This week on FilkCast!

EricC

Aug 30, 2021, 8:00:10 PM8/30/21
Kathy Mar, Gwen Knighton Raftery, Silke Kovar, Chantelle Smith, The n'Early Music Consort, Playing Rapunzel, Rhodi James, Thomas James, Paul Bristow And The BtD Band, Franklin Gunkelmann, Valerie Housden, Robbie Matthews And Friends, and of course Zanda Myrande

Available on iTunes, Google Play and most other places you can get podcasts. We can be heard Wednesday at 6am and 9pm Central on scifi.radio.

filkcast.com

Joe Kesselman

Aug 31, 2021, 1:32:29 PM8/31/21
For what it's worth, I've been working on a smartspeaker skill for the
archives of one of my favorite radio programs (WQXR/WNYC's _New
Sounds_), giving users the ability to request specific shows by date or
episode number, to resume from where they left off, to play a random
episode, or to play the livestream. I'm hoping to add a tag search
capability at some point. Since this is based on Jovo, it will
theoretically be able to work on multiple ecosystems; currently only the
Alexa support is running though I'm hoping to enable Google soon.

So if at some point you want to give folks deeper access to archived
shows than you can with just a podcast, I might have some sample code
for you to study.