A minor help request, towards debugging Musescore

Joel Polowin

Jan 6, 2023, 1:37:46 AM1/6/23
There's a bug in Musescore's web interface that I'm seeing quite
consistently, which their developers seem not to be able to reproduce.
I have several scores on their server which are quite short but which
feature many repeats, resulting in a fairly long play duration.
(They're Shepard tones, done as scales.) That duration is shown at the
top left of the score, as displayed in a web browser, and should be
3:19:48. But every browser I've tried, with a variety of setup options,
on two machines at home and on one at my library, shows it as 27:19:48
-- that is, an extra day tacked on. The pieces are monotonous, but not
that monotonous..!

If you wouldn't mind, would you please take a look at:
https://musescore.com/user/28554317/scores/9087566, and let me know what
duration you see just above the upper left corner of the score? (At the
library, I had to expand the page to "full screen" mode with a button at
the top left in order to see the duration display. I don't know why
that was different from my machines at home; it may be a matter of
screen resolution.) It might also be useful to me to know what
operating system and browser you used.

Thanks!
Joel

www.avg.com

Dave Royal

Jan 6, 2023, 9:21:09 AM1/6/23
03.19.48
Firefox (nightly) on Android, both mobile and desktop site view.
Also Chrome on Android.
--
Remove numerics from email address

chr...@privacy.net

Jan 6, 2023, 9:40:10 AM1/6/23
3:19:48 on linux Ubuntu 20.10 viewing through Vivaldi 5.6.287...

HTH
Chris

Filksinger

Jan 6, 2023, 11:52:02 AM1/6/23
I get 27:19:48.

Chrome
Version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
10.0.1944 Build 19044

David

Joel Polowin

Jan 13, 2023, 6:32:58 PM1/13/23
The bug is affected by the OS time zone. If I set my machine's time
zone to, say, Buenos Aires (UTC-03:00), the duration is displayed
correctly. If I set it to Atlantic time (UTC-04:00), the duration is
off by 24 hours. And if I change to Newfoundland time (UTC-03:30), the
display is very​ messed up -- at the beginning of the piece, the
displayed time is ".5:30:00 / .5:49:48". I haven't tested rigorously,
but broadly speaking, time zones east of UTC-03:00 give correct
displays, while zones west of UTC-04:00 show the bug.

I'm guessing that the problem involves the duration of the piece
relative to one's time zone offset from UTC. A piece that's 1:00:00 in
duration displays correctly in UTC-01:00, but shows as 25:00:00 in
UTC-02:00.