The Fulsome Pissin' Blues

Jim Goulder

May 20, 2022, 5:47:24 AM5/20/22

He shot a man in Kingsland just to watch him leak: Deputies ID
suspect in water tower shooting | KARK

https://www.kark.com/news/state-news/he-shot-a-man-in-kingsland-just-to-watc
h-him-leak-deputies-id-suspect-in-water-tower-shooting/

To: "Folsom Prison Blues" [Johnny Cash, 1955]

Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
https://youtu.be/s_NLlOiD1Wo

Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues (CC) [Karaoke Instrumental Lyrics]
https://youtu.be/QarX4gOwNvw

VERSE 1

I see the spray a-comin'--it's pourin' from the tank,
And I ain't been so tickled since I pulled this prank.
I watch the fulsome pissin'--the hubbub goin' on,
But that silhouette keeps whizzin' until the water's gone.

VERSE 2

When I was just a baby, my mama told me: "Kid,
Don't shoot water towers!" (the way that I just did),
But I shot a man in Kingsland, just to watch him pee.
When I see the online footage, I smirk maniac'lly.

[instrumental break]

VERSE 3

The internet is buzzin' as I know the late shows are.
The video they're showin' is makin' me a star.
Well, I know I had it comin'--my own celebrity,
But I soon may be indicted, and that's what worries me.

[instrumental break]

VERSE 4

Well, if I didn't take that potshot, and the tower was just fine,
Who'd ever hear of Kingsland? There'd be no PR goldmine.
A little squirty water and tourists come to stay.
So I hope I get off easy; I gave the town cachet.

Arthur T.

May 21, 2022, 1:09:55 PM5/21/22
In Message-ID:<t67o3a$ahg$1...@reader1.panix.com>,
""Jim Goulder"" <jgou...@panix.com> wrote:

>He shot a man in Kingsland just to watch him leak: Deputies ID
>suspect in water tower shooting | KARK

I know this kind of thing has just naturally got to stop, but "up to
16 years"?

And thanks for both the filk and bringing it to my attention.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com