Liz Solo, the voice of liquid night

David Dalton

Oct 18, 2022, 10:41:50 PM10/18/22
I highly recommend Newfoundland SF author JE Solo (known
as Liz Solo in her music career), now based in Toronto, who
has put out an SF novel entitled Phreak, and, more recently,
Edge, a book of three short stories with pictures.

Her author website is https://jesolo.ca/
and another website of hers that also discusses
her music and her hybrid-reality performance
projects is at http://lizsolo.com/ . From that
website:

"JE (Liz) Solo is a writer, multi-disciplinary performance and media
artist, and musician, best known for their work in East Coast music,
and as a trailblazer in machinima, hybrid-reality, and live and
networked performance art. They create artworks that merge
traditional practices (theatre, writing) with technology,
(virtual/online/game environments). Recently JE has been
exploring creation using machine learning, quantum computing,
and Artificial Intelligence.”

She is also an accomplished tarot card reader, including
over video chat, and a spiritual home cleanser, though
I doubt that she can do that remotely.

Her music projects have included Lizband, Liz Solo, 11:11,
The Black Bags, Live Girlz, The Sauce, and TrixXxie.
One Lizband track I really like can be streamed
(or downloaded at a low price) at

https://lizband.bandcamp.com/track/denial

where the full four album Lizband digital
discography can be downloaded for
Can$26 (US$19) including in FLAC format.

From her recent Facebook posts there is new music
in the works.

"And I know the young man with a century's face/A philosopher king - he
will try to amaze/With examples of love and examples of hate" (T. Tikaram)