Song: Baby Brain

Gary McGath

Sep 18, 2021, 8:12:53 AMSep 18
Here's my response in song to the National Archives' "harmful language"
warnings. The tune is an old one that's rarely heard these days, so I've
linked to a YouTube recording and to the original lyrics.

Permission granted to publish in Xenofilkia.

Baby Brain

Lyrics: "Baby Face" by Benny Davis and Harry Akst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzatVNZZ5GU
https://www.kindakinks.net/discography/showsong.php?song=31

Note: The U.S. National Archives has slapped "harmful content" warnings
on the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill
of RIghts on its website. This song is a response.

Baby brain,
You've got a fragile little baby brain,
To read the Bill of Rights is too much strain,
Baby brain,
Its contents would alarm you,
Those words are bound to harm you.

Baby brain,
Don't let those documents disturb your pretty head.
You do not need to know,
We don't want to show
Them to your pretty baby brain.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

John Davis

Sep 19, 2021, 10:41:10 AMSep 19
On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 8:12:53 AM UTC-4, Gary McGath wrote:
> Here's my response in song to the National Archives' "harmful language"
> warnings. The tune is an old one that's rarely heard these days, so I've
> linked to a YouTube recording and to the original lyrics.
>
> Permission granted to publish in Xenofilkia.
>
> Baby Brain

Very Good job

Jim Goulder

Sep 21, 2021, 1:50:45 AMSep 21
One of my favorite tunes. Glad someone still remembers it.

Joe Kesselman

Sep 24, 2021, 2:08:13 AMSep 24
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/national-archives-us-constitution/

Extremely sloppy implementation, slapping it on the whole site, rather
than deliberate for these documents.

Quick. Cheap. Good. Pick any two.

Gary McGath

Sep 24, 2021, 6:29:07 AMSep 24
Thanks for the information. I've added a clarification to a recent blog
post of mine.

Joe Kesselman

Sep 24, 2021, 4:03:10 PMSep 24
On 9/24/2021 6:29 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> Thanks for the information. I've added a clarification to a recent blog
> post of mine.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by carelessness.
At least not without checking it first.

(They're changing guards at Buckingham Palace
Chistopher Robin went down, with malice...
... No.)