[LH] Re: Love-Hounds Digest, Vol 41, Issue 6

Ted Jacobs

Jun 17, 2006, 10:44:31 PM6/17/06

> Not only that, but OS X is the official OS of Kate Bush fans everywhere.
> You can determine this via a careful symbolic interpretation of "There
> Goes a Tenner". (Hint: do you think it any coincidence that "X" stands
> for ten, which is mentioned in the title of the song?)

Macs are for those who don't want to know why their computer works.

Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

DOS is for those who want to know why their computer doesn't work.

Windows is for those who don't want to know why their computer doesn't
work.

pDale

Jun 17, 2006, 11:10:21 PM6/17/06
On 6/17/06, Ted Jacobs <tja...@princeton.edu> wrote:

> Macs are for those who don't want to know why their computer works.
>
> Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.
>
> DOS is for those who want to know why their computer doesn't work.
>
> Windows is for those who don't want to know why their computer doesn't
> work.

Nice! Is that yours?

---
pDaleC
I wouldn't mind being a perfectionist,
if that were my only flaw.

Douglas Alan

Jun 18, 2006, 1:07:38 PM6/18/06
Ted Jacobs <tja...@Princeton.EDU> wrote:

> Macs are for those who don't want to know why their computer works.

> Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Those descriptions are great. But with Linux I got very tired of
knowing why my wifi card didn't work, and via the magic of Fink and
Darwin Ports, I just turn my Mac into a Linux box (actually a
Mach/FreeBSD box, but same difference) with working wifi. Now I'm very
happy NOT to know why my wifi card works.

The Mac thing of only being able to resize windows from the lower right
corner, and the click-to-focus thing is going to kill me though....

|>oug

P.S. What are you doing at Princeton? Or are you just jealous that I'm
now working for the Evil Crimson Empire?