[LH] KT symbol

Douglas Alan

Apr 9, 2013, 12:46:06 AM4/9/13
Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on *50 Words for Snow*
and *Director's
Cut*?

|>oug

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 5:49:41 AM4/9/13
On Directors Cut it is one of the header roll off/cue numbers KT IX where
the film rolls over in the centre, or if you count the number along from
the bottom end VI, VII etc you'll come to it. However this is not a roll of
cinema film you cant see the timecode which is usually raised and the sound
strip along the edge. I think this is just a slice of 35mm photography
film. There are many types so I wonder what film it is its not centred like
wide screen cinema scope more

50WFS I'm not sure what I can see isnt clear and its feint and small, not
what my instincts are telling me it is, which is very large, inside out
almost as if 3D if you looked at if as if an optical illusion.Something
strange like the shape of the whole snowman and girl? However I found
about 3 possible ones that if one is correct is didnt come out well in the
cd print:
1. in the glowing snowflake over the girls head you can see a blurred K but
not the T bar over it unless its fuzzy, or Kate seperated the T from the K
and put the T in another snowflake.
2. the wrinkle or crease of the snowmans eye
3.on the snowmans arm in the tatoo area but its sideways.
None of these seem like a clear KT symbol and dont feel like one. Hopefully
its on the front cover at least!

Angela

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 7:21:08 AM4/9/13
I suppose the clue was there it is usually found over doorways and its
placed in her songs, how to be invisible, think unside out, doors of the
world of the invisible, misty branches twisted leaves are what you find
over doors. the L of the host etc:

But I found this awesome demo of Why Should I Love You Which I've never
heard before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbP-dapt09Q

On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 10:38:28 UTC+1, Graham Dombkins wrote:

> I looked for it for ages... Please tell me if you find it.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 09/04/2013, at 2:08 PM, Douglas Alan <darkw...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on *50 Words for Snow* and *Director's
> Cut*?
>
> |>oug
>
> --

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 7:31:50 AM4/9/13
to add it sounded more like Prince before he added his version and Kate
remixed it and Kate sounded like Prince singing! It's like very early
Prince the sound. If a cleaner version of this had gone on the Red Shoes or
been released as a single I wonder if the album would have been received
any different? But I like both versions although poles apart. Id have liked
a Prince bassline like Sign of the Times or When Doves Cry and more sparse
Piince sounding.

Angela

Karen Newcombe

Apr 9, 2013, 7:48:42 AM4/9/13
Hey Angela, I think this track was leaked by someone at Prince's studio maybe two or three years ago. The story at the time was that this is the tape Kate sent to Prince to work from. I think it's just brilliant, appeals to me quite a bit more than the album version even though it doesn't have full production.

On Apr 9, 2013, at 7:07 AM, angelac...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I suppose the clue was there it is usually found over doorways and its placed in her songs, how to be invisible, think unside out, doors of the world of the invisible, misty branches twisted leaves are what you find over doors. the L of the host etc:
>
> But I found this awesome demo of Why Should I Love You Which I've never heard before:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbP-dapt09Q
>

> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 10:38:28 UTC+1, Graham Dombkins wrote:
> I looked for it for ages... Please tell me if you find it.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 09/04/2013, at 2:08 PM, Douglas Alan <darkw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on 50 Words for Snow and Director's Cut?

>> --

Graham Dombkins

Apr 9, 2013, 8:22:38 AM4/9/13
I looked for it for ages... Please tell me if you find it.

Sent from my iPad

On 09/04/2013, at 2:08 PM, Douglas Alan <darkw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on 50 Words for Snow and Director's Cut?

pDale

Apr 9, 2013, 8:40:43 AM4/9/13
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM, <angelac...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose the clue was there it is usually found over doorways and its
> placed in her songs, how to be invisible, think unside out, doors of the
> world of the invisible, misty branches twisted leaves are what you find
> over doors. the L of the host etc:
>
> But I found this awesome demo of Why Should I Love You Which I've never
> heard before:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbP-dapt09Q
>
> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 10:38:28 UTC+1, Graham Dombkins wrote:
>
>> I looked for it for ages... Please tell me if you find it.
>>
>> On 09/04/2013, at 2:08 PM, Douglas Alan <darkw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on *50 Words for Snow* and *Director's
>> Cut*?
>> scribe from this group or for more info about it, see
>> http://bit.ly/fYIdVy

Funny reading the WSILY collaboration story again. I was just watching a
few minutes of Purple Rain the other day, in passing. It reminded me how
dedicated Prince was to "the art," that he would allow himself to be seen
as such a [insert whatever here] in service to the story. Especially how
The Kid treated Wendy & Lisa.

