[LH] Marina, back in black!

Douglas Alan

Apr 6, 2013, 10:03:07 PM4/6/13
It's in the can, my labor of love for the past month! Here it is, another
full-concert video of Marina's Lonely Hearts Club Tour. Now she's back in
black!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdtU0HrJYUI%2F

|>oug

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 7, 2013, 5:44:43 PM4/7/13
c'mon reply to Marina dont keep the star waiting darling!

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 7, 2013, 6:15:53 PM4/7/13
I've watched the intro its good but I'll have to watch the rest when I'm
not busy right now I'm tired. Hey do you realise this is the first
conversation we have had in public in 13 years without someone butting in,
bitch challenging or going into some jealous rage or lurking
obessessively pyschotically creepy or what! I think we either wore them
out, or the penny finally dropped. It feels good to breathe normally in my
own space.

On Sunday, 7 April 2013 22:23:52 UTC+1, angelac...@hotmail.com wrote:

> It could be. But I've read some of her tweets I wonder if she pays the
> record co to type such chatter some old fat bloke sitting there with a
> stained vest on with a beer can pretending to be her. I do like that her
> middle name is my favourite drink.
>
> On Sunday, 7 April 2013 22:02:01 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM, <angelac...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> c'mon reply to Marina dont keep the star waiting darling!
>>>

>> Oh, I'm sure that's not really Marina. That's just someone who "borrowed"
>> her name.

angelac...@hotmail.com

Douglas Alan

Apr 7, 2013, 11:21:43 PM4/7/13
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM, <angelac...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> c'mon reply to Marina dont keep the star waiting darling!

Oh, I'm sure that's not really Marina. That's just someone who "borrowed"
her name.

Douglas Alan

Apr 9, 2013, 12:57:10 PM4/9/13
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM, pDale <pda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Excellent work! Any idea how Marina feels about it?

No, I've never had any correspondence with Marina. I doubt she even knows
about it. Also, I'm not sure that one wants to mention to a musician that
you bootlegged their concert!

Why? Do you think that she'd be pissed or pleased?

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 1:48:49 PM4/9/13
I've watched it all now its brilliant well done Doug. The intro was nice it
gave a great feel and atmosphere of the concert I thought the side slide
edit made it look like there were candles in the foyer and the height of
the camera of the queue with their heads out of shoot made you feel like
you where there. However out of 5 camera angles I suppose it was a job to
keep the rear long shot in focus never mind, I'd rather be enjoying the
concert too than behind a camera checking if its in focus. Well done both
of you on the camera work especially in a crowded audience moving about.
Infact some out of focus shots I preferred on the camera stage right, she
looks good in and out of focus!
Marina and the Diamonds where fabulous thats more like it Marina I prefer
this style of dancing its getting there she looks more confident and
relaxed on stage. Her deltoids are fine it was just the one pose she did in
the intro flexing. Even with her voice not well she sounded a vast
improvement. The chord progression in one song turned my head thats a good
sign. It could be the recording, but I think Marina would sound better if
she didnt project her voice out over the mic on the high notes let the mic
do the work much less effort required to sound really amazing from the
electricity frequency of the radio mic. Really its so simple you will laugh
when it happens and the intricatsey she would be afforded to play with in
doing that. It opens up a whole new range out of the orchestra you couldnt
even dream of if even if you thought it was possible. And I liked the
bra/midrif tops outfits she wore too, its a shame the male keyboard player
has gone what happened to him, I like their waistcoats.

I dont know if Marina or any artist would be that bothered nowadays with
you tube with concert footage they are really bootlegs, more fans that
painstakingly wanted to show others how great the band they love are I
think that can only be good!
Angela

pDale

Apr 9, 2013, 2:44:40 PM4/9/13
Excellent work! Any idea how Marina feels about it?

--
pDale Campbell

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 3:31:10 PM4/9/13
That's a great ad, shes supposed to be a croissant? Going past a crossiant
planet I dont see how croissants can fuel a rocket! due to less CO2. I'm
getting tired!
Also I meant "they aren't really bootlegs" also btw

On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 20:07:01 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM, pDale <pda...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
>
>> You're probably right about artists generally not being concerned about
>> bootlegs. I just wondered if she had expressed any position, especially
>> given the amount of work put into compiling it! "That's a nice video you
>> have there.. Hate to see a DMCA get slapped on it."
>

