Lyrics of old-time classic : Daisy, Daisy

Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Hi

I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
Daisy, Daisy.

It goes like this:

Daisy, Daisy
I am half crazy
On a bicycle built for two

.... or something like that.

Is there some Web site where I can find the lyrics for that song,
or is there some kind soul who could e-mail me the lyrics (even
incomplete will be most helpful!).

THANKS
nean...@ix.netcom.com

John Lupton

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

In article <326C22...@ix.netcom.com> Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <nean...@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>From: Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <nean...@ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: Lyrics of old-time classic : Daisy, Daisy
>Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 18:26:20 -0700

>Hi

>I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
>Daisy, Daisy.

>It goes like this:

>Daisy, Daisy
>I am half crazy
>On a bicycle built for two

>.... or something like that.

The song is "Bicycle Built For Two":

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do
I'm half-crazy, all for the love of you
It won't be a stylish marriage
I can't afford a carriage
But you'll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicycle built for two

I think we learned another verse way back in school days, but I don't recall
it.

John Lupton, SAS Comm & Network Svcs, University of Pennsylvania
"Rural Free Delivery", WVUD-FM 91.3, Newark, Delaware
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~jlupton/rfd.html
Brandywine Friends of Old Time Music
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~jlupton/bfotm.html
The University of Pennsylvania: a bar with a $25,000 cover charge...

Gerry Kendal

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

In article <jlupton.7...@sas.upenn.edu>, jlu...@sas.upenn.edu
(John Lupton) wrote:

Do I remember this titled "The Sidewalks of New York"?

Mando Mark

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

Second Verse (sung by the lady!)

Jimmy, Jimmy, here is your answer to...
I'd be crazy to marry the likes of you
If you can't afford a carriage
than let's forget the marriage
'cause I'll be dammed
if I'll be crammed
On a bicycle built for two!

Mand...@worldnet.att.net

Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <nean...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<326C22...@ix.netcom.com>...

> Hi
>
> I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
> Daisy, Daisy.
>
> It goes like this:
>
> Daisy, Daisy
> I am half crazy
> On a bicycle built for two
>
> .... or something like that.

John Lupton

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

I wrote:

>> The song is "Bicycle Built For Two":
>>
>> Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do
>> I'm half-crazy, all for the love of you
>> It won't be a stylish marriage
>> I can't afford a carriage
>> But you'll look sweet
>> Upon the seat
>> Of a bicycle built for two
>>
>> I think we learned another verse way back in school days, but I don't recall
>> it.

Gerry responded:

>Do I remember this titled "The Sidewalks of New York"?

No, that was:

East Side, West Side, all around the town
Ring-around-the rosie, London Bridge is falling down
Boys and girls together, me and Mamie O'Rourke
We tripped the light fantastic on the sidewalks of New York

This is actually the chorus, I think it has several verses - check the Digital
Tradition.

How's Roadhog doin', Gerry??

Joseph C Fineman

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

jlu...@sas.upenn.edu (John Lupton) writes:

>I think we learned another verse way back in school days, but I don't
>recall it.

The temptation to add a reply has been yielded to many times over the
years. When I was a kid we had

Maxie, Maxie, here is your answer true:
I'm not crazy all for the likes of you.
If we can't afford a carriage,
There won't be any marriage,
'Cause I'll be damned if I'll be crammed*
On a bicycle built for two.

*Variant for respectable company: "I'll be switched if I'll be
hitched".
--
Joe Fineman j...@world.std.com
495 Pleasant St., #1 (617) 324-6899

Nancy Hauser

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

Nope, you don't... Sidewalks of New York was a different (but perhaps
vaguely similar?) tune...

