New filk: Tiny Vampires

Arthur T.

Oct 4, 2021, 8:51:39 PM10/4/21
Title: Tiny Vampires
ttto: Tiny Bubbles by Leon Pober

Tiny vampires
In my yard
Bite my ankles
Bite them hard
Tiny vampires
Make me itch all over
It's so awful I'm afraid I'm
Gonna find that I am scarred

So I'm gonna get some DEET
Permethrin for my clothes
Spray head down to my feet
And try again

Tiny vampires
Suck my blood
When I'm gard'ning,
Pulling spuds
Tiny vampires
Give me hives all over
But it's not enough to make me
Stop my working in this mud

My lyrics copyright 2021 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Lee Gold XP

Oct 5, 2021, 7:40:24 AM10/5/21
On 10/4/2021 5:51 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> Title: Tiny Vampires
> ttto: Tiny Bubbles by Leon Pober

I thinkn that "bubbles" has two syllables
and that "vampires" has three syllables.

--Lee

Gary McGath

Oct 5, 2021, 8:33:23 AM10/5/21
On 10/4/21 8:51 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> Title: Tiny Vampires
> ttto: Tiny Bubbles by Leon Pober
>
> Tiny vampires
> In my yard
> Bite my ankles
> Bite them hard
> Tiny vampires
> Make me itch all over
> It's so awful I'm afraid I'm
> Gonna find that I am scarred

You sound very "ticked off."

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Gary McGath

Oct 5, 2021, 8:34:38 AM10/5/21
As I'd pronounce it, "vampire" has two syllables.

See also Steve Savitsky's "Vampire Megabyte."

Arthur T.

Oct 5, 2021, 2:35:19 PM10/5/21
In Message-ID:<sjhgot$rgm$2...@dont-email.me>,
Gary McGath <ga...@REMOVEmcgathREMOVE.com> wrote:

>On 10/5/21 7:40 AM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
>> On 10/4/2021 5:51 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
>>> Title: Tiny Vampires
>>> ttto: Tiny Bubbles by Leon Pober
>>
>> I thinkn that "bubbles" has two syllables
>> and that "vampires" has three syllables.
>
>As I'd pronounce it, "vampire" has two syllables.

It's like asking people from various states how many syllables "oil"
or "fire" have. And while I normally pronounce "interest" with two
syllables, somehow it always has three in my filks.

As far as my normal pronunciation of "vampire" - I think I'd call it
2.5 syllables.

Joe Kesselman

Oct 5, 2021, 3:13:17 PM10/5/21
On 10/5/2021 8:33 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> You sound very "ticked off."

I could comment, but I'd be skeetering off topic.

(Cue: Wade Hemsworth's _The_Black_Fly_Song_. Shudder.)

Lee Gold XP

Oct 5, 2021, 5:46:31 PM10/5/21
On 10/5/2021 5:34 AM, Gary McGath wrote:
> On 10/5/21 7:40 AM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
>> On 10/4/2021 5:51 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
>>> Title: Tiny Vampires
>>> ttto: Tiny Bubbles by Leon Pober
>>
>> I thinkn that "bubbles" has two syllables
>> and that "vampires" has three syllables.
>
> As I'd pronounce it, "vampire" has two syllables.
>
> See also Steve Savitsky's "Vampire Megabyte."

I published that song.
I pronounce its "vampire" as vam-pi-urr.

--Lee

Gary McGath

Oct 5, 2021, 5:57:12 PM10/5/21
On 10/5/21 2:35 PM, Arthur T. wrote:

> As far as my normal pronunciation of "vampire" - I think I'd call it
> 2.5 syllables.

That's like when I used the name of Haverhill, Massachusetts in a song.
I treated it as three syllables, hay-ver-ill. A resident of the city
insisted it was two syllables, hay-vrill. We compromised on 2.5 syllables.

Arthur T.

Oct 31, 2021, 6:45:05 PM10/31/21
In Message-ID:<sjhgot$rgm$2...@dont-email.me>,
Gary McGath <ga...@REMOVEmcgathREMOVE.com> wrote:

>On 10/5/21 7:40 AM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
>> On 10/4/2021 5:51 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
>>> Title: Tiny Vampires
>>> ttto: Tiny Bubbles by Leon Pober
>>
>> I thinkn that "bubbles" has two syllables
>> and that "vampires" has three syllables.
>
>As I'd pronounce it, "vampire" has two syllables.
>
>See also Steve Savitsky's "Vampire Megabyte."

And let's not forget the song where "vampire" not only has only two
syllables, but rhymes with "Omar":
https://www.flashlyrics.com/letras/the-hamburger-brothers/omar-the-vampire-00