New post on Dylagence about Colombus, Georgia...

Pamela Brown

Oct 8, 2021, 11:27:29 PM10/8/21

Will Dockery

Oct 9, 2021, 7:11:29 AM10/9/21
On Friday, October 8, 2021 at 11:27:29 PM UTC-4, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:

> https://dylagence.wordpress.com/2021/10/09/a-connecticut-yankee-in-the-court-of-col-sanders/

Good morning, Pamela, I'm going to have a look.

🙂

Pamela Brown

Oct 9, 2021, 3:16:19 PM10/9/21
Thanks, Will. I hope you enjoy it and don't get too depressed over my ignorance of the South...I hope I made up for some of it when I joined the DAR after I moved to the Twin Cities. I was a junior member, under 35, which is kind of rare, so I was treated very well. My ancestor had been a spy for Gen. Washington in Canaan, CT, so that's how I got in.

But my inquiring mind began to wonder how much diligence they were using to track the records of the black men who had served in the Revolutionary War. To my dismay, I found little if anything being done at that time. (Hopefully this has improved). And then I found how how Marian Anderson was treated at Constitution Hall.
https://www.npr.org/2014/04/09/298760473/denied-a-stage-she-sang-for-a-nation
I walked out and never looked back. And I have never been a part of an exclusive group since...
Pamela

Zod

Oct 9, 2021, 5:02:41 PM10/9/21
Quite interesting, I moved to the area around 1983, with my parents... from Buffalo New York... took some getting used to I daresay...

Will Dockery

Oct 10, 2021, 10:25:40 AM10/10/21
It was a tough time for the Deep South, many things changed for the better during the 1970s.

Pamela Brown

Oct 10, 2021, 11:33:40 AM10/10/21
How did the change affect you? Did it hit you all at once or gradually?

Pamela Brown

Oct 10, 2021, 11:35:09 AM10/10/21
I do agree. An agonizing time all around...
Did it help when Jimmy Carter became President?

Zod

Oct 12, 2021, 6:24:56 PM10/12/21
I moved down with family in 1983... very different from Buffalo NY...

Pamela Brown

Oct 14, 2021, 7:49:24 AM10/14/21
Anything in particular?

Will Dockery

Oct 14, 2021, 9:23:08 AM10/14/21
Interestingly, it was Richard Nixon who finally got the schools integrated, I forget the details but he enforced the law that I think LBJ had already passed.

My first year with black kids in my class was Fall of 1970, when I began at Richards Junior High, a very educational time, and for the cool kids, mostly peaceful. A time of cultural exchange for us all, as most of the kids understood we weren't very different, after all.

By the time of the Jimmy Carter era the Deep South had been fully integrated for years, again, mostly peacefully, again, at least among us younger "cooler" folks.

General Zod

Oct 14, 2021, 2:10:34 PM10/14/21
The darkies knew their role down south. Not so much up in Buffalo, I daresay.

Will Dockery

Oct 14, 2021, 3:43:56 PM10/14/21
> The xxxxxxxxxxxxxxcc

Obvious forgery.

Zod

Oct 14, 2021, 5:25:54 PM10/14/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 2:10:34 PM UTC-4, FAKE General Zod FORGERY xzxxx
> The darkies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are a lying forger FOOL...!!

Rachel

Oct 14, 2021, 7:17:12 PM10/14/21
and so modest, too

Rachel

Oct 14, 2021, 7:23:32 PM10/14/21
thank you pamela...the singing made my eyes water (eyes closed).

i forget, what are you doing here? you're suing dylan for something, he stole from you? or did he rape you, too? what's your story again?

Pamela Brown

Oct 15, 2021, 6:51:33 AM10/15/21
Yikes. Sorry, Zod. I didn't intend to open a can of worms....
For me, the greatest difference was grits. I never knew they existed before spending time in Columbus. They go with everything.

Pamela Brown

Oct 15, 2021, 6:55:05 AM10/15/21
That's amazing. I had no idea. Thanks...
Ironically, Richard Nixon was on the Board of MONY in the 60's. My husband, Richard Dixon, kept getting his mail...

Zod

Oct 15, 2021, 5:28:13 PM10/15/21
Hello there Pamela, yes you have to watch out for forgery and identity theft here....

