Getting Victor Sierra to OVFF?

W. Randy Hoffman

Aug 23, 2022, 11:00:59 AM8/23/22
Crossposting again. TL;DR: Looking for someone to drive a band from the NYC area to OVFF and back and (possibly) someone in the NYC area to put the band up for a few days before the con.

The celebrated French steampunk duo Victor Sierra (https://www.facebook.com/victor.sierra.band/), who have performed virtually for Confluence and DisCon III, are being flown across the pond to perform in person at the Halloween City Vendor & Oddities Market (https://halloweenvendorandodditiesmarket.com/) to be held at Blackthorne Resort (https://www.blackthorneresort.com/events/) in East Durham, NY (in the Catskills), on Oct. 21-23, 2022. Victor Sierra's Bob Eisenstein told me that the two of them hope to stay in Manhattan or thereabouts for a few days after Halloween City ends to see the sights. When I asked him whether they would consider sticking around for a whole week and attending OVFF, he said they might be as long as their transportation and hotel could be covered. I can probably manage the OVFF hotel costs for them, but might someone be able to drive them and their gear from the NYC area to and from OVFF? Also, I get the impression that they haven't really figured out their accommodations for the between week yet; if I'm correct about that, can anyone in the NYC area put them up for four or five nights?

W. Randy Hoffman

Aug 24, 2022, 9:50:56 AM8/24/22
Disregard most of my OP. Bob Eisenstein has now decided that trying to fit a side trip to OVFF into Victor Sierra's October 2022 stateside plans would be too much. However, he's still wondering about a place to stay in Manhattan for a few days after the Vendor & Oddities Market (Oct. 23 to 25, 26, or 27?). He mentions that if any Manhattanites would like to see Paris at that time of year, he's willing to do a straight-up home swap for his small Paris studio apartment during those days. 🙂

--Randy