It went:

East side, west side all around the town
The tots play ring-around-rosie, London Bridge is falling down

Boys and girls together, me and Mamie O'Rourke

Tripped the light fantastic on the Sidewalks of New York

Bob Marshall

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

In article <jlupton.7...@sas.upenn.edu>, jlu...@sas.upenn.edu (John Lupton) writes:
> In article <326C22...@ix.netcom.com> Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <nean...@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>>From: Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <nean...@ix.netcom.com>
>>Subject: Lyrics of old-time classic : Daisy, Daisy
>>Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 18:26:20 -0700
>
>>I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
>>Daisy, Daisy.
>
>>It goes like this:
>
>>Daisy, Daisy
>>I am half crazy
>>On a bicycle built for two
>
>>.... or something like that.
>
> The song is "Bicycle Built For Two":
>
> Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do
> I'm half-crazy, all for the love of you
> It won't be a stylish marriage
> I can't afford a carriage
> But you'll look sweet
> Upon the seat
> Of a bicycle built for two
>
> I think we learned another verse way back in school days, but I don't recall
> it.

Of course, you can always rent the movie "2001: A Space Odyssey". This is
the song that the on-board computer HAL sang as Dave was disconnecting him.
Of course, I don't think he ever got past the first verse...

Bob Marshall \\ Marshall's Theorem :
Lockheed Martin Corp. \\
Sunnyvale, CA \\ 2 + 2 approximately equals 5 for
mars...@lmsc.lockheed.com \\ large values of 2
"I tell the truth 'cept when I lie" \\

DZCrawford

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

Do not forget Daisy's reply:

Peter, Peter, here is your answer true.
I'd be crazy, to marry a lad like you.
If you can't afford a carriage -
there won't be any marriage.
And I'd be dead, before I'd wed
on a bicycle built for two.

My Dad used to sing that part a lot many, many, many years ago whenever I
was dating a "lad" he deemed to be of poor means.

Donah Zack Crawford
Director, Folklife Center at Buttonbox Farm

Dick Wisan

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

In article <jlupton.7...@sas.upenn.edu>, jlu...@sas.upenn.edu says...

>In article <326C22...@ix.netcom.com> Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <neande

>r...@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>>From: Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <nean...@ix.netcom.com>
>>Subject: Lyrics of old-time classic : Daisy, Daisy
>>Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 18:26:20 -0700
>
>>Hi

>>I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
>>Daisy, Daisy.
>
>>It goes like this: [snip]

>The song is "Bicycle Built For Two":
>
>Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do
>I'm half-crazy, all for the love of you
>It won't be a stylish marriage
>I can't afford a carriage
>But you'll look sweet
>Upon the seat
>Of a bicycle built for two
>
>I think we learned another verse way back in school days, but I don't recall
>it.

Was it:

Michael, Michael, here is your answer true:
I won't cycle, all for the love of you.
If you can't afford a carriage,
There won't be any marriage.

'Cause I'll be damned

If I'll be crammed [jammed? slammed?]
On a bicycle built for two.

--
R. N. (Dick) Wisan - Email: wis...@norwich.net
- Snail: 37 Clinton Street, Oneonta NY 13820, U.S.A.

Barrie McCombs

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

Joseph C Fineman (j...@world.std.com) wrote:
: Maxie, Maxie, here is your answer true:
: I'm not crazy all for the likes of you.
: If we can't afford a carriage,
: There won't be any marriage,
: 'Cause I'll be damned if I'll be crammed*
: On a bicycle built for two.

: *Variant for respectable company: "I'll be switched if I'll be
: hitched".

I think that one was actually the rarely sung second verse, with the name
of the man changed frequently. At a sixties-era camp, we used to sing
this politically incorrect version as the male retort to verse two:

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do
I'm half crazy, just to make love to you
You make me all hot and sexy
So let us call a taxi
My kind of fun, just can't be done

On a bicycle built for two.

- Barrie

Robert G McCausland

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

Isn't this an interesting thread? Peter, Michael, and I know a Richard.
My source for this, I believe, is Pop Wagner on a Prairie Home Companion
broadcast from more than 10 years ago.

Richard, Richard, here is your answer true.
You're half crazy if you think that will do.