BTW, if you don't have _Girl_Bros_, you should be ashamed of yourself.

--
pDale Campbell

Karen Newcombe

Apr 9, 2013, 9:19:26 AM4/9/13
Nope, I never found 50WFS -- besides the ones Angela points out, there are a dozen little blurry blobs in the snow that are maybes, a couple tangles of sticks that look likely. I don't have the vinyl, maybe it would be easier to find it on a larger image.

On Apr 9, 2013, at 5:49 AM, angelac...@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Directors Cut it is one of the header roll off/cue numbers KT IX where the film rolls over in the centre, or if you count the number along from the bottom end VI, VII etc you'll come to it. However this is not a roll of cinema film you cant see the timecode which is usually raised and the sound strip along the edge. I think this is just a slice of 35mm photography film. There are many types so I wonder what film it is its not centred like wide screen cinema scope more
>
> 50WFS I'm not sure what I can see isnt clear and its feint and small, not what my instincts are telling me it is, which is very large, inside out almost as if 3D if you looked at if as if an optical illusion.Something strange like the shape of the whole snowman and girl? However I found about 3 possible ones that if one is correct is didnt come out well in the cd print:
> 1. in the glowing snowflake over the girls head you can see a blurred K but not the T bar over it unless its fuzzy, or Kate seperated the T from the K and put the T in another snowflake.
> 2. the wrinkle or crease of the snowmans eye
> 3.on the snowmans arm in the tatoo area but its sideways.
> None of these seem like a clear KT symbol and dont feel like one. Hopefully its on the front cover at least!
>
> Angela
>

> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 05:08:04 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:
> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on 50 Words for Snow and Director's Cut?

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 11:41:09 AM4/9/13
Yes I missed it unfortunately I knew it was supposed to be different but
never imagined a different set of lyrics also. I wonder why it wasnt put on
Directors Cut updated?

On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 12:48:23 UTC+1, Karen Newcombe wrote:

> Hey Angela, I think this track was leaked by someone at Prince's studio
> maybe two or three years ago. The story at the time was that this is the
> tape Kate sent to Prince to work from. I think it's just brilliant,
> appeals to me quite a bit more than the album version even though it
> doesn't have full production.
>

> <http://www.amazon.com/Achieving-Zero-life-Consulting-Engineering/dp/1480284289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359483439&sr=8-1&keywords=david+f+evans+achieving+zero>
> On Apr 9, 2013, at 7:07 AM, angelac...@hotmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>
> I suppose the clue was there it is usually found over doorways and its
> placed in her songs, how to be invisible, think unside out, doors of the
> world of the invisible, misty branches twisted leaves are what you find
> over doors. the L of the host etc:
>
> But I found this awesome demo of Why Should I Love You Which I've never
> heard before:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbP-dapt09Q
>

> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 10:38:28 UTC+1, Graham Dombkins wrote:
>
>> I looked for it for ages... Please tell me if you find it.
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On 09/04/2013, at 2:08 PM, Douglas Alan <darkw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on *50 Words for Snow* and *Director's
>> Cut*?

>> --
>> --
>>

> --

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 11:42:40 AM4/9/13
I love Purple Rain for that reason he was producing the Time and Appoolsa
and his band and what the film was about the pitfalls of doing anything to
be a star and not selling out. I was heavily into him more than Kate before
I discovered Kate. But stopped at the Emancipation album with me being busy
and the work rate of Prince it was hard to keep up and took an afternoon
just to get through such long albums at a listen. I thought I'd revisit
them in later years when I wanted to listen to something good. I've not
heard the Wendy and Lisa album either. Maybe if Kate re-released WSILY with
a Sign of the Times bassline it would revive his career into the mainstream
he escaped from. Songs have a habit of going full circle like that.

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 12:17:38 PM4/9/13
Yes there are loads of them feint and twisted twigs I think that is
intentional to distract or throw us off the scent very clever, there is
even another clue Kate dressed as a knight on Directors cut with the title
lyric "and sign it with a kiss" then the sword points to a cross
(kiss/heart) on the score. I saw a feint one in the snowmans hand around
the girl or the blanket of snow she wears aswell on his first finger.

