Seeking info about "What Ever Happened to Tom Lehrer?"

W. Randy Hoffman

Aug 25, 2023, 10:52:45 AM8/25/23
Carol Botterton of the Tom Lehrer Fan Club group on Facebook is looking for more information about Robert Osband's lyric alteration "Whatever Became of Tom Lehrer?" (to the tune of Tom's "Whatever Became of Hubert?"). This song appeared in one of the NESFA Hymnals, but my copies of the Hymnals are in storage. Can anyone reply to this thread with any additional details about Robert's song -- when it was written, its lyrics, or other information? If folks can share any of that stuff here, I'll pass it along to Carol and the rest of the club.

--Randy

Gary McGath

Aug 25, 2023, 4:51:43 PM8/25/23
On 8/25/23 10:52 AM, W. Randy Hoffman wrote:
> Carol Botterton of the Tom Lehrer Fan Club group on Facebook is looking for more information about Robert Osband's lyric alteration "Whatever Became of Tom Lehrer?" (to the tune of Tom's "Whatever Became of Hubert?"). This song appeared in one of the NESFA Hymnals, but my copies of the Hymnals are in storage. Can anyone reply to this thread with any additional details about Robert's song -- when it was written, its lyrics, or other information? If folks can share any of that stuff here, I'll pass it along to Carol and the rest of the club.

It's in the NESFA Hymnal, dated 1978. I'll email you the lyrics.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

W. Randy Hoffman

Aug 25, 2023, 5:20:09 PM8/25/23
> It's in the NESFA Hymnal, dated 1978. I'll email you the lyrics.

Thanks, Gary!

--Randy