Confluence has wrapped

W. Randy Hoffman

Aug 1, 2022, 12:52:53 AM8/1/22
Crossposting as usual with Confluence-related material:

The Dead Dog Filk that concluded the formal portion of Confluence 2022 ended at 5 p.m. yesterday; the after-con Dead Dog Dinner at Ya Fei was quite good (as usual). "Sam's Song" was sung to end the Undead Dog Filk that followed in the hotel's Presidential Suite at about 10:40 p.m. That's another one in the books.

The con seems to have been a good one; I heard lots and lots of compliments. I want to thank my fellow committee members and con staffers, the Music Track performers (including Judi Miller), our sound crew Mark and Roberta, the other guests and attendees, and the hotel staff. We did make our room block, so we won't lose a boatload of money, and the committee will be talking soon about whether we want to have a Confluence 2023 (and if so, where).

A few items that I want to mention: We were without Triforce Quartet, who had to withdraw very late; Clif Flynt performed in their concert slot with aplomb. (Assuming that Confluence 2023 happens, Triforce is hoping to perform for it.) We were also without Sara Henya, who had to withdraw on Wednesday because she came down with COVID-19 (but whose email to me to notify me of the fact got misdirected into my Spam folder); Larry Kirby did a set in her slot on very short notice. (Also crossing my fingers that Sara can make it in 2023, although I haven't talked to her about it yet.) Lastly, although Juels Bland rocked our socks off as a solo version of The Darkest Timeline, I'm hoping that his partner Zach Parkman will be able to join us at a future Confluence so that we can get the full Timeline experience.

Love to all. Need sleep now. Zzzzzzz.

--Randy

Jeff Urs

Aug 1, 2022, 6:14:53 AM8/1/22
W. Randy Hoffman <wrandy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Crossposting as usual with Confluence-related material:

Thanks for the report!

--
Jeff