Musicians with Lisps

Sherry Harvey

Sep 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/15/99
Those fellows from the Backstreet Boys all lisp...
Peter Stone Brown wrote in message <37E534...@erols.com>...
>ScottGW wrote:
>>
>> Although I have never heard Bob's lisp, it wouldn't surprise me at
all...and he
>> wouldn't be alone. Many great performers have had lisps. Among them are
David
>> Crosby, Van Morrison, many others.
>>

>Dylan has no lisp and neither does Van Morrison. Maybe you're confusing
>a Belfast accent with a lisp.
>
>--
>"Where the angels' voices whisper to the souls of previous times."
>--Bob Dylan
>Peter Stone Brown
>e-mail: pet...@erols.com
>http://www.tangible-music.com/peterstonebrown/

nigel

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

Sherry Harvey wrote in message <7s3kh6$m...@dfw-ixnews21.ix.netcom.com>...

>Those fellows from the Backstreet Boys all lisp...

LOL!!!!!

Anyway...I've listened to numerous interviews with Bob (as I'm sure you all
have) and never detected any lisp. Just for fun, imagine someone sining Sub.
Himesick Blues thgrough a heavy lisp...

Baguet1

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
here's the answer: I noticed it was more pronounced on Time Out of Mind. It's
not a lisp. It's the air between his teeth from receding gums. He's not losing
his teeth, just getting a little too much wind with the words. It's most
noticeable on Trying to Get to Heaven Before They Close The Door.

KReilly

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
>It's the air between his teeth from receding gums.

You are amazing! Thank you for your insight.

don freeman

Sep 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/21/99
I've read a lot of analysis about Bob Dylan's gum disease, but I've
never heard it said so cogently before

Cynthia Marie Winkler

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99

nigel wrote:

Maybe he's had his teeth fixed or he's learned to control it or something, but
in the 60s, Bob Dylan DEFINITELY had a little lisp.

Absolutely Cynthia Marie
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/2615

TBoneRank

Sep 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/23/99
You silly woman. EVERYONE knows that Bob NEVER had his TEETH FIXED. You
should be banished from this newsgroup.

Tumulty

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Cynthia wrote:
<< Maybe he's had his teeth fixed or he's learned to control it or something,
but
in the 60s, Bob Dylan DEFINITELY had a little lisp. >>

What if it was an excess of saliva or maybe he was very fond of lozengers at
the time?
T.

Kim Knopf

Jan 22, 2024, 2:30:37 PMJan 22
On Wednesday, September 15, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Sherry Harvey wrote:
> Those fellows from the Backstreet Boys all lisp...
On the song Tupelo Honey Van Morrison sounds like he has a lisp especially on the word she.

Rachel

Jan 22, 2024, 4:20:58 PMJan 22
i have a litthp thometimthz

General-Zod

Jan 23, 2024, 4:15:21 PMJan 23
Bogart had a lisp but of course he was not a singer...

Zod

Jan 30, 2024, 12:33:49 PMJan 30
On Thursday, September 23, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Cynthia Marie Winkler wrote:
> nigel wrote:
> > Sherry Harvey wrote in message <7s3kh6$m...@dfw-ixnews21.ix.netcom.com>...
> > >Those fellows from the Backstreet Boys all lisp...
> >
> > LOL!!!!!
> >
> > Anyway...I've listened to numerous interviews with Bob (as I'm sure you all
> > have) and never detected any lisp. Just for fun, imagine someone sining Sub.
> > Himesick Blues thgrough a heavy lisp...
> Maybe he's had his teeth fixed or he's learned to control it or something, but
> in the 60s, Bob Dylan DEFINITELY had a little lisp.
> Absolutely Cynthia Marie
> http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/2615

Maybe he was a gay back then and got normal when he converted to Christianity and prayed away the gay.