Sharon Shannon -- Daddy Shannon's Jig

David Dalton

Mar 13, 2021, 4:36:33 PMMar 13
Here is a video that Sharon Shannon posted yesterday to
Facebook in celebration of her very much still alive
93-year-old Father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBTx4LtelXo

Happy St. Patrick’s Day (the celebrations usually
start the weekend before here in St. John’s, Newfoundland).

“‘Early morning jubilators/Up to no good instigators.../Sons of long
forgotten races/That the darkest night embraces.” (Hynes/O'Doherty)

David Dalton

Mar 14, 2021, 4:13:07 AMMar 14
On Mar 13, 2021, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.25FD67DF02...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Here is a video that Sharon Shannon posted yesterday to
> Facebook in celebration of her very much still alive
> 93-year-old Father.

correction: He won’t turn 93 until April 7.

David Dalton

Mar 17, 2021, 2:55:31 AMMar 17
On Mar 13, 2021, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.25FD67DF02...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Here is a video that Sharon Shannon posted yesterday to
> Facebook in celebration of her very much still alive
> 93-year-old Father.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBTx4LtelXo

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, which is the most Irish day
of the year, and my Dalton ancestor moved from
Inistoge, County Kilkenny to Conception Bay Central
here on the Avalon peninsula of Newfoundland
in about 1750, well before the potato famine.
Also though I consider myself to be a nondenominational
neopagan, my dead parents were Catholic.

“‘But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light" (S. McLachlan)