Jam/Lewis Discography - 21 Jun 95

ram...@smtp-gw.spawar.navy.mil

Jun 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/22/95
Drew...

Now that HIStory is out, you may want to update the WWW site...

peace...Doug

PS For serious fans, I have a number of sources for mag articles

The rec.music.funky Jam & Lewis discography -- update 21 Jun 95

Originally compiled by Nobuyoshi Kawagoe
Maintained by Andrew Bulhak <a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
With contributions from:
Doug Ramsay, David Mackay, M...@bitstream.mpls.mn.us (MHz)

If you find any errors/omissions, please mail them to
a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au.

The URL is http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~acb/flyte_tyme.html

James "Jimmy Jam" Harris III & Terry Lewis
... Flyte Tyme Productions
... Perspective Records

1981 The Time / The Time*
1982 The Time / What time is it ?*
1982 Vanity 6 / Vanity 6
1982 The S.O.S. Band / S.O.S. III
1982 Klymaxx / Girls will be girls
1982 Dynasty / Right back at cha !
1983 The S.O.S. Band / On the rise
1983 Gladys Knight & The Pips / Visions
1983 Cheryl Lynn / Preppie
1983 Real To Reel / Can't you treat me like she does ?
1984 Change / Change of heart
1984 Cherrelle / Fragile
1984 The S.O.S. Band / Just the way you like it
1984 Thelma Houston / Qualifying heat
1984 Klymaxx / Meeting in the ladies room
1985 Alexander O'Neal / Alexander O'Neal
1985 Cheryl Lynn / It's gonna be right
1985 Howard Johnson / The Vision
1985 Cherrelle / High Priority
1985 Pattii Austin / Gettin' away with murder
1985 Force M.D.'s / Music from original sound track "KRUSH GROOVE"
1985 Force M.D.'s / Chillin'
1986 Robert Palmer / Riptide (one song "Didn't Mean To Turn You On"
written by Jam & Lewis)
1986 Janet Jackson / Control
1986 The S.O.S. Band / Sands of time
1986 The Human League / Crash
1986 Captain Rapp / Bad times (I can't stand it) [12"]
1987 Herb Alpert / Keep your eye on me
1987 Alexander O'Neal / Hearsay
1987 Patti LaBelle, New Edition
/ Music from original sound track "DRAGNET"
1988 Morris Day / Daydreaming
1988 (Paul Jackson,Jr. / I came to play)
1988 New Edition / Heart break
That's The Way We're Livin' (R. Bell, M. Bivins, R. DeVoe, J.
Gill, R. Tresvant) *
Where It All Started (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
If It Isn't Love (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
N.E. Heartbreak (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Crucial (Garry Johnson, Lisa Keith)
You're Not My Kind Of Girl (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Superlady (R. Bell, M. Bivins, R. DeVoe, J. Gill, R. Tresvant) *
Can You Stand The Rain (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Competition (Ralph Tresvant)
I'm Comin' Home (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Boys To Men (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
1988 George Micheal / Monkey [12"] (from album "Faith")
1988 Cherrelle / Affair
1988 Alexande O'Neal / My gift to you
1988 (Alexander O'Neal / Hearsay all mixed up)
1989 Pia Zadora / When the lights go out
1989 Janet Jackson / Rhythm Nation 1814
Rhythm Nation (Janet Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
State of the World (Janet Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
The Knowledge (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Miss You Much (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Love Will Never Do (Without You) (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Livin' In A World (They Didn't Make) (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Alright (Janet Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Escapade (Janet Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Black Cat (Janet Jackson)
Lonely (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Come Back To Me (Janet Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Someday Is Tonight (Janet Jackson, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
1989 Rhonda Clark / Between friends
Does That Make A Man (H. R. Davis)
State of Attraction (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
I Love Your Body (M. Smettler, H. R. Davis)
Instant Attitude (S. Simms, A. Johnson)
The Way You Are (G. Johnson)
Sugar (Sid Chaney, Phil Wright)*
Stay Here, Stay Near (J. Greer, D. Eiland, H. R. Davis)
Between Friends (C. Howard, J. Dean)*
You're My Everything (duet w. Chuck Howard) (C. Howard)*
No Matter How (C. Howard, J. Dean)*
Stay (reprise) (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
1990 Micheal Jeffries / Micheal Jeffries
1990 Jane Child / Welcome to the Real World [12"]
1990 Johnny Gill / Johnny Gill
1990 The Time / Pandemonium
1990 Ralph Tresvant / Ralph Tresvant
1990 (Lance Ellington / Pleasure and pain)
1991 (George Howard / Love and understanding)
1991 Alexander O'Neal / All true man
1991 Sounds Of Blackness / The evolution of gospel
1991 Mint Condition / Meant to be mint
1991 Karyn White / Ritual of love
1992 Various artists / Music from original sound track "mo' money"
Mo' Money Groove - Mo' Money Allstars (James Harris II, Terry Lewis,
James Brown, Lynne Collins)
The Best Things In Life Are Free - Luther Vandross and Janet Jackson
with special guests BBD and Ralph Tresvant (James Harris III,
Terry Lewis, Ralph Tresvant, Michael Bivins, Ronnie DeVoe)
Ice Cream Dream - MC Lyte (James Harris III, Terry Lewis, Lana Moorer)
Let's Just Run Away - Johnny Gill (Lance Alexander, Tony Tolbert,
James Harris III, Terry Lewis, George Duke)
I Adore You - Caron Wheeler (James Harris III, Terry Lewis,
Caron Wheeler)
Get Off My Back - Public Enemy featuring Flavor Flav (James Boxley,
Keith Boxley, Gary Rinaldo, William Drayton) *
Forever Love - Color Me Badd (Mark Calderon, Sam Watters,
Kevin Thornton, Bryan Abrams, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Money Can't Buy You Love - Ralph Tresvant (James Harris III,
Terry Lewis, Ralph Tresvant)
Let's Get Together (So Groovy Now) - Krush (James Harris III,
Terry Lewis, Tony Tolbert, Jim Post)
Joy - Sounds Of Blackness (Lance Alexander, Tony Tolbert)
The New Style - Jam & Lewis (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
A Job Ain't Nuthin' But Work - Big Daddy Kane with special guests
Lo-Key? (Lance Alexander, Toney Tolbert, James Harris III,
Terry Lewis, Darron Story, Antonio Hardy)
My Dear - Mint Condition (James Harris III, Terry Lewis,
Ricky Kinchen, Homer O'Dell, Stokley Williams, Jeffrey Allen,
Keri Lewis, Larry Waddell)
Brother Will - The Harlem Yacht Club (Garry Johnson, Mark Haynes,
Frank Stribbling, James Harris III, Terry Lewis)

