New filk: Little Wood Stool

Arthur T.

Feb 25, 2023, 7:36:55 PM2/25/23
The first verse came naturally after I mentioned "a little black
stool, over in the corner". The second verse came from not wanting to
leave well enough alone. I'm unsure if I'll want to add more verses;
I currently have no plans to.

Title: Little Wood Stool
ttto: Little White Duck by Bernard Zaritzky & Walt Barrows

There's a little wood stool sitting in the corner
A little wood stool, and on it sits Jack Horner
He stuck his thumb in his Christmas pie
And pulled out a plum and he said "Now I
Am a very good boy, sitting in the corner.
Ha, ha, ha."

There's a pie full of birds, twenty-four I figger
And when it is cut, the birds will sing with vigor
The king and the queen were pleased, of course,
But a blackbird took the maid's nose by force.
A very good pie, cooked with love and rigor,
Not to eat.

My lyrics copyright 2023 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Gary McGath

Feb 26, 2023, 12:42:57 PM2/26/23
On 2/25/23 7:37 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> The first verse came naturally after I mentioned "a little black
> stool, over in the corner". The second verse came from not wanting to
> leave well enough alone. I'm unsure if I'll want to add more verses;
> I currently have no plans to.
>
> Title: Little Wood Stool
> ttto: Little White Duck by Bernard Zaritzky & Walt Barrows

Here's a verse that sticks a little closer to the original:

There's a little black cat sinking in the water,
A little black cat, where she shouldn't oughter.
She screamed and wailed as she wanted out,
And was rescued by little Tommy Stout.
There's a little black cat sitting in the water,
Meow, meow, meow.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Gary McGath

Feb 26, 2023, 12:44:46 PM2/26/23
On 2/26/23 12:42 PM, Gary McGath wrote:

> There's a little black cat sinking in the water,
> A little black cat, where she shouldn't oughter.
> She screamed and wailed as she wanted out,
> And was rescued by little Tommy Stout.
> There's a little black cat sitting in the water,

Make that "sinking" to match the first line.

Tim Merrigan

Feb 26, 2023, 2:45:17 PM2/26/23
On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 12:44:43 -0500, Gary McGath <ga...@mcgath.com>
wrote:

>On 2/26/23 12:42 PM, Gary McGath wrote:
>
>> There's a little black cat sinking in the water,
>> A little black cat, where she shouldn't oughter.
>> She screamed and wailed as she wanted out,
>> And was rescued by little Tommy Stout.
>> There's a little black cat sitting in the water,
>
>Make that "sinking" to match the first line.
>
>> Meow, meow, meow.

If it's been rescued, than it's no longer sinking. Though, on the
other paw, it's also no longer in the water.
--

Qualified immunity = virtual impunity.

Tim Merrigan

www.avg.com

Arthur T.

Feb 26, 2023, 3:58:47 PM2/26/23
In Message-ID:<ttg5mu$2vkqv$1...@dont-email.me>,
Gary McGath <ga...@mcgath.com> wrote:

>Here's a verse that sticks a little closer to the original:

True. And a nice addition.