Mammatapee - Anyone remember them?

Joe Castleman

Jul 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/7/99
Greetings, Comrades!

Does anyone remember a group called Mammatapee? I have an old demo 45
with a song called "Monster Fun" on it (stereo on one side, mono on the
other). I won it at a school fair when I was 10; I guess that was a few
months after the song came out. Was this song (or any other Mammatapee
song) a hit? How high did they chart?

I can't find any information about Mammatapee on the Web, except for a few
sites that have their albums for sale. There isn't an entry in the
Allmusic guide.

Here's what I got from the label on my 45:
"Monster Fun" by Mamatappee
Whitfield Records, item WHI49607 (YCA 9673 VI S)
Written by Mark Kenoly
Produced by Norman Whitfield and Mark Kenoly
From the Whitfield Album WHK 3510 "On The 1"
4 min. 46 sec.

----
Joe Castleman -- jca...@io.com
Gyrofrog Communications -- http://www.io.com/~jcastle
Austin, Texas U.S.A.

ROBBMUSIC

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
yeah i remember them one of the 1st songs i heard with rap,around1980
BIGG ROBB............

Blaise SCHMITTER

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
Sorry Joe
This wasn't a hit. I checked in the Billboard R'n B Singles book and if they
had one it would be there.
The album was good though. If you ever unearth some stuff on the band I'd be
glad to read it as I love what I heard from them. I've only got this album
produced by Norman Whitfield. Did they do more than one album?

Wonder B

Joe Castleman <jca...@io.com> a écrit dans le message :
jcastle-0707...@as2-dialup-164.io.com...

Joe Castleman

Jul 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/8/99
I did a search at Altavista and it onlycame up with four pages:

one was a list of used albums for sale;
the second was a brief history of funk (albeit in Italian) which mentioned
Mammatapee in the context of Norman Whitfield;
the third was a D.J.'s list of records;
and the fourth was a list of band photos for sale.

http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&kl=XX&stype=stext&q=Mammatapee

T.A. Matthew

Jul 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/9/99
Yeah I remember the LP was'nt to fond of it, but I really enjoyed "Monster
fun". The length of that song as I vaguely recall was about maybe around 7 or
8 minutes long. I dont recall anything else by the band other than, Mark
Kenoly's nick name (O B 1 Kenoly).

PeaCe Out, T.A.
/////////////

Joe Castleman wrote:

> Greetings, Comrades!
>
> Does anyone remember a group called Mammatapee? I have an old demo 45
> with a song called "Monster Fun" on it (stereo on one side, mono on the
> other). I won it at a school fair when I was 10; I guess that was a few
> months after the song came out. Was this song (or any other Mammatapee
> song) a hit? How high did they chart?
>
> I can't find any information about Mammatapee on the Web, except for a few
> sites that have their albums for sale. There isn't an entry in the
> Allmusic guide.
>
> Here's what I got from the label on my 45:
> "Monster Fun" by Mamatappee
> Whitfield Records, item WHI49607 (YCA 9673 VI S)
> Written by Mark Kenoly
> Produced by Norman Whitfield and Mark Kenoly
> From the Whitfield Album WHK 3510 "On The 1"
> 4 min. 46 sec.

tombuzb...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2018, 8:42:18 PM4/19/18
Hi there,
Anyone have a vinyl rip of Mammatapee's On The One? Would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Tom