Karl Erik's Legendary Dylan Encyclopaedia

Ben Taylor

Sep 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/15/95
Two notable Internet mentions in the new issue of "Isis" magazine (a UK
originated Dylan fanzine).

New York Post, USA
Lisa Robinson
"Dylan min-encyclopaedia hits the 'net with plenty of pix and videoclips"
There's a new Dylan encyclopaedia in the Internet nowadays that allows you
to access sound clips, tour information, an atlas of places Dylan mentions
in his songs and just about everything else except his bowel movements by
the looks of it.

- Mark Carter ("Twenty Pounds of Headlines", "Isis" 62)

Karl Erik's achievements continue to astound, and deservedly so! A great deal
of work goes into his Dylan Web page. Well done! World fame no less. They're
talking about his Web page, "Expecting Rain", from New York City to San
Francisco to Newcastle. At a Dylan get together in Newcastle upon Tyne someone
was telling me about a place in Norway on the internet where you could
ask literally any question about Dylan and get an immediate answer. I think the
word here is 'legendary'.

Does anyone have the full article? I for one would be interested to read it but
I'm especially sure Karl Erik would love to see a copy. I think he's offline at
the moment but please do drop him a line at

karl.erik...@nbr.no

if you have the article or can get hold of it.

-

Other rec.music.dylan business in the new "Isis":

With ISIS 63 we are planning to introduce a new column, and with it some
new blood to ISIS. Though plans are still very much in their infancy the
column will concern itself with events on the computer internet service. The
column will give you information on what's available on the ever changing
NET [Never Ending Tour? - Ben], what equipment you need to receive it, and
what costs you are likely to incur. Our intention then, is to feature, with
the authors' permission, a selection of the more interesting items that have
appeared on the Internet over the previous two months. The column will be
designed to keep you abreast of what's going on and if you're a computer
user maybe to convert you to the Internet.

- Derek Barker ("My Front Pages", "Isis" 62)

Ben Taylor
--
Leeds, England
bpta...@laguna.demon.co.uk

Karl Erik Andersen

Sep 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM9/28/95
In article <811193...@laguna.demon.co.uk>
Ben Taylor <bpta...@laguna.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Two notable Internet mentions in the new issue of "Isis" magazine (a UK
> originated Dylan fanzine).

> New York Post, USA
> Lisa Robinson
> "Dylan min-encyclopaedia hits the 'net with plenty of pix and videoclips"
> There's a new Dylan encyclopaedia in the Internet nowadays that allows you
> to access sound clips, tour information, an atlas of places Dylan mentions
> in his songs and just about everything else except his bowel movements by
> the looks of it.
>
> - Mark Carter ("Twenty Pounds of Headlines", "Isis" 62)
>
> Karl Erik's achievements continue to astound, and deservedly so! A great deal
> of work goes into his Dylan Web page. Well done! World fame no less. They're
> talking about his Web page, "Expecting Rain", from New York City to San
> Francisco to Newcastle. At a Dylan get together in Newcastle upon Tyne someone
> was telling me about a place in Norway on the internet where you could
> ask literally any question about Dylan and get an immediate answer. I think the
> word here is 'legendary'.
>
> Does anyone have the full article? I for one would be interested to read it but
> I'm especially sure Karl Erik would love to see a copy. I think he's offline at
> the moment but please do drop him a line at
>
> karl.erik...@nbr.no
>
> if you have the article or can get hold of it.

Hi, I'm back, and am extremely interested in seeing this article, so
please help me find it! Thanks.

Karl Erik

Bob Dylan "Expecting Rain" WWW server:
http://bob.nbr.no/

Craig Jamieson

Oct 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/4/95
Karl Erik Andersen (Karl.Erik...@nbr.no) wrote:
: In article <811193...@laguna.demon.co.uk>

: Ben Taylor <bpta...@laguna.demon.co.uk> writes:
: > Two notable Internet mentions in the new issue of "Isis" magazine (a UK
: > originated Dylan fanzine).
: > 25 May 1995
: > New York Post, USA
: > Lisa Robinson
: > "Dylan min-encyclopaedia hits the 'net with plenty of pix and videoclips"
: > There's a new Dylan encyclopaedia in the Internet nowadays that allows you
: > to access sound clips, tour information, an atlas of places Dylan mentions
: > in his songs and just about everything else except his bowel movements by
: > the looks of it.

Is the bowel movements section still under password control? Any plans
to open it up to everyone Karl Erik?

Any plans for Ben to realise how wide a commputer screen is? :-)