If you can't afford a carriage,
There won't be any marriage.

Cause I'll be switched
If I'll be hitched

On a bicycle built for two.

On the sunny side,

~~Rob McCausland
rg...@world.std.com

WalterH796

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

And another reply that I have heard:

Harry, Harry, here is your answer true.
I'd be crazy to marry a jerk like you.
There'll never be any marriage

If you can't afford a carriage

And I'll be switched (As is hit with a switch)
If I'd get hitched

Kevin Sheils

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

Gerry Kendal wrote:

> In article <jlupton.7...@sas.upenn.edu>, jlu...@sas.upenn.edu
> (John Lupton) wrote:

> > The song is "Bicycle Built For Two":
> >
> > Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do
> > I'm half-crazy, all for the love of you
> > It won't be a stylish marriage
> > I can't afford a carriage
> > But you'll look sweet
> > Upon the seat
> > Of a bicycle built for two
> >
> > I think we learned another verse way back in school days, but I don't recall
> > it.

A second verse I recall is a response along the lines of

Michael, Michael, here is my answer true
I won't cycle, it leaves me all black and blue
There won't be any marriage
If you don't get a carriage
for I'll be blowed
If I'll be stowed
On a bicycle made for two

Kevin Sheils

----------------------------------

My opinions, if opinions they are!
Not my employers.

----------------------------------

Peter J Knaggs

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96
to Gerry Kendal

>I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
>Daisy, Daisy.

It is well documented in books of music hall songs, under the title
"Daisy Bell".

--
Peter J Knaggs
p...@paisley.ac.uk

WILLIAM BRUECK

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96
to nean...@ix.netcom.com

hi: hope this helps,

DAISY,DAISY GIVE ME YOUR ANSWER TRUE
I'M HALF CRAZY, ALL FOR THE LOVE OF YOU.
IT WON'T BE A STYLEISH MARRIAGE.
I CAN'T AFFORD A CARRIAGE.
BUT YOU'LL LOOK SWEET.
UPON THE SEAT.
OF A BICYCLE BUILT FOR TWO.

RECORDED BY MITCH MILLER (SING ALONG WITH MITCH) IN THE 50'S
I CAN PROBALY GET YOU A COPY FOR ABOUT 5 OR 6 BUCKS IF NEEDED.

Alec Powell

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

In article <326C22...@ix.netcom.com>, Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis
<nean...@ix.netcom.com> writes
>Hi

>I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
>Daisy, Daisy.
Just for the record a version we used to sing in school,(in London),some
30 years ago went:

Daisy,Daisy the coppers are after you,
If they catch you,you know what they will do.
They'll tie you up with wire inside a Black Maria
So ring your bell and pedal like hell on a bycycle made for two!

No doubt all our North American friends will want to know what a Black
Maria was!!
--
The Pr...@prole.demon.co.uk

DZCrawford

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Well gentlemen, there you have it! It dosen't matter what your name is --
Daisy won't have you unless you can at least afford to rent better wheels.

dzcrawford

George Black

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96
In article <326C22...@ix.netcom.com>, Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <nean...@ix.netcom.com> wrote: >I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song: >Daisy, Daisy. >It goes like this: more added .......................... >Daisy, Daisy >I am half crazy all for the love of you It won't be a stylish marriage I can't afford a carriage But you'll look sweet upon the seat .... >Of a bicycle built for two Daisy Daisy give me your answer do I'm half crazy all for the love of you Some people can stay longer in an hour than others can in a week gbl...@midland.co.nz

Gerry Myerson

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

[Follow-ups trimmed] I thought it went like this:

Daisy, Daisy, send me some email, do
I'm half-crazy all for a byte of you
I can't afford a modem
I don't know how to code 'em
But you'd look good
Upon a node
Of the internet built for two.

[Insert male name, twice], here is your email true
I'd be crazy to interface with you
Why don't you get a clue be-
Fore ranting like a newbie
And I'll be damned
If I'll be spammed
On an internet built for two.

