New filk: Sixteen Grams (a Knitting Song)

Arthur T.

Jul 25, 2021, 12:07:56 PM7/25/21
Title: Sixteen Grams (a Knitting Song)
ttto: Sixteen Tons by Merle Travis

The trouble with the yarn is all of the doubt
I don't know how I'll figure it out
How much I need to finish this work
The dye lot changed; I've all that I'll have

(Chorus:)
I knit 16 grams and what do I get?
Another two inches, but yards to go yet.
Have I enough to finish this piece?
I hope so 'cause it's for my new niece

How many inches is how many rows?
How many grams as what I'm knitting grows?
The thing gets bigger as the skeins get small
Have I enough that I can finish it all?

(chorus)

Is it looser or tighter that won't use yarn as fast?
That might be a way I could make the yarn last
But that's no good 'cause it won't match the rest
And I always want to be knitting my best

(chorus)

My lyrics copyright 2021 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Cindy Wells

Jul 25, 2021, 3:41:33 PM7/25/21
On 7/25/2021 11:07 AM, Arthur T. wrote:
> Title: Sixteen Grams (a Knitting Song)
> ttto: Sixteen Tons by Merle Travis
>
> The trouble with the yarn is all of the doubt
> I don't know how I'll figure it out
> How much I need to finish this work
> The dye lot changed; I've all that I'll have

Wonderful. I shared this with a knitter in my life.

Cindy Wells