New filk: They Will Not Be Moved (I'm afraid it's another political filk)

Arthur T.

Jul 29, 2021, 4:43:44 PM7/29/21
A different take on this zipper song. I'm sure anyone interested
could add their own couplets. (Or, as many do with the
"original", use the same line twice.)

Title: They Will Not Be Moved
ttto: We Shall Not Be Moved

The environment is crumbling
They will not be moved
They just stand there mumbling
They will not be moved
Just like a stone or turnip which has got no blood
They will not be moved

They will not let themselves be moved
They will not let themselves be moved
Just like a stone or turnip which has got no blood
They will not be moved

There is hunger and starvation
Inequity, privation

The pandemic's unabated
They say it's overrated

The drug war's never-ending
They remain unbending

There's bigotry and violence
Race hatred now is intense

Some voter rights they're ending
States' rights they're defending

[Last verse and chorus:]

They don't like our fair election
For this they are moved
They called for insurrection
For this they are moved
For any cause that they think puts them on the top
That's when they are moved

Dogs in the manger's what they are
Somehow it seems a bit bizarre
If they can't have what they want, they say, "Burn it all"
For that they are moved

My lyrics copyright 2021 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Gary McGath

Jul 30, 2021, 10:13:35 AM7/30/21
On 7/29/21 4:43 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> A different take on this zipper song. I'm sure anyone interested
> could add their own couplets. (Or, as many do with the
> "original", use the same line twice.)
>
> Title: They Will Not Be Moved
> ttto: We Shall Not Be Moved

I will soon be moved (August 7). After the water failed for an hour this
morning, I'm really looking forward to it. Perhaps they're a filk in it.

New address for anyone who wants it:

Gary McGath
3 West Pine St. #20
Plaistow, NH 03865

Hmm ... "Three West Pine Street Number Twenty" could be made to scan.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

david union

Jul 30, 2021, 12:13:23 PM7/30/21
Love it!

Lee Gold XP

Aug 2, 2021, 5:31:57 PM8/2/21
On 7/30/2021 7:13 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> I will soon be moved (August 7). After the water failed for an hour this
> morning, I'm really looking forward to it. Perhaps they're a filk in it.
>
> New address for anyone who wants it:
>
> Gary McGath
> 3 West Pine St. #20
> Plaistow, NH 03865