[LH] Marina on Conan last night

Douglas Alan

May 9, 2013, 3:49:23 PM5/9/13
Marina performed "Lies" last night on Conan. It's a new version, acousticy,
with a completely new bridge added. It was all I could do not to burst into
tears while watching this at work. (I'm not Emo. No, I swear!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ua6-sOCCMo&feature=youtu.be

|>oug

angelac...@hotmail.com

May 10, 2013, 2:05:37 AM5/10/13
the video has been removed by the user, even the computer icon looks
dismayed! Do you have aonther link?

pDale

May 10, 2013, 9:37:58 AM5/10/13
Searching "Marina conan lies" on youtube seems productive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBOAzPn762Q

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM, <angelac...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> the video has been removed by the user, even the computer icon looks
> dismayed! Do you have aonther link?
>
> On Thursday, 9 May 2013 20:36:39 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:
>
>> Marina performed "Lies" last night on Conan. It's a new version,
>> acousticy, with a completely new bridge added. It was all I could do not to
>> burst into tears while watching this at work. (I'm not Emo. No, I swear!)
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?**v=5Ua6-sOCCMo&feature=youtu.be<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ua6-sOCCMo&feature=youtu.be>

>> --
> --

pDale Campbell

angelac...@hotmail.com

May 10, 2013, 4:21:45 PM5/10/13
.. but one shouldnt confuse that with a slut drop alot of singers do male
and female, by going through the motions. It's sort of the totally opposing
muscles from your heart and very primordal. Shit I would be no good on
X-factor /American Idol explaining this technique!!
On Friday, 10 May 2013 20:31:39 UTC+1, angelac...@hotmail.com wrote:

> ... she could of course double that emotion, by singing from way down in
> her lower abdomen, at the moment I can see it's too emtional for her she
> starts to crack up and her voice break with emotion when she tries to go
> there. I onlt know a few artists that can do this Michael Jackson was one
> and it used to make him almost double over from that death drop kick
> inside. Perhpas in time we'll see a more graceful version of it.
>

> On Friday, 10 May 2013 19:59:19 UTC+1, angelac...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Thanks pDale! She was great, nice shoes. I liked the new bridge alot, it
>> brings the song to a conclusion, and Marina to tears. I like to see a
>> singer who is not afraid to sing and cry at the same time and bare her
>> soul. She was nervous but it gave her vocal runs a sort of Irish
>> traditional feel too.
>>
>> Angela

angelac...@hotmail.com

May 10, 2013, 4:38:46 PM5/10/13