[LH] Re: Girl power!

angelac...@hotmail.com

Mar 25, 2013, 4:50:54 PM3/25/13
Thanks I've just discovered Supercute I like them alot although perhaps too
far ahead for the current audiences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9hLJZaXJhPc

On Thursday, 14 March 2013 02:05:35 UTC, Douglas Alan wrote:

> I saw Kate Nash last night at The Paradise. She was completely awesome!
> She *shredded*! I always thought of her as kind of an also-ran to Lily
> Allen, but in listening to her old stuff in prep for the concert, I finally
> noticed that her music has a great deal of depth and pathos, unlike Lily
> Allen, who is very good at what she does, but rather superficial. What was
> also interesting about Kate Nash is that she's gone completely punk, when
> until now she was the definition of pop. She's now a one woman punk
> revival! Well, actually, she had a 100% girl band. She played mostly bass
> and she had two female guitarists and a female drummer, and also had a
> feminist charity organization in tow with her. Girl power!
>
> I would have been completely shocked or thought I had gone to the wrong
> concert due to the shift in musical style, except that her new album came
> out about two days before the concert and I had had time to listen to it.
> Thank goodness for Spotify! I wonder if most of the audience knew what they
> were in for. Well, they seemed to enjoy it in any case.
>
> I can't emphasize enough how awesome Ms. Nash was. If she's coming to your
> town, definitely go see her. If I wasn't already completely smitten with
> Kate Bush and Marina Diamandis, I'd no doubt have to become a raving Kate
> Nash fan. But I'm just not that kind of guy. I only have room in my heart
> for two women, and I can't just hand out my heart to a third like a gigalo.
> No, two women should be enough for any man!
>
> |>oug

Douglas Alan

Mar 25, 2013, 8:32:57 PM3/25/13
Unfortunately I only caught the last few songs of the Supercute set, but
they seemed interesting. I wish I had seen their entire set.

Kate Nash also had a lot of nice things to say about them.