Assuming

heather borean

Jun 5, 2021, 8:36:01 AM6/5/21
I have got figure out how to turn of notifications.

I had forgotten how some people here have simply got to have the last word.
I have also learned that some of you have no idea how to think outside the box, how to imagine a world where government is so different than what we have now that it is virtually recognizable. I understand that you disagree with me. This is an argument where I am choosing to step back because some of you here are so closed minded that if the reforms some of us are pushing for in Canada actually worked in the way that we hoped, and we improved in all the areas of commerce, trade, health and all those things, while maintaining our hate speech laws, you would look at us, prospering, and refuse the ideas, because they aren't American enough. I think I got some tenses mixed up in there.
We as humans tend to assign motives to others based on our own motives. I tend to expect people will act in a kind way because that's what I do. or try to anyway. Politicians, well. they are a mixed bag, since we are in two utterly different systems we can't really compare.
I will say that when you always point out only the negative, that's what you will get. Now I'm going to find the way to turn of notifications. Go ahead and jump all over me. I'm done.

Joe Kesselman

Jun 5, 2021, 2:19:08 PM6/5/21
I have to admit I'm not blameless here, so I'm arguably not the right
one to ask, but:

Is it time to start invoking "If you must debate do so in song" or "take
it to a more appropriate newsgroup"? Paging El Kabong...

(For anyone who just wants to opt out of discussion they feel is
generating more heat than light, many newreaders have "ignore this
thread" functionality in addition to killfiles. You may be able to reach
this by rightclicking on a message. I try to consider it a last resort,
but there are times when I'll invoke it -- especially when I feel I need
to manage my own temptation to respond.)

freemars

Jun 5, 2021, 11:47:46 PM6/5/21
Heather - I am guessing from your Gmail address you are using the Goog’s news reader. There are others out there with more fine toothed controls. Depending on your system, of course, you might find software that will hide posts in a given thread or from a particular poster. That allows curating what you see, but unlike *cough* *cough* Facebook *cough* YOU get to make the decisions and not some algorithm. If you go with some other software eternal-september.org is a good source of newsgroups. Good luck.