Bootleg # 16

已查看 154 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Chris Pyle

未读,
2021年7月21日 11:44:122021/7/21
收件人
New bootleg series covering 1980-1985, called Springtime in New York coming out this fall.

Pamela Brown

未读,
2021年7月21日 14:07:362021/7/21
收件人
On Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 10:44:12 AM UTC-5, Chris Pyle wrote:
> New bootleg series covering 1980-1985, called Springtime in New York coming out this fall.
Wonder why it isn't called Autumn in New York..

K. Hematite

未读,
2021年7月21日 14:43:502021/7/21
收件人
On Wednesday, 21 July 2021 at 11:44:12 UTC-4, Chris Pyle wrote:
> New bootleg series covering 1980-1985, called Springtime in New York coming out this fall.

Springtime in New York, Bootleg Series 16 (September 17, 2021)

Disc 1
1 Señor (Tales of Yankee Power) (Rehearsal)
2 To Ramona (Rehearsal)
3 Jesus Met the Woman at the Well (Rehearsal)
4 Mary of the Wild Moor (Rehearsal)
5 Need a Woman (Rehearsal)
6 A Couple More Years (Rehearsal)
7 Mystery Train (Shot of Love Outtake)
8 This Night Won't Last Forever (Rehearsal)
9 We Just Disagree (Rehearsal)
10 Let's Keep It Between Us (Rehearsal)
11 Sweet Caroline (Rehearsal)
12 Fever (Rehearsal)
13 Abraham, Martin and John (Rehearsal)

Disc 2
1 Angelina (Shot of Love Outtake)
2 Price of Love (Shot of Love Outtake)
3 I Wish It Would Rain (Shot of Love Outtake)
4 Let It Be Me (International 7" Single B-Side)
5 Cold, Cold Heart (Shot of Love Outtake)
6 Don't Ever Take Yourself Away (Shot of Love Outtake)
7 Fur Slippers (Shot of Love Outtake)
8 Borrowed Time (Shot of Love Outtake)
9 Is It Worth It? (Shot of Love Outtake)
10 Lenny Bruce (Shot of Love Alternate Mix)
11 Yes Sir, No Sir (Shot of Love Outtake)

Disc 3
1 Jokerman (Infidels Alternate Take)
2 Blind Willie McTell (Take 5 - Infidels Outtake)
3 Don't Fall Apart on Me Tonight (Version 1) (Infidels Alternate Take)
4 Don't Fall Apart on Me Tonight (Version 2) (Infidels Alternate Take)
5 Neighborhood Bully (Infidels Alternate Take)
6 Someone's Got a Hold of My Heart (Infidels Outtake)
7 This Was My Love (Infidels Outtake)
8 Too Late (Acoustic Version) (Infidels Outtake)
9 Too Late (Band Version) (Infidels Outtake) 6:17
10 Foot of Pride (Infidels Outtake)

Disc 4
1 Clean Cut Kid (Infidels Outtake)
2 Sweetheart Like You (Infidels Alternate Take)
3 Baby What You Want Me To Do (Infidels Outtake)
4 Tell Me (Infidels Outtake)
5 Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground (Infidels Outtake)
6 Julius and Ethel (Infidels Outtake)
7 Green, Green Grass of Home (Infidels Outtake)
8 Union Sundown (Infidels Outtake)
9 Lord Protect My Child (Infidels Outtake)
10 I and I (Infidels Alternate Take)
11 Death is Not the End (Full Version) (Infidels Outtake)

Disc 5
1 Enough is Enough (Live from Slane Castle, Ireland)
2 License to Kill (Live on Late Night with David Letterman 03/22/84)
3 I'll Remember You (Empire Burlesque Alternate Take)
4 Tight Connection to My Heart (Has Anyone Seen My Love) (Empire Burlesque Alternate Mix)
5 Seeing the Real You at Last (Empire Burlesque Alternate Take)
6 Emotionally Yours (Empire Burlesque Alternate Take)
7 Clean Cut Kid (Empire Burlesque Alternate Take)
8 Straight A's in Love (Empire Burlesque Alternate Take)
9 When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky (Empire Burlesque (Slow Version) Alternate Take)
10 When the Night Comes Falling from the Sky (Empire Burlesque (Fast Version) Alternate Take)
11 New Danville Girl (Empire Burlesque Outtake)
12 Dark Eyes (Empire Burlesque Alternate Take)

K. Hematite

未读,
2021年7月21日 16:04:482021/7/21
收件人
Possibly because most of the Infidels album was recorded in New York City, in the springtime. Or maybe Dylan is a big fan of Jonathan Richman, whom he once compared, on his radio show, to Bertolt Brecht :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=670K9ylOfXA

"When I think of songwriters I don't really think of myself. I think of other people. I know I'm doing it, too. But it gives me more of a kick to see somebody else do it. I *need* to do it. Like that Jonathan Richman. I get a kick out of that. I'd rather listen to that. Whereas my stuff, I need to do it, I have to do it, I'm inside it all the time. So I've got a get *out* of it. When I hear my old stuff I just think of how badly it was recorded."

Pamela Brown

未读,
2021年7月22日 14:10:122021/7/22
收件人
Interesting. Bertolt Brecht connection -- I took a class with Prof. Robert Corrigan at NYU grad school and he suggested that we go to the off-off-off Broadway Martinique Theater to see Baal. Tiny stage, wooden rises for seats. There was relatively unknown James Earl Jones, in a loincloth. So close, at one point he spat on me. Incredible...
http://www.iobdb.com/Production/3607

Pamela Brown

未读,
2021年8月21日 12:54:042021/8/21
收件人
May prove to be an unfortunate title...

Will Dockery

未读,
2021年8月22日 08:41:212021/8/22
收件人
This will be a great one, although Outfidels bootleg covers a lot of this.

President_dudley

未读,
2021年8月22日 17:54:052021/8/22
收件人
Blind Willie McTell [Take 1]
https://vimeo.com/405062186

not on BS16 i don't believe. A side of a record store day 7"?

Willie

未读,
2021年8月22日 20:45:252021/8/22
收件人
TeeHee. And paired with these titles:

Need a Woman
A Couple More Years
Let's Keep It Between Us
Fever
Sweetheart Like You
Baby What You Want Me To Do
Lord Protect My Child

Zod

未读,
2021年8月23日 17:28:032021/8/23
收件人
Cool, cool...

Will Dockery

未读,
2021年8月27日 21:22:292021/8/27
收件人
On Sunday, August 22, 2021 at 8:45:25 PM UTC-4, Willie wrote:
Jerry Lee Lewis did cover Rita Mae.

Willie

未读,
2021年9月20日 16:30:362021/9/20
收件人
Nice video of Bob in studio with Mark Knopfler and Mick Taylor adding tasty licks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di6wU11_4Wg&t=43s
I think this is part of the new bootleg.

Rachel

未读,
2021年9月20日 20:01:382021/9/20
收件人
i wish i could have been there.....to help him fix it, tell him the parts that are wrong, and what's right, and help him improve it. then for him to practice it correctly, and get it perfect.

Rachel

未读,
2021年9月20日 20:02:352021/9/20
收件人
too late now, he can't sing anymore.

oh well.

Will Dockery

未读,
2021年9月21日 03:59:182021/9/21
收件人
I saw the Letterman clips also, that was a thrilling night.

😎

Zod

未读,
2021年10月1日 16:57:232021/10/1