Kyle Gryphon

David Dalton

Jan 25, 2021, 9:01:03 PM1/25/21
Here’s a show that was live earlier tonight by
Kyle Gryphon and Kady Meany, presented by the
Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society, who say

"A rare mix of original compositions in the genuine traditional
style with a darker edge. The kind of stuff the faeries listen to
after dinner while you are trapsin' across the bog as it’s
getting duckish, for example."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFg5xNWWWJQ&feature=youtu.be

I think it will be up for a week (until next Monday’s show).

Kyle Gryphon has also released a nine-track CD called
Isolation which is quite good, and It is available from
http://www.fredsrecords.com/ for about CAN$14.95,
or US$11.85, or Pounds-8.55.

--
David Dalton dal...@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“And now the angry morning/Gives the early signs of warning/You must face

David Dalton

Jan 28, 2021, 12:18:46 AM1/28/21
On Jan 25, 2021, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.25BFAF5C00...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Here’s a show that was live earlier tonight by
> Kyle Gryphon and Kady Meany, presented by the
> Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society, who say
>
> "A rare mix of original compositions in the genuine traditional
> style with a darker edge. The kind of stuff the faeries listen to
> after dinner while you are trapsin' across the bog as it’s
> getting duckish, for example."
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFg5xNWWWJQ&feature=youtu.be
>
> I think it will be up for a week (until next Monday’s show).
>
> Kyle Gryphon has also released a nine-track CD called
> Isolation which is quite good, and It is available from
> http://www.fredsrecords.com/ for about CAN$14.95,
> or US$11.85, or Pounds-8.55.

I should have put guitarist Kady Meaney in the subject line as well.

I just watched it, and they did do his song
Curse of the Old Hag
but not his song
Astral Hunt.

Nick Odell

Jan 28, 2021, 3:41:48 AM1/28/21
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 01:48:44 -0330, David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com>
wrote:

>On Jan 25, 2021, David Dalton wrote
>(in article<0001HW.25BFAF5C00...@news.eternal-september.org>):
>
>> Here’s a show that was live earlier tonight by
>> Kyle Gryphon and Kady Meany, presented by the
>> Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society, who say
>>
>> "A rare mix of original compositions in the genuine traditional
>> style with a darker edge. The kind of stuff the faeries listen to
>> after dinner while you are trapsin' across the bog as it’s
>> getting duckish, for example."
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFg5xNWWWJQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
>> I think it will be up for a week (until next Monday’s show).
>>
>> Kyle Gryphon has also released a nine-track CD called
>> Isolation which is quite good, and It is available from
>> http://www.fredsrecords.com/ for about CAN$14.95,
>> or US$11.85, or Pounds-8.55.
>
>I should have put guitarist Kady Meaney in the subject line as well.
>
>I just watched it, and they did do his song
>Curse of the Old Hag
>but not his song
>Astral Hunt.

Thanks for posting these links to the other side of The Pond on
uk.music.folk and thanks to all the musicians and technicians etc who
make this and other NLFolk shows possible. I enjoyed watching this one
last night.

Nick