Chris Weber filkbook out on Amazon

Lee Gold XP

Aug 5, 2022, 8:51:51 PM8/5/22
SENTIENT CHILI AND STRANGER FILK
by Chris Weber

available on Amazon
as Kindle or as paperback or as a hardcover
Lyrics to 107 Songs of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Fandom

Chris Weber

Aug 7, 2022, 4:34:54 PM8/7/22

Lee Gold XP

Aug 12, 2022, 5:59:05 PM8/12/22
It doesn't have an index, just a slightly inaccurated Table of Contents.
Its pages aren't numbered.

It also doesn't have the sheet music for some songs that appeared
in various filkbooks.

I numbered its pages today and corrected the ToC.

I'm going to have Barry proofread my ToC on Sunday.
Then I'll alphabetize it by song title and have Barry put it up
on the Xenofilkia website.

--Lee

Lee Gold XP

Aug 12, 2022, 5:59:40 PM8/12/22
On 8/5/2022 5:51 PM, Lee Gold XP wrote:

Lee Gold XP

Aug 14, 2022, 1:56:31 PM8/14/22
On 8/12/2022 2:59 PM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
> On 8/5/2022 5:51 PM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
>> SENTIENT CHILI AND STRANGER FILK
>> by Chris Weber
>>
>> available on Amazon
>> as Kindle or as paperback or as a hardcover
>> Lyrics to 107 Songs of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Fandom
>

> On 8/5/2022 5:51 PM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
> > SENTIENT CHILI AND STRANGER FILK
> > by Chris Weber
> >
> > available on Amazon
> > as Kindle or as paperback or as a hardcover
> > Lyrics to 107 Songs of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Fandom
> It doesn't have an index, just a slightly inaccurated Table of Contents.
> Its pages aren't numbered.

The Kindle has numbered pages.
The paperback doesn't.
This ToC and Index assumes you have numbered the song pages
AND the non-song pages.
Set a tab for the page number.

> It also doesn't have the sheet music for some songs that appeared
> in various filkbooks.
>
> --Lee

SENTIENT CHILI and STRANGER FILK by Chris Weber
TABLE OF CONTENTS

Black Hole, The 10
Alien 12
Battle beyond the Stars 14
Blade Runner 16
Outland 17
Gremlins 18
E.T. The Extra Terrestrial 19
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 20
One 24
Eat Your Brain 25
Till the Sun Comes Out 26
Great Science Fiction Religious Revival and Deity Song 30
Exile, The 32
There’s a Spectre Haunting Texas 34
Metamorphoses 35
High Deryni 36
Drawing of the Dark, The 38
Titan 40
Number of the Beast, The 41
To Your Scattered Bodies Go 42
Exodus 3:14 44
Timescape 45
Dorsai! 46
Music for Chameleons 47
Luke 10:30-35 48
Superman 51
Sandman 52
Wonder Woman 54
Collectors’ Cry, The 56
Animation (or, It Came from Japan) 58
Star Trek 61
More Star Trek 62
Space 1999 64
Amazing Stories 65
Eerie, Indiana 66
Enterprise 67
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, The (#1) 70
Space Invaders 72
Magic the Gathering 73
It’s Hot 74
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, The (#2) 76
Star Wars 80
More Star Wars and Empire 82
Empire Strikes Back, The 85
Empire Strikes Back Again, The 86
Empire Strikes Back, The (Strike Three) 87
Return of the Jedi 88
Return of the Jedi (Again) 90
Waitress, The 93
Filk for Frustrated Fans, A 94
Scale for Fandom, A 95
In Absentia 96
Tell Me, What’s a Fan 98
Shine It On 100
Isn’t It the Pits 101
Looks Like a Neo-Fan 102
Kushyon’s Flyte House 104
Hotel Room Requiem 107
All Night 108
Metamorphs’ Carol, The 111
Miners’ Christmas, A 112
Christmas at Mos Eisley 114
Equal Time 115
Rodney, the Radar Reindeer 116
Starlord’s Lament 119
Lunchtime in the Void 120
Traveling Time 121
Hyper-Drive 122
Beware of the Sentient Chili 123
Andromeda 124
Elementals, The 126
Doodah Doc Ditty, The 127
Hard Luck Spacer’s Blues 128
Oliver Crosses the Bar 130
Ballad of John McFee, The 132
Lim Jong Tea and Me 134
Feminist Writer 136
Just a Genre 137
All You Get is Dreck 138
The Producer’s Hymn 140
He-Man Writer Blues 141
Trilogy 142
Green, Green 143
On the Good Ship, Enterprise (behind the scenes) 144
Never Argue with an Eight-Foot Nominee 145
Who Will Save Your Show? 146
Another Round 149
Greensleeves 150
You’ve to Sing a Filksong or Two 151
Filk 152
Technofilk 153
Filker’s Block 154
Ten, Two, and Four 155
Jane 156
Freeway Filking 157
Ose 158
No Barbed Wire 160
Floppy Disks 162
Mylar Mouseketeers 163
Shuttle’s California Landing Excels All Our Hopes, Thus.... 164
Hear Them Roar 166
Liberal Song, The 169
Under the Seat 170
Ode to the Sun 172
Old Time Religion 173
War 174
Spielburg’s Lullaby 176
Filk Lost 178
Found Filk (not a song but a list of songs) 179
Thanksgiving Song, A (for a pluralistic society) 182

