New Quarantune: New World

Arthur T.

Aug 4, 2021, 4:40:48 PM8/4/21
Title: New World
ttto: I'll Never Find Another You by Tom Springfield

It's a new world, outside
Pandemic's changed us all
The next plague is waiting
Someday it will befall
We don't know when it is coming
But come, it surely will
And we'll get through that one too, 'cause we've the skill

We must always plan for
Pandemics, plague, and death
My mask's my escutcheon
To sanitize each breath
And my sword is social distance
My armor's my vaccine
And my castle keep will be a quarantine

Into all our lives, now
Some trouble will betide
But we'll keep going on
Through bumpy rides, we'll abide

We lament that it's our turn
Why did this happen now?
But you shouldn't ask that question
Instead just make this vow:
"I will take all due precautions;
I won't get too depressed;
I'll be merry, and I'll live life to the best."

My lyrics copyright 2021 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Gary McGath

Aug 4, 2021, 8:09:28 PM8/4/21
On 8/4/21 4:40 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> Title: New World

> We lament that it's our turn
> Why did this happen now?
> But you shouldn't ask that question
> Instead just make this vow:
> "I will take all due precautions;
> I won't get too depressed;
> I'll be merry, and I'll live life to the best."

I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I,"
said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not
for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time
that is given us."

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com