In Buffalo, neighborhoods were even more fine tuned and segrated, Germans here, Irish therre, Italians over there, blacks... in their own neighborhood...

But I knew of grits because my mother was a Southern woman... my father actually met and fell in love with her while he was stationed at Fort Benning, many years before my birth....

Pamela Brown

Oct 16, 2021, 2:00:07 PM10/16/21
That's so romantic. So, moving to Georgia was in a sense a homecoming?

Pamela Brown

Oct 16, 2021, 2:45:57 PM10/16/21
How would suing Bob help? Why would I release a flute cover of one of his songs if I intended to sue him?
https://dylagence.wordpress.com/

General Zod

Oct 16, 2021, 5:39:42 PM10/16/21
Spent many summer vacations down South...

Pamela Brown

Oct 17, 2021, 12:23:25 PM10/17/21
Sounds like you adapted even before you moved...lucky you...

Will Dockery

Oct 19, 2021, 1:13:53 AM10/19/21
Plus Zod lives in the woods with a group of bums so the winters are milder down south. He likes to expose himself, which isn't so flattering up north on those cold days.

Pamela Brown

Oct 19, 2021, 7:10:19 AM10/19/21
That must be it...

Will Dockery

Oct 20, 2021, 4:59:09 AM10/20/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 7:10:19 AM UTC-4, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 12:13:53 AM UTC-5, fake Dockery forged:
> > Plus Zod lives in the woods with a group of bums xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> That must be it...

Sorry, Pamela, that was another identity thieving forger, not me.

Will Dockery

Oct 20, 2021, 5:02:09 AM10/20/21
On Tuesday, October 19, 2021 at 1:13:53 AM UTC-4, fake Dockery forged:
> Plus Zod lives in the woods xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forge much, identity thieving Impostor troll?

😉

Pamela Brown

Oct 20, 2021, 6:57:22 AM10/20/21
thank you

Pamela Brown

Oct 20, 2021, 6:57:44 AM10/20/21
They're everywhere...

Zod

Oct 27, 2021, 5:20:43 PM10/27/21
All over Google and Facebook to be sure...

Pamela Brown

Oct 31, 2021, 9:48:28 AM10/31/21

Pamela Brown

Oct 31, 2021, 9:49:30 AM10/31/21

Will Dockery

Nov 2, 2021, 2:56:16 PM11/2/21
Pamela, can you remember if there was a fountain in the front of the apartment building?

I really think that you were living at what was then known as Fountain Court Apartments.

There's a couple of other possibilities but they're a few blocks farther away from downtown.

Pamela Brown

Nov 3, 2021, 6:59:23 AM11/3/21
Could very well be. Thank you!

Zod

Dec 3, 2021, 5:28:23 PM12/3/21
I know this area... back then there was no river walk....

Pamela Brown

Dec 5, 2021, 10:05:48 AM12/5/21
I don't remember that there was...
I just updated the post...
https://dylagence.wordpress.com/2021/10/09/a-connecticut-yankee-in-the-court-of-col-sanders/

Will Dockery

Dec 5, 2021, 11:25:29 AM12/5/21
Good morning, Pamela, the locals are finding the post.

🙂

Zod

Dec 5, 2021, 5:34:40 PM12/5/21
On Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 10:05:48 AM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
Of interest...

Pamela Brown

Dec 6, 2021, 7:30:30 AM12/6/21
Thank you, Will!

Pamela Brown

Dec 16, 2021, 6:28:27 AM12/16/21

Will Dockery

Dec 16, 2021, 7:38:05 AM12/16/21
Hello, Pamela, having a look.

🙂

General Zod

Dec 28, 2021, 7:19:23 PM12/28/21
Cool write up....

Will Dockery

Jan 1, 2022, 5:43:55 AM1/1/22
Good morning, and happy New Year, Pamela.

I tried to leave a comment on the blog but can't remember my password at the moment.

🙂

Pamela Brown

Jan 1, 2022, 2:00:36 PM1/1/22
Thanks, Will. Happy New Year to you too!

W-Dockery

Jan 9, 2022, 5:30:09 AM1/9/22
Hello, Pamela, I hope you're doing well so far this new year.