Emmylou Harris to headline NL Fok Festival

David Dalton

Jan 25, 2024, 12:47:28 PMJan 25
The 48th Annual Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Festival
headliner is Emmylou Harris. She will play the night of
Saturday, July 13, in Bannerman Park in downtown
St. John’s, Newfoundland.

The rest of the lineup will be announced soon, and
Early Bird tickets will go on sale soon, and I will post
on here again when each of those occurs, or you
could check the webpage https://nlfolk.com/ or the
Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society
Facebook page for updates.

“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)

David Dalton

Feb 16, 2024, 8:15:53 PMFeb 16
On Jan 25, 2024, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B62D62D00...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> The 48th Annual Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Festival
> headliner is Emmylou Harris. She will play the night of
> Saturday, July 13, in Bannerman Park in downtown
> St. John’s, Newfoundland.
>
> The rest of the lineup will be announced soon, and
> Early Bird tickets will go on sale soon, and I will post
> on here again when each of those occurs, or you
> could check the webpage https://nlfolk.com/ or the
> Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Arts Society
> Facebook page for updates.

There is currently a lot of outcry on Facebook locally.

The festival has since its inception been very family-oriented,
with the beer garden off to the side, and a tradition of kids
dancing in front of the stage even during the evening sets.

However, this year the organizers have said they plan to
sell separate 19+ tickets and have the licensed area
in front of the stage (so kids would be unable to dance there).

This I guess is because they want to sell more of the
expensive booze, and sell a higher proportion of adult
evening tickets. Perhaps they are doing this in order
to be able to afford Ms. Harris.

But if this remains the case, perhaps I and many other
longterm regulars will give Ms. Harris a miss.

“Early morning jubilators, up to no good instigators... Sons of long
forgotten races, that the darkest night embraces" (Ron Hynes & D. O'D.)