New filk: There is a Whorehouse in the town

Arthur T.

Jun 3, 2021, 8:29:27 PM6/3/21
In Message-ID:<s97g37$13s$1...@dont-email.me>,
freemars <rab...@freemars.org> wrote:

>Splendid idea. And perhaps we could incite some porn.

And that inspired me to write... something that not only isn't
raunchy enough to need to be in Amf, but is as political as what we
were trying to get away from. Oh well, at least it scans and rhymes.

Title: There Is a Whorehouse in the Town
ttto: There Is a Tavern in the Town

There is a whorehouse in the town (in the town)
Or was until they shut it down (shut it down)
That's where I spent my money and my time
And closing it, I think's a crime

(Chorus:)
Who'd they hurt while making money?
I'd go there when I'd no honey
And we all got what we wanted
And with no regrets

They shut it down. They said it's lewd (said it's lewd)
The law is often quite a prude (quite a prude)
They try to legislate morality
Ignoring all reality

(chorus)

So what's a fella gonna do (gonna do)?
And how about those harlots too (harlots too)?
They're all out there without a way to meet
It leads to sleaze right in the streets

(chorus)

Some toil and sell their body's sweat (body's sweat)
And products of their hands and yet (hands and yet)
This job where only women can excel
They say will send them straight to hell

(chorus)

So sex work should be legalized (legalized)
Those doing it not be despised (not despised)
And why not let them work for what we'll pay?
Those that object can stay away

My lyrics copyright 2021 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Arthur T.

Jun 29, 2021, 12:55:37 PM6/29/21
In Message-ID:<grsibgtli8hbrv1no...@4ax.com>,
Arthur T. <art...@munged.invalid> wrote:

>Title: There Is a Whorehouse in the Town
>ttto: There Is a Tavern in the Town

I think I got something wrong in the choruses. What I posted will
probably not be the final version.