Gerry Myerson (ge...@mpce.mq.edu.au)

DJIRYL

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

In article <gerry-251...@e7a4mac05.mpce.mq.edu.au>,
ge...@mpce.mq.edu.au (Gerry Myerson) writes:

Geez - I thought it went:

Daisy, Daisy read my chain letter do
Though I'm crazy, I swear it all is true
Then send it to five others
Their sisters and their brothers
And you will stash
A lot of cash
Off this e-mail I sent to you

Moron, moron, I read your chain letter through
I'd be crazy to do what you said to do
*So take your bloody spamming
*Dispose of it by cramming
I hope you're flamed
By all those named
When the letter comes back to you

* I heard the teeny invisible guy who turns my refrigerator light on
singing these lines:
I sent it to your postmaster
You ignoramous bastard

Jeri Corlew

Kathleen Steele

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

LOL! Thanks for all the sharing! I've really enjoyed
seeing all the other Daisy responses!

In our family, yet another response evolved:

Michael, Michael, here is your answer true.
I don't fancy any the likes of you.
If you can't afford a carriage,

There won't be any marriage,
'Cause I'll be damned, if I'll be crammed
On a bicycle built for two!

: )
Kathleen

Abby Sale

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996 20:53:04 +0100, Alec Powell <Al...@prole.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>Daisy,Daisy the coppers are after you,
>If they catch you,you know what they will do.
>They'll tie you up with wire inside a Black Maria

>No doubt all our North American friends will want to know what a Black
>Maria was!!

Well, since you bring it up, I guess I _am_ a bit confused here. I always
thought this was a prisoner transport wagon, beginning, I seem to
remember, from New Orleans. My Webster's dictionary (American) seems to
confirm this, with a first-printed date of 1874.

The really confusing thing is that my Chambers dictionary (English)
defines it as:
A shell that emits dense black smoke or a gun discharging it.

From context, I just can't be sure which one the song intends.

But actually, this whole thread may involve less than the acceptable level
of seriousness we try to maintain here on r.m.f. The original request was
from

>Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis <nean...@ix.netcom.com>

and since we _all_ know that Neanderthal was nowhere near being an
Anthropopitecus, but was, of course, Homo Neanderthalensis, (or probably
more properly Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis,) I have to wonder if
requester was being serious, or even using his/her correct name!

Abby Sale, for the time being

ange...@gmail.com

May 9, 2014, 6:02:36 PM5/9/14
On Monday, October 21, 1996 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
> Daisy, Daisy.
>
> It goes like this:
>
> Daisy, Daisy
> I am half crazy
> On a bicycle built for two
>
> .... or something like that.
>

> Is there some Web site where I can find the lyrics for that song,
> or is there some kind soul who could e-mail me the lyrics (even
> incomplete will be most helpful!).
>
> THANKS
> nean...@ix.netcom.com

Dais

Joe Fineman

May 10, 2014, 5:43:42 PM5/10/14
This reply seems to have been aborted, and I can't retrieve the original
posting. However: The name of the song is "Daisy Bell, or a Bicycle
Made for Two", and it is by Harry Dacre.
--
--- Joe Fineman jo...@verizon.net

||: Conversation should have a distinctive lack of purpose. :||

Abby Sale

May 11, 2014, 8:38:00 AM5/11/14

I glad that's finally answered. We always called it "A Bicycle Built for
Two."

Sheet music at http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/catalog/levy:140.090 Good
song. Catchy.

More important, I wonder why the 1996 poster called himself
"Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis." (Should be an H there - ..pithecus.)
That's two completely different creatures. That is, if there is any
specific guy called anthropopithecus. I don't believe there was. It
would be someone in the hominid line, some millennia earlier than
pithecanthropus (ape-like man).