> I've seen no sign of Marina or her management ever taking anything down
> from YouTube. Even demo songs that she has expressed displeasure at having
> been leaked have been on YouTube for ages. The only things that seem to get
> taken down are the occasional TV appearance. But I assume that for these,
> it is whoever owns the TV show who is having them taken down.
>
> YouTube *does* notify me that there is copyrighted material in the
> concert bootlegs I've uploaded, but it also says that there is no problem
> with this. It tells me only that they are going to put commercials on the
> video and send the royalties off to Marina's record company.
>
> |>oug
>
> P.S. Check out this crazy beer commercial that Marina was in:
>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H8JxyKW244&list=PLB6B22A38F32B564E&index=198

pDale

Apr 9, 2013, 4:01:47 PM4/9/13
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM, <angelac...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I dont know if Marina or any artist would be that bothered nowadays with
> you tube with concert footage they are really bootlegs, more fans that
> painstakingly wanted to show others how great the band they love are I
> think that can only be good!
> Angela
>
> On Tuesday, 9 April 2013 17:18:30 UTC+1, Douglas Alan wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM, pDale <pda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Excellent work! Any idea how Marina feels about it?
>>>

>> No, I've never had any correspondence with Marina. I doubt she even knows
>> about it. Also, I'm not sure that one wants to mention to a musician that
>> you bootlegged their concert!
>>
>> Why? Do you think that she'd be pissed or pleased?

You're probably right about artists generally not being concerned about
bootlegs. I just wondered if she had expressed any position, especially
given the amount of work put into compiling it! "That's a nice video you
have there.. Hate to see a DMCA get slapped on it."

--
pDaleC

Douglas Alan

Apr 9, 2013, 4:42:14 PM4/9/13
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM, pDale <pda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're probably right about artists generally not being concerned about
> bootlegs. I just wondered if she had expressed any position, especially
> given the amount of work put into compiling it! "That's a nice video you
> have there.. Hate to see a DMCA get slapped on it."

I've seen no sign of Marina or her management ever taking anything down
from YouTube. Even demo songs that she has expressed displeasure at having
been leaked have been on YouTube for ages. The only things that seem to get
taken down are the occasional TV appearance. But I assume that for these,
it is whoever owns the TV show who is having them taken down.

YouTube *does* notify me that there is copyrighted material in the concert
bootlegs I've uploaded, but it also says that there is no problem with
this. It tells me only that they are going to put commercials on the video
and send the royalties off to Marina's record company.

|>oug

P.S. Check out this crazy beer commercial that Marina was in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H8JxyKW244&list=PLB6B22A38F32B564E&index=198

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 5:50:45 PM4/9/13
What's a DMCA a video takedown I suppose. I thought she had replied on the
you tube comment if its not her perhaps shed be more pissed if someone was
pretending to use her identity. It does seem odd and doesnt sound at all
like her shes not that flamboyant in taking compliments.

Karen Newcombe

Apr 10, 2013, 11:19:31 AM4/10/13
On a somewhat related and unrelated note:

There was an interesting discussion on NPR the other morning about changing attitudes of companies towards bootlegs, unauthorized downloads, etc. They specifically cited the Game of Thrones season opener, which was downloaded over 1 million times within a few hours of first being broadcast. Apparently HBO is one of the few companies that does not see this kind of bootlegging as a negative. They quoted HBO as saying that getting such coverage on international news brings a lot of attention to their programs and is better than advertising -- they couldn't pay a million people to say "I love Game of Thrones so much I'm willing to commit a crime to see it before it airs in my area" and generate that kind of interest in the news.

On Apr 9, 2013, at 3:07 PM, Douglas Alan wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM, pDale <pda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're probably right about artists generally not being concerned about bootlegs. I just wondered if she had expressed any position, especially given the amount of work put into compiling it! "That's a nice video you have there.. Hate to see a DMCA get slapped on it."
>
> I've seen no sign of Marina or her management ever taking anything down from YouTube. Even demo songs that she has expressed displeasure at having been leaked have been on YouTube for ages. The only things that seem to get taken down are the occasional TV appearance. But I assume that for these, it is whoever owns the TV show who is having them taken down.
>
> YouTube does notify me that there is copyrighted material in the concert bootlegs I've uploaded, but it also says that there is no problem with this. It tells me only that they are going to put commercials on the video and send the royalties off to Marina's record company.

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 12, 2013, 3:59:05 PM4/12/13
Well thanks for the full concerts too I've seen 3 of them so far the first
one and the 2 favouties of yours they are great. Her skirt did look like it
was covered in CBE's almost in the acoustic set, which I liked alot
especially the voice she sang the first line of Hollywood.

Also I can understand why she has shown such displeasure at the demos being
leaked, shes certainly the innocent party in it I admire her for saying so.
And the ad she did, perhaps its not a rocket but Marina is dressed as a
quasi-ent payload going past a quasi-ent planet or satellite intersection
for delivery, but due to less co2 I dont get still.

Angela

angelac...@hotmail.com

Apr 12, 2013, 6:30:40 PM4/12/13
I love this 666th topic its extremely interesting. Well perhaps the
hedgehog on the co2 running mat thing is the yield discharged by the TNT
equivalent.
I also am glad Game of Thrones got free advertising and HBO realise that
for its fans.