[LH] At last a break through

angelac...@hotmail.com

May 8, 2013, 5:41:24 PM5/8/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AWy_IPo_5h0
this is the best thing she's done yet, it does sound alot like Britney but
Marinas own definate style well done. I really like the breath in the
middle I hate having those breaths gated out:

I'm Electra, I'm Electra Heart
Only living, living in the dark
Lights they blind me.
Can we go back, go back to the stars?
Where the holy father made his mark?
Lights they blind me
Can we go back?
Lights they blind me

Blind me
Go Forward
reprogramme the start
There's nothing back there
The pain adjusts the light
to find the way out
His lights they blind me.
I dont want to go back
His mark redesigns me.
I cant go back

Douglas Alan

May 8, 2013, 7:25:45 PM5/8/13
Cool!

Hey, Angela, sometimes now you're more on top of the latest Marina trivia
than I am!

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM, <angelac...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AWy_IPo_5h0
> this is the best thing she's done yet, it does sound alot like Britney but
> Marinas own definate style well done. I really like the breath in the
> middle I hate having those breaths gated out:

angelac...@hotmail.com

May 9, 2013, 3:11:40 PM5/9/13
Yes and I still dont know that much about her or all her songs or some all
the way through. The second "verse" is not strictly a lyric and its not by
Marina btw! Marina can use my lyrics for free though if she likes. But I'd
rather wait to get them from her.
I did read that when she was at school studying she used to get up at 2am
and study through to 7am. I like her work ethic, she is hardcore! I would
live to know more about her explaining how she sees music in colours, if
she writes that way aswell. Perhaps these are the lights that blind her?
Angela

Douglas Alan

May 9, 2013, 4:21:11 PM5/9/13
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM, <angelac...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I did read that when she was at school studying she used to get up at 2amand study through to
> 7am. I like her work ethic, she is hardcore!

Indeed she is. She's been touring non-stop for the last year for this
album. She's taken a lesson form the Tori Amos handbook on how to gain fame
and fortune. But, in general, from what I've gathered, she's had inhuman
drive to succeed in music since she was about 19.

> I would live to know more about her explaining how she sees music in
> colours, if she writes that way aswell. Perhaps these are the lights that
> blind her?

She associates everything with colors, even days of the week. Each day has
a different color for her. But she says that it's more of a feeling than an
actual visual hallucination. I'm sure that her synesthesia must have
something to do with her being so creative and prolific, though. E.g., she
wrote and recorded 22 songs just for Electra Heart. Imagine Kate writing
and recording 22 songs in one year! One can only dream. Though I guess Kate
did stuff like that back when she was a teenager....

|>oug

angelac...@hotmail.com

May 10, 2013, 3:19:28 AM5/10/13

On Thursday, 9 May 2013 20:44:28 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:

> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 3:11 PM, <angelac...@hotmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
>
>> I did read that when she was at school studying she used to get up at 2amand study through to
>> 7am. I like her work ethic, she is hardcore!
>>

> Indeed she is. She's been touring non-stop for the last year for this
> album. She's taken a lesson form the Tori Amos handbook on how to gain fame
> and fortune. But, in general, from what I've gathered, she's had inhuman
> drive to succeed in music since she was about 19.

Yes she does have the drive to cope with such demands, some people are
> tailor made for such things in life, and their life has set them up for it
> since birth. The Tori Amos book I's steer clear of though unless she wants
> her career to take a nose dive into emo obscurity. Tori amos is way too old
> in her ideas and outlook shes old skool touring, reinvent yourself, get
> older, get worse as time goes on to gain fame and fortune.And too much can
> make an artist boring, and overstaturation. I hope Marina takes it slow (by
> her speed) but succeeds and improves. Her tatics are fine as they are,
> quite refreshing even that she doesnt seem to care, but obviously realises
> shes always been too old to be the next Britney spears overnight sensation,
> or Madonna. Those days are long gone with so much instant access to
> artists, they dont have the same suspense to feed off to make such
> megastars anymore, epspecially with X factor watering the mystique of it
> down. Up coming artists are thought of has power crazed, robots driven to
> succeed by numbers, thats what the publc expect from them aswell for their
> money and time. I'd think being a pop overnight sensation is not so much
> every young persons dream anymore and luckily the intternet has taken away
> those days of artists raking in the money from albums. Some perks of the
> job unfortunately have come full circle alot of greedy artists expect
> things wouldnt change though and dont know how to adapt to it, it iss
> fasciating to see them get angry, that they got sucked after their " career
> plan" is failing.
>

>> I would live to know more about her explaining how she sees music in
>> colours, if she writes that way aswell. Perhaps these are the lights that
>> blind her?
>>

> She associates everything with colors, even days of the week. Each day has
> a different color for her. But she says that it's more of a feeling than an
> actual visual hallucination. I'm sure that her synesthesia must have
> something to do with her being so creative and prolific, though. E.g., she
> wrote and recorded 22 songs just for Electra Heart. Imagine Kate writing
> and recording 22 songs in one year! One can only dream. Though I guess Kate
> did stuff like that back when she was a teenager....

Well I associacte colours with lots of thing I wouldnt call myself
synesthsic though. Colours like any other pattern or association you attach
to something as a key or by a feeling I expect alot of people do but dont
realise it. Colours can guide you through certain things for instance if
you follow them like doorways in a maze and they make you feel a certian
way.
Kate I assume has different work ethic and priorities at her age and
career. Although 2 albums in one year, a new record label, and she sorted
out her record deal and management from the start is a good place to be. No
arguements over having to wear a wig and heart on her cheek there. No-one
would even dream of asking such a thing of Kate the respect she gains. One
thing that does set Marina out from the masses is she keeps closley in
touch with her fans, (a tatic I hate to draw attention to, or the other
similar all of a sudden sincere artists will do the same if they see its
working) That I like alot.