Documentary on Jim Fidler

David Dalton

Jul 12, 2022, 10:11:12 PM7/12/22
Newfoundland multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter/producer
Jim Fidler’s wife Lillian Fidler is making a documentary film
about his life. Two 15 segments from the documentary,
edited for radio, are available at

https://www.pebblemountain.net/news .

Note that the first episode is listed below the second episode.

Jim’s website,

http://www.jimfidler.com/

may also be of interest, including the new segment on his
new single A Fisherman’s Son (Skipper’s Song), released
on the 30th anniversary of the issuing of the cod moratorium.

“And the cart is on a wheel; And the wheel is on a hill;
And the hill is shifting sand; And inside these laws we stand" (Ferron)

David Dalton

Jul 18, 2022, 9:57:01 PM7/18/22
On Jul 12, 2022, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.287E613E00...@88.198.57.247>):

> Newfoundland multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter/producer
> Jim Fidler’s wife Lillian Fidler is making a documentary film
> about his life. Two 15 segments from the documentary,
> edited for radio, are available at
>
> https://www.pebblemountain.net/news .
>
> Note that the first episode is listed below the second episode.
>
> Jim’s website,
>
> http://www.jimfidler.com/
>
> may also be of interest, including the new segment on his
> new single A Fisherman’s Son (Skipper’s Song), released
> on the 30th anniversary of the issuing of the cod moratorium.

There is an interesting interview with Jim on Celtic Wake Up
with host Zach Snow on Soundcloud, available at

https://soundcloud.com/user-249037945/cwu-202-one-fine-day-in-the-month-of-
july

or, if that was wrapped across two lines,

https://tinyurl.com/yjxcm7rh

David Dalton

Jul 19, 2022, 12:48:32 AM7/19/22
On Jul 12, 2022, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.287E613E00...@88.198.57.247>):

> Jim’s website,
>
> http://www.jimfidler.com/
>
> may also be of interest, including the new segment on his
> new single A Fisherman’s Son (Skipper’s Song), released
> on the 30th anniversary of the issuing of the cod moratorium.

That site links to a https download site where you can download
a WAV version of the song for CAN$0.99 (US$0.76), which
goes directly to Jim, paying by PayPal.

“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs Her head to
find herself faded a shadow of what she once was" (Sarah McLachlan)

David Dalton

Jul 20, 2022, 2:21:47 AM7/20/22
On Jul 18, 2022, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.288646EB00...@88.198.57.247>):

> On Jul 12, 2022, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.287E613E00...@88.198.57.247>):
>
> > Newfoundland multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter/producer
> > Jim Fidler’s wife Lillian Fidler is making a documentary film
> > about his life. Two 15 segments from the documentary,
> > edited for radio, are available at
> >
> > https://www.pebblemountain.net/news .
> >
> > Note that the first episode is listed below the second episode.
> >
> > Jim’s website,
> >
> > http://www.jimfidler.com/
> >
> > may also be of interest, including the new segment on his
> > new single A Fisherman’s Son (Skipper’s Song), released
> > on the 30th anniversary of the issuing of the cod moratorium.
>
> There is an interesting interview with Jim on Celtic Wake Up
> with host Zach Snow on Soundcloud, available at
>
> https://soundcloud.com/user-249037945/cwu-202-one-fine-day-in-the-month-of-
> july
>
> or, if that was wrapped across two lines,
>
> https://tinyurl.com/yjxcm7rh

Though the first part of that show is about Dermot O’Reilly,
R.I.Party, of Ryan’s Fancy.

David Dalton

Jul 20, 2022, 3:05:30 AM7/20/22
On Jul 20, 2022, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2887D67800...@88.198.57.247>):

> On Jul 18, 2022, David Dalton wrote
> (in article<0001HW.288646EB00...@88.198.57.247>):
>
> > On Jul 12, 2022, David Dalton wrote
> > (in article<0001HW.287E613E00...@88.198.57.247>):
> >
> > > Newfoundland multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter/producer
> > > Jim Fidler’s wife Lillian Fidler is making a documentary film
> > > about his life. Two 15 segments from the documentary,
> > > edited for radio, are available at
> > >
> > > https://www.pebblemountain.net/news .
> > >
> > > Note that the first episode is listed below the second episode.
> > >
> > > Jim’s website,
> > >
> > > http://www.jimfidler.com/
> > >
> > > may also be of interest, including the new segment on his
> > > new single A Fisherman’s Son (Skipper’s Song), released
> > > on the 30th anniversary of the issuing of the cod moratorium.
> >
> > There is an interesting interview with Jim on Celtic Wake Up
> > with host Zach Snow on Soundcloud, available at
> >
> > https://soundcloud.com/user-249037945/cwu-202-one-fine-day-in-the-month-of-
> > july
> >
> > or, if that was wrapped across two lines,
> >
> > https://tinyurl.com/yjxcm7rh
>
> Though the first part of that show is about Dermot O’Reilly,
> R.I.Party, of Ryan’s Fancy.

The whole two hour show contains lots of good music,
but if you are just interested in the Jim Fidler segment
it comes between 29:34 and 53:48, though to skim to
that you need to have a Soundcloud account and sign in
to it, but such an account is very quick to set up.