R I P Colleen Savitzky

Lee Gold XP

Jul 13, 2021, 12:02:00 AMJul 13
On 7/12/2021 5:15 PM, Barry Gold wrote:

> Riley Savitzky wrote:
>
> It is with great sadness that I report my mother, Colleen Savitzky,
has died. I'm horrible with words, and am still very much in shock.
> Here is my dad's take on it via his dreamwidth: Mdlbear's Dreamwidth
>
> Naomi posted this earlier to the Emerald Forest Filk List.
>
> I'm devastated to have to report that Colleen Savitzky, member of the
Filk Hall of Fame and "Mama Colleen" to three generations of fandom,
died last night of multiple medical complications at about 4:30AM.

> Can somebody who has contacts within the SF Bay Area filk community
where she lived for forty years please post the information on their
equivalent email list to this, if they have one? There are a lot of
people still around there who loved her and would probably want to be told.

FILK HALL OF FAMESteve and Colleen Savitzky – 2008
https://filkontario.ca/savitzkycands-2/

--Lee Gold

chaoswolf (Riley Savitzky)

Jul 13, 2021, 1:23:30 AMJul 13
The full Dreamwidth post / public statement or details of what happened is available on my dad's dreamwidth post here. https://mdlbear.dreamwidth.org/1778858.html

That is all.

Riley

Gary McGath

Jul 13, 2021, 1:31:40 PMJul 13
On 7/13/21 1:23 AM, chaoswolf (Riley Savitzky) wrote:
> The full Dreamwidth post / public statement or details of what happened is available on my dad's dreamwidth post here. https://mdlbear.dreamwidth.org/1778858.html

So sorry for your loss.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Joe Kesselman

Jul 13, 2021, 8:40:16 PMJul 13
I think I only met Colleen once, when I was still a relatively timid
filker who just happened to be near their house and was invited to drop
in for an evening... but from that one visit, I'm not at all surprised
that she was known as "Mama Colleen".

Sympathy to all those who knew her. I'm sorry I won't get a chance to
meet her again.

Paul Rubin

Jul 14, 2021, 2:42:38 PMJul 14
I'm very sorry to hear this. My sympathy to her family and I hope
everyone is holding up ok. I only met her a few times, but I remember
her warmly.