1992 Lo-key? / Where dey at?
1992 Sounds Of Blackness / The night before Christmas ... a musical fantasy

1993 Alexander O'Neal / ? (coming soon.)
1993 Janet Jackson / janet
1993 Johnny Gill / Provocative
The Floor (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Provocative (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Where No Man Has Gone Before (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
I Got You (Nathan Morris, Shawn Stockman, Wanya Morris) *
A Cute, Sweet, Love Addiction (James Harris III, Terry Lewis)
Long Way From Home (L. A. Reid, Babyface, Daryl Simmons) *
Tell Me How You Want It (Daryl Simmons, Babyface) *
Mastersuite (James Harris III, Terry Lewis, James T. Smith,
Johnny Gill)
Quiet Time To Play (James Harris III, Terry Lewis, McKinley Horton)
I Know Where I Stand (James Harris III, Terry Lewis, Billy
Steele, Karyn White)
There U Go (Babyface, L. A. Reid, Daryl Simmons) *
Let's Just Run Away (Lance Alexander, Tony Tolbert, James Harris III,
Terry Lewis, George Duke)
1993 Ralph Tresvant / It's Goin' Down
1993 Lisa Keith / Walkin' In The Sun
1993 Mint Condition / From The Mint Factory
1993 Bobby Ross Avila / My Destiny
1993 Color Me Badd / Time and Chance (?)
1993 Alexander O'Neal / Love Makes No Sense
1994 Sounds Of Blackness/Africa To America: The Journey Of The Drum
1994 Karyn White/Make Him Do Right
1994 Lo-Key?/Back To Da Howse
1994 Raja-Nee'/Hot & Ready
1994 Barry White / The Icon Is Love
1994 Gladys Knight / Reflections (?)
1994 Patti LaBelle / Gems
1995 Michael/Janet Jackson duet, "Scream" on MJ's 'HIStory' greatest hits album

coming in '95:
Mario Van Peebles "Panther" film soundtrack
New Edition reunion
Jamecia Bennett (member of SOB and hitting now with "Rodeo Style" from
Jason's Lyric sndtrk)

? Krush / ?
? Kings English / ?
? The Flow / ?
? Flavor Flav / ?

Songs marked with an asterisk are not produced by Flyte Tyme.

Ratnadeep Bhadra

Jun 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/22/95
How do you figure Jam and Lewis were a big part
of VANITY6
tHE TIME
WHAT TIME IS IT?
and
PANDEMONIUM.

I mean for the first three Prince did all the damn work and
gave others the credit. for the las t one Pandemonium Prince
wrote about 5 tracks and the rest were spread out among
Jam and Lewis, Jesse Johnson, Monte, and Jelly bean.

When it comes to power, Pailsly Park rules of over FLYTE TYME.

Yo forget that last line, I should not have said that, but its true.

Ronny