Rumor: new Dylan album

Dave Johnson

Jul 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/25/96

I just heard a rumor of a new Dylan album involving
Daniel Lanois and Emmylou Harris...

Anybody know anything?

Maybe somebody got mixed up about the recent Emmylou Harris
album that involved Dylan and Lanois?

- Dave

Murcura

Jul 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/25/96

A friendly RMDer pointed me to the "Expecting Rain" webpage, which, under
the "Discussion" area, contains two posts regarding new album rumors. The
basic gist of them is that Daniel Lanois has been asked to to produce, Bob
has already demoed the songs for him, and it will be called "Stormy
Season." A mysteriously unnamed Sony person claims that Dylan says it will
be one of his best ever.

What does it all mean? Who knows -- but I'll take an unsubstantiated rumor
over *nothing*. Personally, I dream of a reunion with Lanois -- Oh Mercy
was his best album in decades, IMHO. Check out the "Expecting Rain" page:

http://bob.nbr.no/

Yours in Bob,

*****************************
Sean Murdock
mur...@aol.com

SK

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96
Paul Williams mentioned in a note to me that the rumour is Bob is
recording in August. No other details.
steve

Baguet

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

By a factor of ten Infidels/Empire is better than Oh Mercy.

Murcura

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96

>> By a factor of ten Infidels/Empire is better than Oh Mercy.

Do you mean the released versions of Infidels and Empire, or the stuff Bob
left in the can? <g> If you're referring to the released versions, I would
have to favor Oh Mercy (although Oh Mercy would have been infinitely
stronger with "Dignity," "Series of Dreams," and the original "Born In
Time.").

Anyway, I'm just happy to hear that Dylan *might* be recording a new album
of originals, regardless of who it's with.

Sean Murdock
mur...@aol.com