On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:43:42 -0400, Joe Fineman <jo...@verizon.net> wrote:

>ange...@gmail.com writes:
>
>> On Monday, October 21, 1996 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, Anthropopitecus
>> Neanderthalis wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
>>> Daisy, Daisy.
>>>
>>> It goes like this:
>>>
>>> Daisy, Daisy
>>> I am half crazy
>>> On a bicycle built for two
>>>
>>> .... or something like that.
>>>

>>> Is there some Web site where I can find the lyrics for that song,
>>> or is there some kind soul who could e-mail me the lyrics (even
>>> incomplete will be most helpful!).
>>>
>>> THANKS
>>> nean...@ix.netcom.com
>>
>> Dais
>
>This reply seems to have been aborted, and I can't retrieve the original
>posting. However: The name of the song is "Daisy Bell, or a Bicycle
>Made for Two", and it is by Harry Dacre.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
I am Abby Sale - in Raleigh, North Carolina

Skate free or die!
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Colin Irvine

May 11, 2014, 9:51:37 AM5/11/14
On Sun, 11 May 2014 08:38:00 -0400, Abby Sale
<NO_SPA...@ft.newyorklife.com> wrote:

>I glad that's finally answered. We always called it "A Bicycle Built for
>Two."
>
>Sheet music at http://levysheetmusic.mse.jhu.edu/catalog/levy:140.090 Good
>song. Catchy.
>
>More important, I wonder why the 1996 poster called himself
>"Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis." (Should be an H there - ..pithecus.)
>That's two completely different creatures. That is, if there is any
>specific guy called anthropopithecus. I don't believe there was. It
>would be someone in the hominid line, some millennia earlier than
>pithecanthropus (ape-like man).
>
>On Sat, 10 May 2014 17:43:42 -0400, Joe Fineman <jo...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>ange...@gmail.com writes:
>>
>>> On Monday, October 21, 1996 5:00:00 PM UTC+10, Anthropopitecus
>-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> I am Abby Sale - in Raleigh, North Carolina
>
> Skate free or die!
>-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

There's a voice from the past!

As a kid I learnt a second "verse" (I didn't know the song had actual
verses).

Daisy, Daisy, the cops'll be after you,
If they catch you, they'll give you a month or two,
They'll tie you up with wire
Inside a Black Maria
So ring your bell and peddle like Hell
On your bicycle built for two.

--
Colin Irvine
http://www.colinandpat.co.uk

Joe Fineman

May 11, 2014, 5:32:23 PM5/11/14
Colin Irvine <lo...@bottom.of.home.page> writes:

> As a kid I learnt a second "verse" (I didn't know the song had actual
> verses).
>
> Daisy, Daisy, the cops'll be after you,
> If they catch you, they'll give you a month or two,
> They'll tie you up with wire
> Inside a Black Maria
> So ring your bell and peddle like Hell
> On your bicycle built for two.

That is, actually, a second refrain.

The song has been extensively parodied. Another one is

Maxie, Maxie, here is your answer true:
I'm not crazy enough for the likes of you.
If you can't afford a carriage,
There won't be any marriage,
'Cause I'll be switched if I'll be hitched*
On a bicycle built for two.

*Naughty people made it "I'll be damned if I'll be crammed".
--
--- Joe Fineman jo...@verizon.net

||: I don't know what I'm doing here, but I know I'm doing it :||
||: wrong. :||

Abby Sale

May 12, 2014, 12:48:15 PM5/12/14
On Sun, 11 May 2014 17:32:23 -0400, Joe Fineman <jo...@verizon.net> wrote:

>The song has been extensively parodied. Another one is
>
> Maxie, Maxie, here is your answer true:
> I'm not crazy enough for the likes of you.
> If you can't afford a carriage,
> There won't be any marriage,
> 'Cause I'll be switched if I'll be hitched*
> On a bicycle built for two.

:-)

Yep - I'd forgotten about them. Kinda begs for bawdy parodies, don't it?
The Hash House Harriers have a few.