On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 12:43:13 UTC+1, Karen Newcombe wrote:

> Nope, I never found 50WFS -- besides the ones Angela points out, there are
> a dozen little blurry blobs in the snow that are maybes, a couple tangles
> of sticks that look likely. I don't have the vinyl, maybe it would be
> easier to find it on a larger image.
>

> <http://www.amazon.com/Achieving-Zero-life-Consulting-Engineering/dp/1480284289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359483439&sr=8-1&keywords=david+f+evans+achieving+zero>
> On Apr 9, 2013, at 5:49 AM, angelac...@hotmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>
> On Directors Cut it is one of the header roll off/cue numbers KT IX where
> the film rolls over in the centre, or if you count the number along from
> the bottom end VI, VII etc you'll come to it. However this is not a roll of
> cinema film you cant see the timecode which is usually raised and the sound
> strip along the edge. I think this is just a slice of 35mm photography
> film. There are many types so I wonder what film it is its not centred like
> wide screen cinema scope more
>
> 50WFS I'm not sure what I can see isnt clear and its feint and small, not
> what my instincts are telling me it is, which is very large, inside out
> almost as if 3D if you looked at if as if an optical illusion.Something
> strange like the shape of the whole snowman and girl? However I found
> about 3 possible ones that if one is correct is didnt come out well in the
> cd print:
> 1. in the glowing snowflake over the girls head you can see a blurred K
> but not the T bar over it unless its fuzzy, or Kate seperated the T from
> the K and put the T in another snowflake.
> 2. the wrinkle or crease of the snowmans eye
> 3.on the snowmans arm in the tatoo area but its sideways.
> None of these seem like a clear KT symbol and dont feel like one.
> Hopefully its on the front cover at least!
>
> Angela
>

> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 05:08:04 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:
>
>> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on *50 Words for Snow* and *Director's
>> Cut*?

> --

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 12:26:45 PM4/9/13
I found it its their kiss on her top lip sort of 3D ahh thats so sweet and
awesome!

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 2:43:39 PM4/9/13
I was always drawn to the zits or I think they are 3 snowflakes on the
snowmans face that are falling or its something under the snow, its looks
more like moon dust to me aswell.
On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 12:09:06 UTC+1, Ulrich Grepel wrote:

> HAH! that's what I just saw as well. Prior to you mentioning it (or at
> least me reading it)
>
> Explains the funny lip/mouth shapes of the couple... 8-)
>
> Uli
>
> Am 09.04.2013 11:53, schrieb angelac...@hotmail.com <javascript:>:
>
> I found it its their kiss on her top lip sort of 3D ahh thats so sweet and
> awesome!
>
> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 05:08:04 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:
>
>> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on *50 Words for Snow* and *Director's
>> Cut*?

>> --

Ulrich Grepel

Apr 9, 2013, 6:15:22 PM4/9/13
HAH! that's what I just saw as well. Prior to you mentioning it (or at
least me reading it)

Explains the funny lip/mouth shapes of the couple... 8-)

Uli

Am 09.04.2013 11:53, schrieb angelac...@hotmail.com:
> I found it its their kiss on her top lip sort of 3D ahh thats so sweet
> and awesome!
>
> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 05:08:04 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:
>
> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on /50 Words for
> Snow/ and /Director's Cut/?

Karen Newcombe

Apr 10, 2013, 11:25:35 AM4/10/13
Isn't it traditional to use little pieces of coal to make the snowman's smile? That's what I thought these were.

On Apr 9, 2013, at 2:43 PM, angelac...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I was always drawn to the zits or I think they are 3 snowflakes on the snowmans face that are falling or its something under the snow, its looks more like moon dust to me aswell.
> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 12:09:06 UTC+1, Ulrich Grepel wrote:
> HAH! that's what I just saw as well. Prior to you mentioning it (or at least me reading it)
>
> Explains the funny lip/mouth shapes of the couple... 8-)
>
> Uli
>
> Am 09.04.2013 11:53, schrieb angelac...@hotmail.com:
>> I found it its their kiss on her top lip sort of 3D ahh thats so sweet and awesome!
>>
>> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 05:08:04 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:
>> Hey, does anyone know where the KT symbol is on 50 Words for Snow and Director's Cut?

>> --

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 11, 2013, 3:59:38 PM4/11/13
Yes of course I never thought of that as they where so small but I'd rather
that as the nose is obviously a carrot, and misty has the same row. Thanks
Karen I prefer its a smile!