Rumour or fact? Stormy Season tracks?

Karl Erik Andersen

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

I found this on DylanChat earlier today, typed in by a certain El
Tortilla. It was supposed to be the tracklist for Bob's rumoured next
album, Stormy Season, and someone claimed to have heard it.

1.Butcher's Crew
2.The Firestarter
3.Apollo's Love
4.Police State
5.You Belong To Me
6. Abraham's Altar
7.When you Give Me Your Love
8.Up on the Hill
9.[don't know its name - Stormy Season??]
10.No Compassion

I am posting it to ask if anyone can confirm or deny. Myself I see no
reason to think it's true, how 'bout you?

Karl Erik
Bob Dylan: Expecting Rain
http://bob.nbr.no/

John Howells

Oct 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/8/96

Number 5 is interesting. "You Belong To Me" is a song he actually
did as part of the "Natural Born Killers" soundtrack. If this is
the same song, it goes a long way toward giving the appearance that
this list could indeed be genuine. On the other hand, this is probably
just another "UFO".

--

John Howells
how...@sgi.com

Rob Williams

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

In article Karl Erik Andersen writes:

>I found this on DylanChat earlier today, typed in by a certain El
>Tortilla. It was supposed to be the tracklist for Bob's rumoured next
>album, Stormy Season, and someone claimed to have heard it.

>1.Butcher's Crew
>2.The Firestarter
>3.Apollo's Love
>4.Police State
>5.You Belong To Me
>6. Abraham's Altar
>7.When you Give Me Your Love
>8.Up on the Hill
>9.[don't know its name - Stormy Season??]
>10.No Compassion

>I am posting it to ask if anyone can confirm or deny. Myself I see no
>reason to think it's true, how 'bout you?

Sounds like a fake to me, though it's only my opinion; could be right or
wrong. It appears that "You Belong To Me" tries to establish a credibility
'cause it's a song recently recorded & trying to show Bob Dylan's apparant
lack of creative juices flowing at the moment. However, the key aspect that
bothered me was the titles-- "Abraham's Altar", "Butcher's Crew", & "Apollo's
Love". It seems almost imposssible that Dylan would have three titles so
similar on the same album; they're all possessive's. On all the other albums,
I can only think of two songs having very similar title structure, the album
being "Freewheelin'" and the songs being "BD's Dream" & "BD's Blues." Of
course, I haven't gone looking through all the albums, so I might have missed
another example. Of course, if the album's theme is some sort of
possessiveness, than my theory's thrown out the window.

Kaliph

John R. Weikart

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

In article <rgw105.9...@psu.edu>, rgw...@psu.edu (Rob Williams) wrote:

> similar on the same album; they're all possessive's. On all the other
albums,
> I can only think of two songs having very similar title structure, the album
> being "Freewheelin'" and the songs being "BD's Dream" & "BD's Blues." Of
> course, I haven't gone looking through all the albums, so I might have missed
> another example. Of course, if the album's theme is some sort of
> possessiveness, than my theory's thrown out the window.
>

> Kaliph

Well, I see your point, but what about John Wesley Harding? That album had:

DEAR LANDLORD
I Pity The POOR IMMIGRANT
The WICKED MESSENGER
I Am A LONESOME HOBO

Also:

Down Along the Cove
All Along the Watchtower

The titles on that album have always intrigued me because of these similarities.

As for the Stormy Season track list... I have no way of knowing whether
it's authentic or not. But the titles sound interesting enough.

-John
jwei...@mail.utexas.edu

Ben Taylor

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

Karl Erik Andersen <karl...@online.no> writes:
>I found this on DylanChat earlier today, typed in by a certain El
>Tortilla.

With a name like "El Tortilla" how can he *not* be on the up and up?
:-)

Speaking generally, from where did the title "Stormy Season" originate?
It has been banded about for a while now, even appearing in Isis
magazine (and perhaps The Telegraph, I don't recall). Does it have any
more credibility than the rmd hoax album title "Coupe de Ville" (yes, I
know someone's gonna come along and say it wasn't a hoax.....).

Back to Karl Erik's question: anyone?

BPTaylor

Midn Anant Venu

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

This may be a stupid question, but are the songs on the rumored
album below Dylan compositions or traditionals of some sort,
making an album similar to World Gone Wrong?

Thanks,
Anant