23:40 AM3/27/08