Re : identify this song for me!

Sid

May 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/30/95

>I'm wondering who sings this song that goes like this:
>I like the way you comb your hair.
>I like the stylish clothes you wear
>It's just the little things you do
>that show's how much your really care
>just like when I'm all alone with you...
>
>something like that...
>I need the artist, song title and album name!
>
>thanks in advance!!

The track is that monster club toon from a long time back :

'Rumpshaker' by Wreckx N Effect
from the album 'Hard or Smooth'

A cool track from a very good album.

Sid.

ADG!

May 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/30/95
In article <3qeuih$3...@auntie.bbcnc.org.uk>
or if the actual song is what the original poster wanted, the song is by
DeBarge, the title is Oooo, I Like It (or something like that), sorry, i can't
remember the album. i used to have it but gave it to one of my friends a
while back.

adg!

QuizzMstr

May 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/30/95
Uh, Sid, That was a sample or reinterpretation of "I Like It" by DeBarge.

Man, we gotta educate these youngsters..... ;-D

JLJ

No Activator Gels were used in the making of this post.
Johnnie "The QuizMaster" Johnson, Maker of the Funky Lyrics Quiz
Internet Address: Quiz...@AOL.COM
"You'll Never Win Double Jeopardy With Answers Like That"-Micheal
DeLorenzo on the FOX TV show "New York UnderCover". Home Page
To Be Re-released soon.
Funky Lyrics Quiz and FAQ Temp Site:
http://www.dsi.unimi.it/Users/Students/barbieri/home.html

Russell Kwong

May 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/30/95
Actually this is not the one I'm thinking of... The one is sung by a
girl group or a girl singer... It's more recent than Rumpshaker...
There is also a remix of this song that uses the "Top Billin'" beat
and has a reggae artist in it as well... thanks in advance!

Sid (nsid...@bournemouth.ac.uk) wrote:

> >I'm wondering who sings this song that goes like this:
> >I like the way you comb your hair.
> >I like the stylish clothes you wear
> >It's just the little things you do
> >that show's how much your really care
> >just like when I'm all alone with you...
> >
> >something like that...
> >I need the artist, song title and album name!
> >
> >thanks in advance!!
> >

> The track is that monster club toon from a long time back :

> 'Rumpshaker' by Wreckx N Effect
> from the album 'Hard or Smooth'

> A cool track from a very good album.

> Sid.

________ ___ ___ __________
----/rrrrrrr/-/uu/--/uu/-/sssssssss/----------------------------------
-=-/r|--|rr/=/uu/-=/uu/-/ss/------/-=---->Russell Kwong<---=-=-=-=-=-=
-+/rr|r-|r/-/uu/+/uu/+-/ss/-+-+-+-+-+-+-Carleton University-+-+-+-+-+-
_/rr/--\r\_/uu/_/uu/___\ssss\_________________________________________
/rr/+=+|r|=\uuuuuu/=+=+=\-|ss|Email address: rkw...@chat.carleton.ca
/-/----|-|--\---/---------/ss/----------------------------------------
/________________/ss/<--------------------------------------->
/sssssssssssssssssss/ "Never without a walkman and an extra
/-------------------/ <--------------------------------------->
freenet address: by...@freenet.carleton.ca set of batteries."

Moneim Eltohami

May 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/31/95
Please stop I identifying this song over and over again. We all know now that it
similiar to Rump Shaker but ithat it isn t that one. We also know now that
it is originally a DeBarge song, which recently has been sampled by a reaggy
group. So would you please stop to state that over and over again unless you got
some new information on that ??? I hope this won t be a topic to the day that
this whole newsgroup will only consist of answers to this question.

TEDDY

Jun 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/2/95
In article <3qhrfc$c...@fu-berlin.de>, mon...@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Moneim
Eltohami) wrote:

>>The right answer is ARTIST:(Jomanda) SINGLE:(I Like It) ALBUM(Nubia
Soul)......I hope that answered your question?...........TRUST ME!!!!!!

BUCKWYLD2

Jun 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/8/95
In <3qeuih$3...@auntie.bbcnc.org.uk> nsid...@bournemouth.ac.uk (Sid)
writes:

>>I'm wondering who sings this song that goes like this:
>>I like the way you comb your hair.
>>I like the stylish clothes you wear
>>It's just the little things you do
>>that show's how much your really care
>>just like when I'm all alone with you...
>>
>>something like that...
>>I need the artist, song title and album name!
>>
>>thanks in advance!!
>>

>The track is that monster club toon from a long time back :
>
> 'Rumpshaker' by Wreckx N Effect
> from the album 'Hard or Smooth'
>
>A cool track from a very good album.
>
>Sid.

You might be refering to the song "I Like It" by Switch with El De
Barge singing lead.

PEACE
BUCKWYLD2

Nadine Wilson

Jun 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/8/95
In article <3r6pn7$m...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>, akat...@ix.netcom.com (BUCKWYLD2

Why do people who do not know what they are talking about post reponses that
are absolutely WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! we have established over the past three
days that this is "I like It" by Debarge from the_IN A SPECIAL WAY_ album.
can we not reply to this article again, please. we are going to kill this
person with assistance.

QuizzMstr

Jun 8, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/8/95
BuckWlyd said:
>You might be refering to the song "I Like It" by Switch with El De
>Barge singing lead.

>PEACE
>BUCKWYLD2

You might be referring to the song "I Like It" originally done by Debarge
in '81. ;-D

Wayne Davis/Ronald A. Mills

Jun 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/11/95
In <3r6pn7$m...@ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> akat...@ix.netcom.com (BUCKWYLD2

) writes:

>In <3qeuih$3...@auntie.bbcnc.org.uk> nsid...@bournemouth.ac.uk (Sid)
>writes:
>>

>>>I'm wondering who sings this song that goes like this:
>>>I like the way you comb your hair.
>>>I like the stylish clothes you wear
>>>It's just the little things you do
>>>that show's how much your really care
>>>just like when I'm all alone with you...
>>>
>>>something like that...
>>>I need the artist, song title and album name!
>>>
>>>thanks in advance!!
>>>

>>The track is that monster club toon from a long time back :
>>
>> 'Rumpshaker' by Wreckx N Effect
>> from the album 'Hard or Smooth'
>>
>>A cool track from a very good album.
>>
>>Sid.
>

>You might be refering to the song "I Like It" by Switch with El De
>Barge singing lead.
>
>PEACE
>BUCKWYLD2

There was a remake recently done by an artist (female) by the name of
Joya...I believe it was on A&M Records...

andrui...@gmail.com

May 4, 2018, 9:53:38 AM5/4/18
Nelly Ride Wit Me for about 20 seconds. It's not the full quote

paulcg...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2020, 10:23:31 PM7/31/20
Dale Watson is the singer.