Abby Sale

May 12, 2014, 1:46:28 PM5/12/14

I'll be durned and so forth.

The original post by Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis was, in fact, posted
here in 1996. I actually saved the thread back then and amazingly (to me)
still have it.

Several people posted parodies, some quite unrespectable. Joe posted the
same one as below. I'm glad to see it again. It's still a useful song for
parodising.

On Sun, 11 May 2014 17:32:23 -0400, Joe Fineman <jo...@verizon.net> wrote:

>Colin Irvine <lo...@bottom.of.home.page> writes:
>
>> As a kid I learnt a second "verse" (I didn't know the song had actual
>> verses).
>>
>> Daisy, Daisy, the cops'll be after you,
>> If they catch you, they'll give you a month or two,
>> They'll tie you up with wire
>> Inside a Black Maria
>> So ring your bell and peddle like Hell
>> On your bicycle built for two.
>
>That is, actually, a second refrain.
>
>The song has been extensively parodied. Another one is
>
> Maxie, Maxie, here is your answer true:
> I'm not crazy enough for the likes of you.
> If you can't afford a carriage,
> There won't be any marriage,
> 'Cause I'll be switched if I'll be hitched*
> On a bicycle built for two.
>
>*Naughty people made it "I'll be damned if I'll be crammed".

they...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2015, 12:28:20 AM8/25/15
If they catch you,
They'll give you a month or two

Joe Fineman

Aug 25, 2015, 2:35:52 PM8/25/15

?

http://www.mudcat.org/@displaysong.cfm?SongID=1439
--
--- Joe Fineman jo...@verizon.net

||: A little of what you fancy does you good. :||

fbo...@felsted.org

May 3, 2016, 2:18:15 PM5/3/16
On Monday, 21 October 1996 08:00:00 UTC+1, Anthropopitecus Neanderthalis wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am desperately trying to find the lyrics of the ancient song:
> Daisy, Daisy.
>
> It goes like this:
>
> Daisy, Daisy
> I am half crazy
> On a bicycle built for two
>
> .... or something like that.
> yes that is it

lisafay...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2017, 6:27:30 AM4/21/17
2nd verse
Michael Michael this is my answer true I'd be crazy to ever marry you if you can't get a carriage their won't be any marriage because you'll be ditched before I get hitched on a bicycle made for 2
This is the British version I grew up singing.

karen.cla...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2017, 9:17:25 PM10/7/17
Bicyle Built for Two
Daisy, Daisy give me your answer true, I'm half crazy with my love for you, It won't be a stylish marriage, for I can't afford a carriage, but you'll look sweet upon the seat of a 'Bicyle Built for Two'.

Jimmy, Jimmy, here is my answer true, you're half crazy if you'll think I'll marry you, if you can't afford a carriage, you can't afford a marriage. And I'll be damned if I'll be crammed on a 'Bicyle Built for Two'.

This is how I learned it.

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Oct 8, 2017, 7:11:28 AM10/8/17

mrkvicka...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2019, 11:19:04 PM2/19/19
Daisy Daisy give me your answer do...you re half crazy if you think I d marry you. If you can t afford a carriage...then you can t afford a marriage...and I ll be damned if I ll be crammed on a bicycle built for two.

steve...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2019, 4:40:04 PM12/17/19
And at football matches I remember as a kid we used to sing the version ...
Daisy, Daisy, the coppers are after you,
If they catch you
They’ll give you a bump or two.
They’ll tie you up with wire
Behind the Black Mariah (= police van)
So ring your bell
And peddle like hell
On a bicycle made for two.

tgerm...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2020, 3:19:15 PM3/28/20
Michael, Michael, here is your answer true
You're half crazy if you think that will do
If you can't afford a carriage
There won't be any marriage
For I'll be switched b'fore I get hitched on a bicycle built for two

obaidas...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2020, 5:29:18 PM6/5/20
by the way i am new here.
https://newzsquare.com