1995 Soul Train Awards--Why was Aaliyah booed?

Paul G.

Feb 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/7/96
Hi, I'm pretty new to this group, and I know this is old news, but can anyone
tell me why the audience in the Soul Trains booed whenever Aaliyah was
mentioned
as a nominee? I'm a big fan of her music, so please don't flame me about my
taste. ;) Email or reply to this post, Thanks.

Paul

Brown

Feb 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/7/96
I think it was bc of the R. Kelly and her being married "scandal" was still a
hot topic at that time. But I could be wrong.

NnekaD

Feb 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/8/96
It probably was because she married R. Kelly. I was wondering the
same thing you asked when I watched the show. I do remember when Aaliyah
and Brandy just came out, people were talking about Aaliyah more than
Brandy. Then when everbody heard she was married to R. Kelly, Brandy
became bigger than Aaliyah. I doubt that is the reason, but it seems that
whay.

David Kurtz

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
"Paul G." <pgo> wrote:

>Hi, I'm pretty new to this group, and I know this is old news, but can anyone
>tell me why the audience in the Soul Trains booed whenever Aaliyah was
>mentioned
>as a nominee? I'm a big fan of her music, so please don't flame me about my
>taste. ;) Email or reply to this post, Thanks.

>Paul

I think it had something to do with the fact that she is rumored to
have married her producer R. Kelly....ohh and that she is only 15
didn't help much......

ku...@telepost.no

haPPY Go! cYnical
http://home.sol.no/endrel/