Another odd coincidence...

Pamela Brown

Nov 24, 2021, 9:30:00 AM11/24/21
It looks like Bob is playing a stone's throw from where Richard and I were married. We had our reception at this Stouffers...which later suffered a devastating fire...
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/revisiting-the-deadly-stouffers-inn-fire-of-1980-the-tape-room
And, of course, he just happens to be singing MOVOY...
https://dylagence.wordpress.com/2021/03/12/a-possible-connection-in-the-vortex-odd-references-in-bob-dylans-my-own-version-of-you/

General Zod

Nov 24, 2021, 5:44:09 PM11/24/21
Hi and happy Thanksgiving to ye.....

Rachel

Nov 24, 2021, 7:08:15 PM11/24/21
why did you say ye ?

Pamela Brown

Nov 25, 2021, 10:05:33 AM11/25/21
On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 4:44:09 PM UTC-6, genera...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 9:30:00 AM UTC-5, pamel...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > It looks like Bob is playing a stone's throw from where Richard and I were married. We had our reception at this Stouffers...which later suffered a devastating fire...
> > https://www.fox5ny.com/news/revisiting-the-deadly-stouffers-inn-fire-of-1980-the-tape-room To
> > And, of course, he just happens to be singing MOVOY...
> > https://dylagence.wordpress.com/2021/03/12/a-possible-connection-in-the-vortex-odd-references-in-bob-dylans-my-own-version-of-you/
> Hi and happy Thanksgiving to ye.....
To ye and yours as well!

Pamela Brown

Nov 26, 2021, 12:57:09 PM11/26/21
We were married in New York, rather than at our family church, Golden Hill Methodist in Bridgeport, Connecticut, because my cousin was a Methodist minister, and he had access to a church there...

Pamela Brown

Nov 27, 2021, 2:33:15 PM11/27/21
From now on, I'm calling these 'some kind' of 'odd coincidence'...

Just Walkin'

Dec 1, 2021, 12:54:05 PM12/1/21
On Friday, November 26, 2021 at 11:57:09 AM UTC-6,
Now that beats the pants off everything, Pamela. On top of everything else, you're from Bridgeport, too?

Zod

Dec 2, 2021, 6:08:23 PM12/2/21
Cool....

Pamela Brown

Dec 3, 2021, 8:19:37 AM12/3/21
Well, sort of...
My Dad was a metallurgical engineer. He graduated from the School of Mines in Rapid City, SD. His first job was in Chicago, where I was born. Then he was transferred to the Bassick Company in Bridgeport, so we moved there when I was three. We rented the first floor of a lovely Victorian house on Grove Street. I was seven when we moved to Fairfield...

Pamela Brown

Dec 3, 2021, 8:22:48 AM12/3/21
I know. What are the chances of bumping into Just -- who is no only from my hometown but also my high school -- in the frozen tundra of the Midwest?

Just Walkin'

Dec 5, 2021, 9:34:45 PM12/5/21
On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 7:22:48 AM UTC-6,
Did you go to Nathan Hale or Shelton Elementary? I went to Madison, before moving to Fairfield at the age of 11.

Pamela Brown

Dec 6, 2021, 7:27:59 AM12/6/21
I went to Grasmere Elementary. It was near Gould Manor Park.

Just Walkin'

Dec 6, 2021, 7:55:40 PM12/6/21
On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 6:27:59 AM UTC-6,
We used to play baseball at Gould Manor Park, but that is in Fairfield, as is Grasmere. My high school friend's father was the custodian there for 20 years. Did you commute from Grove St?

Did you also go to McKinley Jr. High School or was Grasmere K-8 in those days?

Pamela Brown

Dec 7, 2021, 6:03:58 AM12/7/21
I was at Grasmere from grades 2-8.

Zod

Dec 7, 2021, 3:07:45 PM12/7/21
Cool synchronicity....

Pamela Brown

Dec 8, 2021, 6:17:02 AM12/8/21
I know!

Pamela Brown

Dec 8, 2021, 6:24:35 AM12/8/21
We lived north of Jennings Road, adjacent to Tanaka Park. Our best friends from the Golden Hill Methodist in church in Bridgeport lived there, so that is why my parents wanted us to be close to them.
There's a photo of our house in this post. It is still there, though many of the other houses on the street are now "McMansions"...
https://theothermozart.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/on-the-possibility-of-my-having-been-poisoned-as-a-child/

Just Walkin'

Dec 13, 2021, 11:03:27 PM12/13/21
On Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 5:24:35 AM UTC-6,
From K through 6 grade, I lived in back of St. Vincent's hospital and went to Madison School. We moved to Fairfield off High St near Judd Rd sending me to McKinley for 7 & 8 and Andrew Warde for High School. My claim to fame back then was being one of the founders of southern Connecticut's underground student newspaper, the Glass Onion. (I named it after the Beatles song because it was all about a bunch of boozhie suburban white kids seeing how the other half lived. You see, I originally came from Bridgeport, where the other half lived!) Anyhow, we made the front page of the Sunday Post and it was banned from high schools across the state!

Pamela Brown

Dec 14, 2021, 7:35:14 AM12/14/21
I know that area. My sister Angel was born at St. Vincent's. I had dancing lessons in Bridgeport, as well as church, so we went back and forth a lot. I heard something about the Glass Onion. That is really interesting.
We lived at the bottom of Greenfield Hill, so I caught all kinds of ridicule at Warde from the rich kids who lived on the Hill. I know how that feels.

General Zod

Apr 16, 2022, 3:25:33 PM4/16/22
Hi there....

Pamela Brown