New filk: Fear In the Night

Arthur T.

May 10, 2022, 6:28:22 PM5/10/22
Note: Depending on the recording, "fort" or "fortress" might fit the
scansion better. Use whichever works better for you.

Title: Fear In the Night
ttto: Brahms' Lullaby

There is fear in the night
'Cause the werewolves are roaming
When the moon is full and bright
It's the time for eldritch foes
So stay safe in your house
With the doors locked and tight closed
So stay safely in your house
With the windows shuttered, too

Be prepared every night
For the monsters that roam
Be prepared for the fight
Make a fort of your home

With the zombies at large
Grab your guns and your axes
And be ready for their charge
And remember - double tap
They eat flesh, they eat brains
And they're coming so don't nap
There are hordes of the undead
And they're coming now for you

Be prepared every night
For the monsters that roam
Be prepared for the fight
Make a fort of your home

My lyrics copyright 2022 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Joe Kesselman

Jul 29, 2022, 12:54:04 AM7/29/22
On 5/10/2022 6:28 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> Note: Depending on the recording, "fort" or "fortress" might fit the
> scansion better. Use whichever works better for you.

Digression: Old joke claims that the easy way to distinguish between a
fort and a fortress is that the fortress has breastworks.

Arthur T.

Jul 30, 2022, 10:01:43 AM7/30/22
In Message-ID:<tbvp5a$3dv5e$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ouch. And thank you.