SENTIENT CHILI and STRANGER FILK by Chris Weber

Alien 12
All Night 108
All You Get is Dreck 138
Amazing Stories 65
Andromeda 124
Animation (or, It Came from Japan) 58
Another Round 149
Ballad of John McFee, The 132
Battle beyond the Stars 14
Beware of the Sentient Chili 123
Black Hole 10
Blade Runner 16
Christmas at Mos Eisley 114
Collectors’ Cry, The 56
Doodah Doc Ditty, The 127
Dorsai! 46
Drawing of the Dark, The 38
E.T. The Extra Terrestrial 19
Eat Your Brain 25
Eerie, Indiana 66
Elementals, The 126
Empire Strikes Back Again, The 86
Empire Strikes Back, The (Strike Three) 87
Empire Strikes Back, The 85
Enterprise 67
Equal Time 115
Exiled, The 32
Exodus 3:14 44
Feminist Writer 136
[...]

Gary McGath

Aug 15, 2022, 6:36:05 AM8/15/22
On 8/14/22 1:56 PM, Lee Gold XP wrote:

>> On 8/5/2022 5:51 PM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
>>  > SENTIENT CHILI AND STRANGER FILK
>>  > by Chris Weber
>>  >
>>  > available on Amazon
>>  > as Kindle or as paperback or as a hardcover
>>  > Lyrics to 107 Songs of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Fandom
>> It doesn't have an index, just a slightly inaccurated Table of Contents.
>> Its pages aren't numbered.
>
> The Kindle has numbered pages.
> The paperback doesn't.
> This ToC and Index assumes you have numbered the song pages
> AND the non-song pages.
> Set a tab for the page number.
>>
>> It also doesn't have the sheet music for some songs that appeared
>> in various filkbooks.

It's a bit annoying that this book is available only through Amazon. I
don't outright refuse to deal with Amazon, but they're my seller of last
resort. Occasionally they have weird whims about what books to carry,
which is their right, but even their little whims have major impact on
the author and publisher. I'd rather buy from a filk dealer.

I'll get to work on an entry in the filk book index, which I've
maintained poorly in recent years, using the information Lee provided.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Lee Gold XP

Aug 15, 2022, 10:54:56 AM8/15/22
Barry says he's posted the ToC and Index for this filkbook as clickable
links on the Xenofilkia webpage.

In a while we'll contact Chris and ask him if he wants Barry to create
copies of the sheet music for his songs where we can find it (in
Fantastic, in the Westerfilks, etc) and either send it to him or put
it on the Xenofilkia webpage so people can see the sheet music
and *hear* the music.

--Lee

Joe Kesselman

Aug 22, 2022, 1:05:08 PM8/22/22
Ordered.

I suspect it's only available thru Amazon because Chris is using them as
an on-demand publisher and that's part of the contract therefor...?

Chris Weber

Sep 17, 2022, 1:47:49 PM9/17/22
The e-book version is now also available from Barnes & Noble and from Smashwords:

Sentient Chili and Stranger Filk: Lyrics to 107 Songs of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Fandom by Chris Weber | eBook | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com/w/sentient-chil-and-stranger-filk-chris-weber/1142168082?ean=2940165925436)

Smashwords – Sentient Chili and Stranger Filk: Lyrics to 107 Songs of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Fandom – a book by Chris Weber: https://smashwords.com/books/view/1164243

Gary McGath

Sep 17, 2022, 2:11:13 PM9/17/22
On 9/17/22 1:47 PM, Chris Weber wrote:

> The e-book version is now also available from Barnes & Noble and from Smashwords:
>
> Sentient Chili and Stranger Filk: Lyrics to 107 Songs of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Fandom by Chris Weber | eBook | Barnes & Noble® (barnesandnoble.com/w/sentient-chil-and-stranger-filk-chris-weber/1142168082?ean=2940165925436)
>
> Smashwords – Sentient Chili and Stranger Filk: Lyrics to 107 Songs of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Fandom – a book by Chris Weber: https://smashwords.com/books/view/1164243

Thanks, just got it from Smashwords.